Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja (14085 Views)

Land For Sale At Mpape Abuja / Breaking News: Demolition Of Houses On-going In Mpape,abuja / House For Sale at Mpape,Abuja with 10 Pictures attached. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by azimibraun: 11:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
Started d year with fuel subsidy removal and hike in price of fuel, in dsame year dis ppl are bin buldozed out of dia houses tru demolition right in d middle of anoda fuel palaver.. Yet 2 recover frm january 1st, they are in hell again in august. Fwesh air nigga no talk o!
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 17, 2012
When these people become violent criminals out of frustration, we start cursing them forgetting that the govt in the first place denied them the right to shelter, especially in this rainy mad season in Abuja. Whatever the reasons, it is simply wicked!mthe govt hasn't given yet it's taking away the little they have. The tragedy called Nigeria
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by MeandSum: 4:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Da-unashamed:
According to a close pal that works at the FCDA,the city has not even attained 25% its original plan. Heard the city was ment to stretch along airport road up to Gwagwalada and on the other side up to Zuba along Suleja road with both sides of the 4-lane roads fully developed and both meeting to become one with the Gwarimpa estate...where I get puzzled is this: with all the massive land yet to be developed, why go demolishing where people habitate? Yeah we know they are sticking to the master plan but cant they just build some estate in the undeveloped area so people that will be affected by the demolishing will have a place to run to before they invite the bulldozers?

Those people developed their properties without any valid papers(which is illegal everywhere in the world).
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by hassey(m): 5:58am On Aug 17, 2012
Elueme: The elrufai you sing his praises did worse than this.. The law must be followed.. The pains will be for a while but Nigerians ll be happier for this action someday...Provided one individual doesn't reallocate the the lands to his concubines, cronies and family members..
and wat do u xpect u tink dey will allocate ds to ur parents. 4 sure is goin to b allocated to d president and frds, first lady, ministers, senators, and d likes. Bsds d place is name after gudluk egbere jonathan. Or maitama xtention.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Bawss1(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2012
The demolition exercises will be seen by many as wicked and unfair but many people who actually developed property in the areas marked for demolition did so without the necessary approval from the authorities. Did they think that they would be allowed to get away with such an act considering that this is not the first time the FCDA is carrying out demolitions?

This is another case of Nigerians behaving as though rules and regulations don't apply to them. Instituting a lawsuit to stop the FCDA will be just a wasted effort.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by olorunoba(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2012
Well life goes on imagine having 9self contain houses@180000 per annum. Dont wish anyone bad luck ooooo
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2012
ocman: yes they just brought my five bedroom duplex down. am finihsed

"They just brought down your Five Bedroom Duplex" Why do you have to lie Bro? I stay in Mpape near Crushed Rock Industries Ltd. No house was demolished yesterday, they only demolished shops at New Market where we usually have Friday Market by the roadside every friday. I got back to Mpape from work(Area 7 Garki) 5:30pm there was heavy traffic, people kept packing their properties so I asked why the mass panic packing, the driver replied and narrated what happened. I alighted from the cab cos of traffic and walked towards Oceanic where I saw what happened for myself. People say they demolished the shops at New Market and ones by the roadside cos they harbour armed robbers who used to go and rob in the town. People packed through midnight till early in the morning, some people are still packing this morning at at when I left Mpape for Garki. I'm going to pay for another apartment today, a clean 1 bedroom flat at Aso Mararaba(150,000 not too expensive). When I got to work this morning, I saw news on AIT that Attorney General of the Federation Mohammed Adoke has urged the FCTA to suspend the demolition for now until the court gives the verdict. Abuja and Nigeria has been sold, this country is for the rich. We can't rob, we can only work hard and pray to God to link us, there's money in Abuja, I no dey go back to Village laelae. Cheers.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Ozonelayer1: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2012
D athony general of d federatin sayed dat d mather still day court,so y will d demolition start witout d court setline every tin
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by kilimanjaro(m): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2012
alkadriyar:
they brougth ur five bedroom duplex down and u could type?
Besides no such structure in mpape. I believe its 5 bedroom "face me and face you"
You don't know Mpape! There are lots of duplexes there that would stand comfortably in either Maitama or Asokoro.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by olax44(m): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2012
Are u affected by the demolition? God will provide another apartment for you.
Meanwhil, there's a ready-made room self-contained apartment at Kabusa going for N100k. Pls call 08038289831
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by tunes2k10(m): 12:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
what do Mpape people expect......, it is the next target for the rich politicians (those just or currently in power). there is no more land in Wuse, wuse II, Garki, Asokoro, Maitama (or why do you think our first ladies are fighting over the land close to Nanet Suite) and even the newly opened up areas like Maitama Extension, Lokogomo and Jahi, that are quite close to the city center has been quickly shared among themselves and i tell you, it wasn't enough. These rich guys can't afford to go all the way to virgin area like Karshi, Orozo, Bwari, kwali, or along the Airport road becos it's far and necessary amenities are not there. The closer sub-hub to the city center is of course Mpape, it's less than 5mins drive to the heart of Maitama and Anyone that has ever been to Mpape will attest to the fact that from Mpape (which is an elevated settlement) you can see the awesome beauty of Abuja (infact, you can equal Mpape to Ministers' Hill if not better when it come to getting a great view of the city). i need not mention that majority of the artisan, traders, labourers, low income earners (both public and private), drivers etc are living in mpape in order to survive in the over priced city called Abuja.

