Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

The Bonds Of Freedom - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Bonds Of Freedom (1536 Views)

This Freedom Sucks / Freedom Behind Bars- A Letter To My Wife From Jail / Poem: The Call Of Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hi guys smiley I'm a new poster in this section. I dig literature something fierce. Love prose, just fell in love with poetry too. Enjoy drama as well. I just love the breath-taking wonders of the world of words.

The following is my a poem I crafted some time ago. It's my baby, so please be nice when you criticize. But I'd like to entertain and be corrected wherever necessary.

Have fun! smiley

The Bonds of Freedom

A sweet kiss
Burns into the soul.
In his arms
She gently trembles.
Where is home
If it's not Him?
Can she breathe
Without his breath?

What a thing
That she can't sleep
If his arms
Cradle her not.
When did bonds
Become such freedom?
Or an arrow
make a heart beat so?

Is this love?
A wolf seeks a leash?
Deep in her eyes
His own being stirs.
He hungers,
But in truth for what?
Is it not
For marvellous bonds?

His heart calls
Her heart rejoices.
For her he yearns,
In him she's free.
Bound to him
She spreads her wings.
One with her
The wolf runs free.

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
NWOKE!!!!

You try. I will still come back to comment,I'm blushing smiley
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ishilove: NWOKE!!!!

You try. I will still come back to comment,I'm blushing smiley

Now, I'm blushing grin
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 11:51pm On Aug 16, 2012
Blush not, it is well grin

A work of art tells a lot about its creator, and what it told me was Subdued Passion. That's the vibe I got when I read your creation. I have a feeling you are a very passionate and sensitive and creative person,capable of so much more if only you will just let go.

So simple,so subdued...sorta like you're testing the waters...

Good attempt,very romantic,but there's room for improvement.

Unleash the power; its in you smiley
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Gloriagee(f): 12:43am On Aug 17, 2012
@ op - The talented Mr Ripley...nice

Are 2 writers Ishi n Ihedinobi permitted to fall in luv re the numerous blushings, hmmm tongue
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Cuddlemii: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2012
Gloriagee: @ op - The talented Mr Ripley...nice

Are 2 writers Ishi n Ihedinobi permitted to fall in luv re the numerous blushings, hmmm tongue

Do not inspire me to dedicate a thread to the two sexy writers cool
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Gloriagee(f): 1:22am On Aug 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Do not inspire me to dedicate a thread to the two sexy writers cool

The chemistry's so thick...u can literally cut with a knife!!! Ah ah
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 2:25am On Aug 17, 2012
*huff* I don't know what you two are going on about angry embarassed grin
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 17, 2012
@Gloriagee and Cuddlemii, .......and the matchmakers roll their tapes and scissors out....... grin Oh God! What is not fun these days? lol Before we know it ni we'll be married off to each other without knowing our parents' names hehehehe

Easy o.......our aunty dem cheesy
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 17, 2012
hmph! angry
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Cuddlemii: 7:45am On Aug 17, 2012
Ihedinobi: @Gloriagee and Cuddlemii, .......and the matchmakers roll their tapes and scissors out....... grin Oh God! What is not fun these days? lol Before we know it ni we'll be married off to each other without knowing our parents' names hehehehe

Easy o.......our aunty dem cheesy

Don't worry loverboy2man, I am planning a getaway haven for both of you. Its called, "kinky Breakfast".
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Cuddlemii: 7:46am On Aug 17, 2012
BoboYekini: hmph! angry

uh oh! its the scorned ex, gotta run!
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

uh oh! its the scorned ex, gotta run!

lol
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Don't worry loverboy2man, I am planning a getaway haven for both of you. Its called, "kinky Breakfast".

