Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,175 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. (763 Views)

Today's Devotional For Active Prayer / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. / Daily Devotional For Nairalanders.topic:the Recipe For Success. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Devotional For Nairalanders. by oludayo20(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2007
Hi All,
Grace and mercy of the lord to continually be with you,It's great to be here once again,the lord is good and His mercy endured for ever!,Today's christmas eve and we'll be discussing about Reaching Out!.
Our text:John1:14, 'The word became flesh, and moved into the neighbourhood',

Among the christmas eve congregation at the 5th avenue presbyterian church was a recovering alcoholic named Jim.It was his first christmas alone and when a young family sat down beside him he couldn't handle it .Leaving the church he met Pastor Thomas Tewell who asked where he was going',Out for a drink',he replied.Knowing Jim's history,Tewell said ,You can't.Where's your sponsor?'on vacation',he replied.'I came tonight needing a word of hope and ended sitting beside this family.if I'd my life together ,I'd be here with mine'.As the pastor walked to the pulpit he prayed,'God ,give me a word of hope for Jim.'Then ,after welcoming the congregation he said ,'I have a request.if anyone here is a friend of Bill W's,and and if you are you'll know it ,please meet me in the vestry.(Bill Wilson,better known as Bill W.,co founded Alcoholics Anonymous).Immediately people from all over the congregation began to respond.Dr Tewell says,'While I was busy preaching about the incarnation,the word was becoming flesh before my eyes!'
As you celebrate Jesus'birth,remember that many around you are hurting.,they've lost hope.Don't forget,'The Word became Flesh'only because Jesus went out of His way to redeem sinners,lift the fallen,encourage the despairing,and minister to the sick,the lonely and the forgotten.And He said,In as much as you've done it unto the least, of these, you've done it unto me.'So instead of keeping to yourself this year,reach out to others-go ahead,make it your best christmas ever!.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Purpose Of Prayers? / What Nxt! / Who Has Seen The Gate Guarded By The Angels With Flashing Swords?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.