It's a pity that the rich has set their eye on Mpape, they won't stop till it's brought down.

1 Like

Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Everking(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2012
Very painful,doz concernd plz tkia,God no de sleep,He will surely take u to a greener pasture dan dia.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Bobajo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
Unfortunately, this is the most accurate description of what is happening. Mpape is too close to Maitama to survive. Just like Maroko (now renamed Oniru) was too close to Victoria Island in those days. And to be fair to the FCDA, all the houses in Mpape were built illegally. I know this because my mom in law has/had 2 houses there and she said at the time they bought the land, FCDA told them that Mpape is zoned to be a quarry in the Abuja Masterplan, and that building houses there is at their own risk. Mind you this was over 15 years ago. I really feel for the woman. Nigeria just dont treat citizens who are not rich right. It's unfortunate.

tunes2k10: what do Mpape people expect......, it is the next target for the rich politicians (those just or currently in power). there is no more land in Wuse, wuse II, Garki, Asokoro, Maitama (or why do you think our first ladies are fighting over the land close to Nanet Suite) and even the newly opened up areas like Maitama Extension, Lokogomo and Jahi, that are quite close to the city center has been quickly shared among themselves and i tell you, it wasn't enough. These rich guys can't afford to go all the way to virgin area like Karshi, Orozo, Bwari, kwali, or along the Airport road becos it's far and necessary amenities are not there. The closer sub-hub to the city center is of course Mpape, it's less than 5mins drive to the heart of Maitama and Anyone that has ever been to Mpape will attest to the fact that from Mpape (which is an elevated settlement) you can see the awesome beauty of Abuja (infact, you can equal Mpape to Ministers' Hill if not better when it come to getting a great view of the city). i need not mention that majority of the artisan, traders, labourers, low income earners (both public and private), drivers etc are living in mpape in order to survive in the over priced city called Abuja.

It's a pity that the rich has set their eye on Mpape, they won't stop till it's brought down.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by tunes2k10(m): 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2012
Bobajo: Unfortunately, this is the most accurate description of what is happening. Mpape is too close to Maitama to survive. Just like Maroko (now renamed Oniru) was too close to Victoria Island in those days. And to be fair to the FCDA, all the houses in Mpape were built illegally. I know this because my mom in law has/had 2 houses there and she said at the time they bought the land, FCDA told them that Mpape is zoned to be a quarry in the Abuja Masterplan, and that building houses there is at their own risk. Mind you this was over 15 years ago. I really feel for the woman. Nigeria just dont treat citizens who are not rich right. It's unfortunate.

just to correct a notion that has been carried by many, not all houses in Mpape are illegal, agreed the master plan show that Mpape is a quarry site but some people were given approval cos i doubt if funds running into hundreds of million naira will not be commented to a project on illegal land. there are houses in mpape that can match buildings in Maitama and i know of a state house police quarter located in mpape or what do you say of ITV that i broadcasting from Mpape. I agree that the master plan marks mpape as a quarry site (but a friend informed me that building at your own risk clauses was included as a result of hazard that might happen living at such site).

