Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator (7756 Views)

"My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / 2 Women Caught With Stolen Meat. You Won't Believe How They Hid The Meat / Two Arrested With Stolen Bus Inside Redeemed Camp (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2012

The Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, Iju Station unit in Lagos State, southwest Nigeria, has arrested a suspect for stealing an electric generator.

The suspect, 32-year old man is said to be a motorcycle and generator repairer who claimed to be the son of a Divisional Police Officer, DPO, in Gwasu Local Government area of Borno State, northeast Nigeria.

OPC Coordinator in Iju Station, Comrade Peters Pedro, a.k.a. Commander, told Crime Watch that the rate of generating set theft in the area had become alarming and so his men were put on alert.

He added that while his men were on surveillance, the suspect, a cart pusher went to the residence of Oladotun Ojumu and stole his portable generator popularly known as ‘I better pass my neighbour’

“Unknown to the suspect, an OPC member saw him when he hid the generator inside his cart and as he was about leaving, the house, the OPC man accosted him, he was arrested on the spot”, the OPC local leader said.

According to him, the suspect was interrogated at OPC zonal office at New Oko Oba, near Agege, Lagos before he was handed over to the police at Oko Oba Division.

When Crime Watch visited Oko Oba Police State, the DPO was said to have gone on official assignment at Area ‘G’, Ogba. A source at the police station confirmed the incident, saying that the suspect will soon be charged to court at the completion of investigation.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/15/dpos-son-arrested-with-stolen-generator/
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
if true,this must be the reflection of what his father does in uniform or what he saw his father doing while growing up. it runs in the blood.

2 Likes

Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by princemmab(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
4bobo: if true,this must be the reflection of what his father does in uniform or what he saw his father doing while growing up. it runs in the blood.
Yeah true talk "if its true"
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by mallorca(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
4bobo: if true,this must be the reflection of what his father does in uniform or what he saw his father doing while growing up. it runs in the blood.
just my thought
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by madeinnigeria: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2012
Shey him papa no dey collect bribe ni?..why him com dey go carry generator?dis pikin just spoil him papa name for nothin cheesy

1 Like

Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by fellawales: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think the dude only wants to save his ass with the lie of being a DPO son.what wiLl a DPO son from the north be doing as a cart pusher in the west here. Over to the police.

2 Likes

Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Richsunday4(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
made in nigeria: Shey him papa no dey collect bribe ni?..why him com dey go carry generator?dis pikin just spoil him papa name for nothin cheesy
i find it difficult 2 believe,can son of dpo b a cart pusher ?
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by senateservices(m): 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
grin angry grin the rate at which generators are beign stolen is alarming and i have put my men at alart! so now our naija police na generator tiefs be deir targets. anyway sha, like father like son.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by folajoko(m): 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
God forgive me ooo, person wey steal peak milk in Nigeria wey no be DPO pikin den kil am...wetin den go come do dis guy?
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by madeinnigeria: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
Richsunday4: i find it difficult 2 believe,can son of dpo b a cart pusher ?
u no knw say majority of this police officers no dey take care of their children?na born and neglect dem dey do
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by kensandrea: 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
I TINK THIS STORY IS A BIG LIE AND A STINKING RUBBISH STORY JUST IMAGINE

The suspect, 32-year old man is[/size] said to be a motorcycle and generator repairer who claimed to be the son of a Divisional Police Officer[b][/b], DPO, in Gwasu Local Government area of Borno State, northeast Nigeria.

IS THIS NOT SHOWING THAT THE STORY WAS JUST FABRICATED PLS BEFORE COMMENTING ON A POST PLS GET YOUR FACTS NOT TO JUDGE WRONGLY

AND SECONDLY WATS THIS [size=8pt]OPC
JOBS ARE THEY NOT THE RAFTERS IN THAT SOCIETY

HOW CAN A POT CALL A KETTLE BLACK
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by miteolu(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
KOBO go back for more truth on this story.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by abu3310: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
unbelievable,DPO's son a cart pusher aaahhh neva.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Fiawest(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
If he is actually d son of a Nigeria DPO....then he is in d right profession.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by greall1: 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
THE GUY THOUGHT THE GENERATOR IS SCRAP GENERATOR.YOU CAN SEE SCRAP FAN AND SOME Aluminum Fan lol
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Jibwillz: 2:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
He'z livin' his fathrz drimz I mst say.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by ajf(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2012
made in nigeria: u no knw say majority of this police officers no dey take care of their children?na born and neglect dem dey do
True! They have many children through different mothers and those children are then neglected. For an average Nigerian policeman,a transfer equals a new wife...
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by haulagehandlers(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
ajf:
True! They have many children through different mothers and those children are then neglected. For an average Nigerian policeman,a transfer equals a new wife...

You are quite right....buh something is not right with the story.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by aramide99: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
plz do more investigation because the boy may not be D P O son. and if is the D P O son that those not mean the father may send him such business. this should be a lesson for every security and security officer that when they have a child they should train him or her. To everybody try to train your children
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by heed101(m): 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
oopz, he might not have stolen it. May be the owner is tired of using the generator or something grin the OPC should understand now. there z constant supply of power in the area cheesy
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by sylve11: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
Nonsense! angry cool
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by gbadexy(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
Na God save the guy. Nice one, OPC to has re branded and has better modus operandi.
If it were before, the guy would have since crossed over to heaven.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
Like father, like son.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Youngzedd(m): 3:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
There is nothing a snake will give birth to that will not be long.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by fellory: 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Like father like son like father like son.He wants to be like baba
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by cheddarking(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
the OPC man accosted him, he was arrested on the spot”, the OPC local leader said.

According to him, the suspect was interrogated at OPC zonal office at New Oko Oba, near Agege, Lagos

Does OPC have the authority to do this?

And....

They have a 'Zonal Office'? shocked
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Jakumo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hey I like the trophy held up so proudly by the suspect. It looks like one of the cups won by Tiger Woods at the US Open golf tournament, only this award is for expertise in burglary and receiving stolen property.

The unwilling stars of Nigerian police "suspect parades" always put such endearing expressions of shocked innocence on their faces when they meet the press, as if to say, "I don't deny having lived a life of heinous crime, but the devil is the only guilty party here, and so I need to go free, since I was merely acting on old Satan's orders".

1 Like

Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by pinozino: 8:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
Like father like son,for an office of dat class 2 neglect the training of his son 2 school what go we expect,Armrobber,militant,Bokoharam;etc.especial when the child believe the father can always come 2 his resqueue when he is caugth...face the music!
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Shininlite20(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Train up a child in d way he should go!
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by otosa(m): 10:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
Baba e lofijo
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by Dsage1: 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
aramide99: plz do more investigation because the boy may not be D P O son. and if is the D P O son that those not mean the father may send him such business. this should be a lesson for every security and security officer that when they have a child they should train him or her. To everybody try to train your children

Den tell you say DPO kno he be his son? The guy impregnated his mother 32yeears ago when he was just a constable somewhere in Ogun- State.

So when he grows up, he was told by his mother that his father is now a DPO somewhere in Maiduguri. The guy(DPO) no kno am abeg.
Re: DPO's Son Arrested With Stolen Generator by oladayo042: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2012
cheddarking:

Does OPC have the authority to do this?

And....

They have a 'Zonal Office'? shocked

I'm about to ask the same question. Who knows how they interrogated him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeyemi Ikuforiji & Oyebode To Be Re-Arraigned By EFCC For Money Laundering / Notorious Eiye Cult Member Said He Is Going To Clear All Aye In Edo State / Top Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.