See me o abeg, my teeth and nails no de o grin
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Lwkmd!!! cheesy

NL is one wacky place grin

Ihedinobi,what goes around comes around. It is now my turn to be mercilessly teased cheesy
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2012
BoboYekini: hmph! angry
Olowo ori mi, they are lying on my head o sadtongue!!!!
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Cuddlemii: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

See me o abeg, my teeth and nails no de o grin

Dem no fit dey na. Dem dey busy else where. Sha sofly make u no wound. Ishilove is a stunner wink
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2012
Ishilove: Lwkmd!!! cheesy

NL is one wacky place grin

Ihedinobi,what goes around comes around. It is now my turn to be mercilessly teased cheesy
Ishilove:

rotfl......yo somethin else jọọ

Cuddlemii:

Dem no fit dey na. Dem dey busy else where. Sha sofly make u no wound. Ishilove is a stunner wink

you no need to tell me o jare...d tin confirm. But you don see how many nlers wey de go buy pump-action because say una don de fix wedding date for us abi <laugh no fit kill me abeg>
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Thanks,sis, i blusheth smiley
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

rotfl......yo somethin else jọọ

you no need to tell me o jare...d tin confirm. But you don see how many nlers wey de go buy pump-action because say una don de fix wedding date for us abi <laugh no fit kill me abeg>
Wow, wonders upon wonders. Why wasn't i invited for my own wedding?? cheesy tongue
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Ishilove:
Wow, wonders upon wonders. Why wasn't i invited for my own wedding?? cheesy tongue

Ask dem o lol
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ask dem o lol
Lol! cheesy
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 17, 2012
Ishilove: Blush not, it is well grin

A work of art tells a lot about its creator, and what it told me was Subdued Passion. That's the vibe I got when I read your creation. I have a feeling you are a very passionate and sensitive and creative person,capable of so much more if only you will just let go.

So simple,so subdued...sorta like you're testing the waters...

Good attempt,very romantic,but there's room for improvement.

Unleash the power; its in you smiley

Thanks for the first bolded. It's a flattering mix smiley embarassed

I'm sure there's room for improvement, per the second bolded. Just hoped you could show me. Perhaps a brief explanation of the poem will help.

The general feeling is that exclusive relationships are wont to become suffocating. The guy wonders what action he's missing, the girl wonders what better choice she'd lost in taking the guy etc etc. I described what true Love does. How, while it binds two people together, it actually sets them truly free. In a single and simple statement, the piece would be saying, "Love is the bonds of freedom." Love sets you free to be everything you can be with the one that you love. There are no limits. Love is infinity. Breaking out of the bonds of love would mean coming under terrible limitation and nothing coming to real fruition. In Nigerian francais, every go be touch and go, notin go make sense.

So, in the light of that, give me your thoughts on how to bring the meanings more powerfully through. I don't like glaringly obvious though cheesy
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Ishilove: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Thanks for the first bolded. It's a flattering mix smiley embarassed

I'm sure there's room for improvement, per the second bolded. Just hoped you could show me. Perhaps a brief explanation of the poem will help.

The general feeling is that exclusive relationships are wont to become suffocating. The guy wonders what action he's missing, the girl wonders what better choice she'd lost in taking the guy etc etc. I described what true Love does. How, while it binds two people together, it actually sets them truly free. In a single and simple statement, the piece would be saying, "Love is the bonds of freedom." Love sets you free to be everything you can be with the one that you love. There are no limits. Love is infinity. Breaking out of the bonds of love would mean coming under terrible limitation and nothing coming to real fruition. In Nigerian francais, every go be touch and go, notin go make sense.

So, in the light of that, give me your thoughts on how to bring the meanings more powerfully through. I don't like glaringly obvious though cheesy
Wow, all these in a few simple lines Thats why i stick to prose becos poetry is just too restricitive grin

i just had the impression that you were playing safe, is all
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ishilove:
ok, i truss u
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2012
Ishilove:
Wow, all these in a few simple lines Thats why i stick to prose becos poetry is just too restricitive grin

i just had the impression that you were playing safe, is all

Hehehehehehehe..........I used to hate poetry o. But somehow it suits me to a T. grin
Re: The Bonds Of Freedom by Gloriagee(f): 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2012
lol grin

(1) (Reply)

Promise Me Forever / A Sweet Reality. / My Poems...My world...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.