Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,084 members, 7,849,400 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Nelson Mandela's Grand Son Kicks Second Wife Out Of Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nelson Mandela's Grand Son Kicks Second Wife Out Of Home (523 Views)

Tambuwal Weds Mairo-Mustapha As Second Wife In Kano / James Ibori Marries Senami Sosu As Second Wife? - The Capital / Obj To Produce His Grand Son's New Album ( See Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela's Grand Son Kicks Second Wife Out Of Home by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2012
Nelson Mandela’s grandson and
political heir has banished his
wife from their home after he
discovered she had given birth to
his brother’s baby.
Mandla Mandela, 38, was accused
of bigamy when he married
teenager Anais Grimaud while
still married to his first wife.
Now, following weeks of media
speculation that their marriage
had ended amid blazing rows,
Mr Mandela has confirmed that
his wife had an affair with his
brother.
“The Mandela family has sent my wife Nkosikazi Nobubele Mandela (nee Anais
Grimaud) back to her home after it was discovered she has been having an affair
with one of my brothers”, he said.
“I confirm this affair resulted in a son that Nkosikazi Nobubele gave birth to in
The cuckold scandal is just the latest in a series of controversies involving Mandla
Mandela, whom Nelson Mandela anointed as his political heir.
As well as being a South African MP, Mandla Mandela is a chief in the important
Thembu tribe and handles much of his grandfather’s legacy.
As grandson of the universally respected 94-year-old he is also the public face of
the Mandela family.
He married his first wife, Tanda Mabunu-Mandela, at a traditional ceremony in
Six years later he married Miss Grimaud, who is from the island of Reunion, a
French overseas territory in the Indian Ocean.
On marriage she took the tribal name Nkosikazi Nobubele Mandela.
The couple’s son was born in September last year and was named Qheya by Nelson
Mandela himself.
The marriage was marred by the fact Mandla remained officially married to his
first wife.
Ms Mabunu-Mandela fought the Grimaud marriage in the law courts and it was last
year declared unlawful.
In a statement released this week, Mandla Mandela said DNA tests confirmed
that the boy was not his son but he did not identify which of his two brothers
was responsible.
“The revelation of this affair has come as a shock to me and the rest of my family,”
the statement reads.
“It has been made more painful because it is my own brother who is at the centre
of the crisis.”
Earlier this year Mandla Mandela was forced to deny selling exclusive rights to film
the anti-apartheid icon's funeral for around £250,000.
Mandla's first wife Thando claimed that the tribal chieftain was alleged to have cut
a deal with the South African Broadcasting Corporation in conjunction with the BBC.
He had also attracted criticism for ordering that the bodies of three of the former
president's children be exhumed from their home village of Qunu and reburied in
the nearby hamlet of Mvezo where he is a chief.
Mandla's motive, said his critics, was to ensure that the former president be buried
in the remote Eastern Cape town: something that is sure to act as a lure for big-
spending tourists.

Source: nigeria newsnow
Re: Nelson Mandela's Grand Son Kicks Second Wife Out Of Home by floriana(m): 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2012
Mandela, Zuma and most south Africa men are mentally tough but their loins is their weakness.

1 Like

Re: Nelson Mandela's Grand Son Kicks Second Wife Out Of Home by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
floriana: Mandela, Zuma and most south Africa men are mentally tough but their loins is their weakness.

I don't know of the mentally tough part.

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu Illness Have Any Thing To Do With Recent Oil Discovery In SE? / Does This Picture Portray Nigeria / Jonathan Goodluck, The Best President In The History Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.