Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. (1684 Views)

The Preacher And The Congregation / Lagos Na Wa: Passengers Push Broken Down BRT Bus [photos] / The Drunk And The Preacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. by hakunajay(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2012
Alright, i know its not funny but the way some people go about preaching the word of God to travellers is kind of wack... I took a bus going to abuja at the E.Ekesons park at mazamaza, Lagos and as the bus was about moving, two make-shift pastors with over-sized COAT OF ARM [i.e those coat that has arm pads instead of shoulder pads] came struggling for who will preach/pray for us passengers. After all said and done, one left the other to handle our bus and walked away to another bus. To cut it all short, we left the park with the pastor squeezed by the door, after his little sermon and long prayers, by then we were almost getting to Cele along Apapa-Oshodi road.
MOG: Now brethren, whatever the Lord has in your mind to give, please do so and God will bless you.
[Pause]
[No response]
MOG: Children of God, give back unto God what He has given unto you, for God loves a cheerful giver. And He will bless you as you support His work.
[Another pause, while scanning our faces, yet no response from anybody]
MOG: Okay FELLOW PASSENGERS [WTF?! Is he going to Abuja with us?!], if you cant support the work of God, then give His servant something to go back to mazamaza, praise the Lord!
[absolute silence just like in the graveyard]
MOG: Chai! I've not seen this kind of passengers in my life! May God bless you as you pay my transport back to mazamaza... Who is the person in this bus whom God has placed it in his mind to help his servant get back to mazamaza?
[I could hear giggles from some girls at the back seat. Then an old woman stretched a note to the man]
MOG: 100 naira? Praise God sha. May God bless you my sister.
[He peeped out of the window]
MOG: We don even pass Oshodi self, driver abeg drop me for here... Na wa o... Abeg driver give me 50naira make i add am go back to mazamaza abeg...

Anyway, not that i despise the word of God but i just dont appreciate the way these so-called pastors now uses the gospel as means of making money. It's so odd...
Re: Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. by chuckdee4(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2012
Wow, in as much as i don't want to laugh, i see your point.
Religion has been so abused by Nigerians, every agbero can now claim to be a pastor
Re: Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. by hakunajay(m): 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2012
Lol... I laughed oh... Cos despite the fact that the bus' AC is on, the pastor was sweating profusely...
Re: Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2012
noted
Re: Stingy Passengers And The Preacher. by mcsnup: 8:14am On Aug 23, 2012
the scripture clearing warn us concern his likes, they are not called of God they are the false prophets, teacher, seers etc that the Lord foretold off. They came to him saying Lord he heal so many in your name, cured the sick, raise the dead so many beautiful thing in ur name and His answer get out ye workers of iniquity, i know ye not. He warn in many words from the new old testament to the new abt then and how to deal with them.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were In My Shoes What Would You Do? / What Is Wrong With This Pictures...? / ASUU Gives Fg Conditions To Call Off Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.