Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver (2797 Views)

Licensed Centos Or Redhat Webserver Software / What Will Be Your Ideal Choice Of Webserver And Control Panel / Buying A Dedicated Webserver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Bigdreams(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2012
Hi friends,

Please I need your help in respect of this error stated below:

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'diamonf6_jml2.jml_session' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `jml_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( 'ecuos6vlo71gtrrhfn4n9ibmc4','1345199937','','0','1','0' )

This error occurred after I transferred my site's database from my localhost to the webserver as I need the site to be online as soon as possible.

Please, how do I go about solving this problem.

Thanks.
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2012
Make a research on http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=517750 stating the error code for the desired solution
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by guru01(m): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2012
First thing is to upload the whole database again and make sure no error occur and the online db is as the phpmyadmin.
Then transfer your website file for localhost to online folder through ftp, folder by folder don't rush the transfer.
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
Iz that not a table prefix i am looking at there. . . . .
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by sarutobi: 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2012
the problem is caused by your table name prefix.

1. Delete the database and create it again

2. Go to your local joomla installation and export the tables in the database using phpmyadmin

3. go to phpmyadmin on the remote server and import this tables into the database.

NOTE:

1. check the configuration file "configuration.php" in the root of your joomla install and make sure the field "database_prefix" correlates with what you have in your tables. eg [tableprefix]_tablename.

2. Another cause of this problem is the fact that when you order a shared hosting, cpanel automatically appends ur username against all ur tables and databases. If theis is so, just edit the database prefix in the configuration.php file to match what has been appended to the table names.

Let us here a feedback

Out.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Bigdreams(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
sarutobi: the problem is caused by your table name prefix.

1. Delete the database and create it again

2. Go to your local joomla installation and export the tables in the database using phpmyadmin

3. go to phpmyadmin on the remote server and import this tables into the database.

NOTE:

1. check the configuration file "configuration.php" in the root of your joomla install and make sure the field "database_prefix" correlates with what you have in your tables. eg [tableprefix]_tablename.

2. Another cause of this problem is the fact that when you order a shared hosting, cpanel automatically appends ur username against all ur tables and databases. If theis is so, just edit the database prefix in the configuration.php file to match what has been appended to the table names.

Let us here a feedback

Out.

Thanks. Your solution put an end to the pain.

Thanks once again!
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
u should thank me too, at least i saw the table prefix first,
i knew it was the problem, but was rushing somewhere so could not finish my post.

thanks sarutobi for clearing up the air

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by yawatide(f): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
I assume you've never heard of Akeeba back up? If not, I would suggest you do your transfer with that.

Good luck!
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by mitey(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
I assume you've never heard of Akeeba back up? If not, I would suggest you do your transfer with that.

Good luck!

Ditto on that. Akeeba backup is so good that I install it on every Joomla site I build. It saves a lot of time and trouble.
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Bigdreams(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Appreciate you guys.
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
u re welcome bro!
Re: Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver by Etecscompanies(m): 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Design and host your own website without touching codes, here we have Joomlia website building videos(for starters to professionals) email us to get a free sample video (ziped in a folder)
Note you can also design the famous"Bulk sms website" with this knowledge (most Bulk sms website are build with Joomlia).
Total cost of video #4500 (you can order for a free video sample
Also available Java tutor videos, photoshop and cs3 graphic videos.

email us : emmanueltechnology15@gmail.com )