Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Does The Islam Religion Say About Satan? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does The Islam Religion Say About Satan? (2994 Views)

Usermane; Concerning The Islam Section And Censorship / What Does The Star And Half Moon Symbols Signify In The Islam Religion? / *~ Muhsin Voted The Islam For Muslims Section Poster Of The Year*~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: What Does The Islam Religion Say About Satan? by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 17, 2012
The OP: Chater 2 verse 34 of the quran says:
And(remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam." And they prostrated except Iblis (satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allah).

Chapter 7 : 11-18 says,

11. And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being); then We told the angels, "Prostrate yourselves to Adam", and they prostraed themselves, except Iblis (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrated themselves.

12. (Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?" Iblis said: "I am better than him (Adam), You createdme from fire, and him You created from clay."

13. (Allah) said:"(Iblis) get down from this (paradise), it is not for you to be arrogant here. Get out, for you are of those humiliated and disgraced."

14. (Iblis) said: "Allow me respite till the Day they are raised up(i.e r the Day of Ressurection)."

15.(Allah) said : "You are of those respited."

16. (iblis) said: "Because You Have sent me astray, surely. I will sit in wait against them (human beings) on Your straigth path.

17."Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and You will not find most of them as thankful one(ie they will not be dutiful to You)."

18. (Allah ) said(to Iblis):"Get out from this (Paradise), disgraced and expelled.
Whoever of them (Mankind) will follow you, then surely, I will fill Hell with you all."

Hmmm...

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean? / Misconceptions About What Makes A Muslim A Muslim / Islamic Bookshops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.