Just wonder why the rich are all of a sudden interested in a rock blasting site a residential area?
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by tunes2k10(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2012
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 17, 2012
tunes2k10:

just to correct a notion that has been carried by many, not all houses in Mpape are illegal, agreed the master plan show that Mpape is a quarry site but some people were given approval cos i doubt if funds running into hundreds of million naira will not be commented to a project on illegal land. there are houses in mpape that can match buildings in Maitama and i know of a state house police quarter located in mpape or what do you say of ITV that i broadcasting from Mpape. I agree that the master plan marks mpape as a quarry site (but a friend informed me that building at your own risk clauses was included as a result of hazard that might happen living at such site).

Just wonder why the rich are all of a sudden interested in a rock blasting site a residential area?

You are right Bro...there are lot of duplexes worth millions of Naira at Mpape especially at GRA after Ajegunle, a rich guy even built a massive duplex on hill behind GrangeHill hotel....Mpape has been built, developed and enlarged by people that the rich suddenly developed interest in taking over everywhere. Since the day I saw bulldozers leveling hills near GrageHill I knew they were coming to take over even BrilaFM, FamilyLoveFM and ITV are not safe....romour has it that Patience Jonathan owns the whole hill...We can't fight them, we have no choice than to vacate, Nigeria has been sold, Abuja has been shared, Nigeria is for the Rich and Influential....Mararaba here I come....Cheers.
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by virus2010(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2012
[quote author=horsetek]Well, no condition is permanent. For the Nairalanders whose houses are affected, If you need accommodation call me on 08186572560, I have two room self contain apartments fenced, located @ kwata close to rafin sayin after madala along suleja road. I will give consideration to AIRALANDERS, if SEUN will approve their eligibility .
Silly Arrow..u obviously av dsame DNA as a monkey...y nt help ursef
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by mikron(m): 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
jiggo: I stay in mpape and dt pixs u saw by d poster was snapped by me...
Well, no 5storey building was brot down, so dt guy talk na scope...they demoloished shops,markets opposite Ecobank...and some people lost some of their goods...methink its a clear signal to us residents that FCDA mean business. I could only take 3snapshots cos dos soldiers went about seizing phones and cameras, and even removing the memory cards.
This is just a pointer to d fact dt ds govt is of d govt, by d govt and for d govt...
This is coming after 3mnths of my rent renewal...
U guys need to see d expression of people's faces today. If u wia to take d BP of mpape residents today, they'd be as close to death as anything.
what do u expect?
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2012
Da-unashamed:
According to a close pal that works at the FCDA,the city has not even attained 25% its original plan. Heard the city was ment to stretch along airport road up to Gwagwalada and on the other side up to Zuba along Suleja road with both sides of the 4-lane roads fully developed and both meeting to become one with the Gwarimpa estate...where I get puzzled is this: with all the massive land yet to be developed, why go demolishing where people habitate? Yeah we know they are sticking to the master plan but cant they just build some estate in the undeveloped area so people that will be affected by the demolishing will have a place to run to before they invite the bulldozers?

@the bolded, in the long run it is still up for demolition. If it should be delayed, it will end up lime Makoko...and you will be the same person asking why they waited for so long........

I wonder why nigerians always build houses/structures without permission from the right authorities; when gov now start to demolish their illegality, they will be quick to mention cruel government. Mtcheew, I tire for u people sef...
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Seun(m): 9:00am On Apr 08, 2013
sad
Re: Demolition On-going In Mpape, Abuja by Bobajo(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Whatever happened to Mpape sef. Was it finally leveled? Does anybody have pictures of the place now? Or any insider info of what happened to the place? See as Government render people homeless and other stories don cover am. Na wa. God help us all

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Portharcourt Duplex With Water Fountain / Niger-nigeria Pipeline: Katsina Landowners Set To Make A Killing / Govt Directs Mortgage Institutions To Process 66,400 Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.