Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? (11568 Views)

Post Jobs In Warri Here Please!!!!! / Telecom, It, Computer Jobs In Nigeria / Any Jobs In Oil/Gas Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
With the influx of people to major cities in Nigeria, like Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt, I wonder what the labour market is like there? Do graduates still get what they want or settle for anything? Please share your experiences.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
Bump

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2012
Yes...

Kole Kole..

Toilet Cleaner...

Truck pusher.....

Poff Poff fryer..

Restaurant attendant..

BRB....

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2012
yes there are jobs but majority of vacancies are 4 special candidates who are ministers, senators acquaintances,family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by a1solution: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2012
It depends on what you mean by job, to me its only corporate job (big Man Job) that is scarce if not menial job it’s everywhere. For me every individual can create his or her own job if they think well and drop shame aside.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by ariyebaba(m): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2012
Jobs for graduates ? Its just like someone chasing a shadow. Every companies/govt offices/multinational companies are filled up. The trend in surviving companies is jobs & salaries cuts.

I watched foreign news/tv,from USA to EUROPE,ASIA,MIDDLE EAST,the problem is d same.

After graduation n service,i made my way to Lagos where i picked up a job as a bus driver then to a casual labourer in an indian manufacturing company. I didnt give up,i know am more than that........................ Today, God favour me am an entrepreneur,leading others.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by mtzion: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2012
Yes, there are.
What is more important is finding them. And you may check this site --- www.cvshore.com
There are some nice vacancies there
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Chrisvicmall: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2012
[size=16pt]If You Can't Find One, Create One![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by CeaserB: 10:26am On Aug 25, 2012
seedord247: Yes...

Kole Kole..

Toilet Cleaner...

Truck pusher.....

Poff Poff fryer..

Restaurant attendant..

BRB....

[size=13pt]If You Are An[/size][size=18pt]"O.N.D"[/size][size=16pt](Omo No Dulling) cheesy[/size]
[size=13pt]Anything Goes In LasGidi And Beyond grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by badmrkt(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2012
yap!kidnapping,fruading,looting,armed robbery,yahoo yahoo(igbo tins sha)!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by killuminati(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2012
CeaserB:

[size=13pt]If You Are An[/size][size=18pt]"O.N.D"[/size][size=16pt](Omo No Dulling) cheesy[/size]
[size=13pt]Anything Goes In LasGidi And Beyond grin[/size]
gringringrin
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Kockane(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2012
badmrkt: yap!kidnapping,fruading,looting,armed robbery,yahoo yahoo(igbo tins sha)!!! tongue

Awon omo Igbo grin
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 10:39am On Aug 25, 2012
Nigerian economy isn't run to create jobs for Nigerian graduates , rather billions stolen from the economy creates jobs for Swiss and British graduates when such money is given as loans to companies in these countries for research and jobs creation . Isn't that wonderful ?
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Businesstools(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2012
Considering the fact that every course studied in the Uni or Poly has got one or two human problems to solve,I don't think we should be complaining of unemployment.To the Nigerian graduates,pls stop looking for jobs.Create Jobs!
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Think outside the box. What you actually need is money, not jobs. Dont ask me how to make money without jobs - think deep. Lottery ? Prostitution ? P.i.m.p ? Those are vices, but the fact that you can reason on that, means you can reason the "cool" ways of making money without a job. Property manager ? Real Estate agent ? Franchise license owner and vendor ? renting of lifting order for petroeum products ? Haulage consultant ? I wont tell you more.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by DANILSA(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2012
Motor! Na today? Guy I taught the same some years back, but na lie be that, if u can throw away BIGBOY then Abuja has a lot of menial jobs to do,Big jobs are Everywhere but they are strictly for VIP. Am only telling u from my experience not them say. Abuja is sufferhead for poor men and paradise for Bigmen. U can always try ur luck.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by DANILSA(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Think outside the box. What you actually need is money, not jobs. Dont ask me how to make money without jobs - think deep. Lottery ? Prostitution ? P.i.m.p ? Those are vices, but the fact that you can reason on that, means you can reason the "cool" ways of making money without a job. Property manager ? Real Estate agent ? Franchise license owner and vendor ? renting of lifting order for petroeum products ? Haulage consultant ? I wont tell you more.
Chief consultant can u help me with some? I have a lot of wasted time because my job is seasonal, now am just paid no work need something to pass away time and reward me with cash so I could become a Billyonaira.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by DANILSA(m): 11:08am On Aug 25, 2012
Businesstools: Considering the fact that every course studied in the Uni or Poly has got one or two human problems to solve,I don't think we should be complaining of unemployment.To the Nigerian graduates,pls stop looking for jobs.Create Jobs!
Guy I Believe u, I read one of ur article that really impressed me, last year my Boss had to pay almost 2million for we 6 managers to attend a 1week seminar only to be taught the same thing u wrote here for free. U too much, much respect.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by a1solution: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2012
DANILSA: Chief consultant can u help me with some? I have a lot of wasted time because my job is seasonal, now am just paid no work need something to pass away time and reward me with cash so I could become a Billyonaira.
he didnt say he would give you a job. He said you should think think think and grow rich!
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by DANILSA(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2012
badmrkt: yap!kidnapping,fruading,looting,armed robbery,yahoo yahoo(igbo tins sha)!!! tongue
Guy ur out of ur mind, let me correct u, IGBOS own Kidnapping, HAUSAS own looting while YORUBAS are known worldwide for yahooyahoo, fraud of the highest order, ask Britons. While robbery is shared amongst them.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by olaojo: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2012
......[[With the influx of people to major cities in Nigeria, like Lagos, Abuja and Porthacourt, I wonder what the labour market is like there? Do graduates still get what they want or settle for anything]]

OP, since you know what they want is no longer in lagos , Abuja or Phc then tell them where their wants are , why talking as if there are vacancies wasting anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by chucky234(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2012
Billyonaire: Think outside the box. What you actually need is money, not jobs. Dont ask me how to make money without jobs - think deep. Lottery ? Prostitution ? P.i.m.p ? Those are vices, but the fact that you can reason on that, means you can reason the "cool" ways of making money without a job. Property manager ? Real Estate agent ? Franchise license owner and vendor ? renting of lifting order for petroeum products ? Haulage consultant ? I wont tell you more.
Another Paul Mason on NL teaching us how to eat the fatest frog,too bad because of the jobs you mentioned are certainly not for the average man on the street.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 25, 2012
chucky234: Another Paul Mason on NL teaching us how to eat the fatest frog,too bad because of the jobs you mentioned are certainly not for the average man on the street.
Hahahahahaha this guy na wa o. Dont be a pessimist. What you need to make money isnt a regular job. Its rare to become a billionaire from regular 9-5 jobs. Think and Grow rich.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2012
DANILSA: Chief consultant can u help me with some? I have a lot of wasted time because my job is seasonal, now am just paid no work need something to pass away time and reward me with cash so I could become a Billyonaira.
Let me give you an insight. Look for a brand, a very popular brand that does not exist in Nigeria but is used by Nigerians. Lets say for example, Apple or Louis Vitton; Register a company with CAC, and contact the parent company seeking franchise. Talk to them professionally and get their requirements for franchise. When you have that franchise, that is millions in your hand. Dont ask me how you can make money with a franchise certificate in your hands. Think and Grow Rich, I made my first 1 million with just an idea. And I have millions of ideas incubated in this brain of mine.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by donvinchi: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2012

Guy wisen up. What's up with dis tribal statement of urs.you must be a coward.

1 Like

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Businesstools(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2012
DANILSA: Guy I Believe u, I read one of ur article that really impressed me, last year my Boss had to pay almost 2million for we 6 managers to attend a 1week seminar only to be taught the same thing u wrote here for free. U too much, much respect.
Thanks.Nigerians have this phobia for taking business risks and entrepreneurship is about taking risks.What keeps baffling me is that some of these youths who are afraid of failures are ready to risk jail or even their lives.The worst that can happen to you in business is losing all your investment.With adequate planning,this loss can be reduced to the barest minimum.I hear a lot of people complain of not having enough capital to start out on their own.There are a lot of businesses out there that you can start with less than ten thousand naira.What determines your success in any venture is passion.Never invest your time and money in any business you do not enjoy doing.It will eventually collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
Oil&gas job>>>>first class and hot 2.1s!!!
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
Businesstools: Thanks.Nigerians have this phobia for taking business risks and entrepreneurship is about taking risks.What keeps baffling me is that some of these youths who are afraid of failures are ready to risk jail or even their lives.The worst that can happen to you in business is losing all your investment.With adequate planning,this loss can be reduced to the barest minimum.I hear a lot of people complain of not having enough capital to start out on their own.There are a lot of businesses out there that you can start with less than ten thousand naira.What determines your success in any venture is passion.Never invest your time and money in any business you do not enjoy doing.It will eventually collapse.

name them please. I appreciate you advice
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Charlesnerd: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
@ Poster

There are still jobs in Nigeria,even as I type this.The challenge is that most young graduates all wish to get paid employment with the big multinationals and oil companies while neglecting the obvious fact that competition for such positions are stiff and only 1 in 100 (to be conservative) applicants are likely to get such jobs on merit while the rest would be employed based on community (especially Oil coys), insider and social connections .This situation also narrows down the opportunities for young graduates to be employed on merit.
My advice to graduates is :do not neglect little paying jobs,as long as its in the line of your chosen career,but while you are on it,develop yourself by getting additional qualifications like masters,ICAN ,CISA or any other relevant qualification that can boost your employability. Also to those that are still in school,take your industrial training (IT) seriously ;all these little things might be all you need to get that big Job in the future.

For those who are unaware,Power industry is the next "Telecom" in Nigeria and the first to be employed in the power sector after full privatisation and liberalisation would be the biggest beneficiaries.I would advise young graduates to sharpen their skills and prepare for jobs in the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by Businesstools(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2012
splendidb20:

name them please. I appreciate you advice
Scan your environment for human problems that you can solve.Production of goods can be a bit expensive but rendering of services could cost you nothing or close to it.Besides,if you have got novel ideas,others who have money but no ideas will be more than willing to invest,provided you are able to convince them in your business plan,beyond reasonable doubts that your idea is going to be a profitable one.
Re: Are There Still Jobs In Nigeria? by DANILSA(m): 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2012
a1solution: he didnt say he would give you a job. He said you should think think think and grow rich!
I have a Gud Job in Abuja mind U, I was just ironically telling him it's easier said than Done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kennedia Consulting Limited Job Interview / How Much Does Ecowas Commission Pay ? / Powell Global Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.