Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Official: Manchester United Completes Robin Van Persie's Signing Officially - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official: Manchester United Completes Robin Van Persie's Signing Officially (2820 Views)

Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Robin Van Persie Named PFA Player Of The Year / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official: Manchester United Completes Robin Van Persie's Signing Officially by Adanyebe(m): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2012
The club confirmed the acquisition of the 29-year-old striker on Friday morning after the Netherlands international completed a medical on Thursday night.

Van Persie will go straight into the United squad for their Premier League opener away to Everton on Monday night.

"Robin is a world-class striker with a proven record in England and in European football," manager Sir Alex Ferguson said in a press conference.

"His talents need no introduction to our fans – he has scored a number of goals against us in some classic battles with his former club. His movement, finishing and all-round ability are outstanding."

The new Red Devils striker, who scored 30 top flight goals last season, spoke of his delight in putting pen to paper at Old Trafford and is ready to kick off the campaign with his new club.

"It's an honour to sign for Manchester United," said Van Persie.

"I am looking forward to following in the footsteps of so many great strikers, bringing my experience and playing my part to help the team compete for the biggest trophies in the game. I can't wait to get started."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/08/17/3313072/official-manchester-united-complete-robin-van-persie-signing

Re: Official: Manchester United Completes Robin Van Persie's Signing Officially by Henry40: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
I heard Fergie's told Berba to get a half of his butt off the bench to make room for you. What sort of captain of a Champions' League Club would trade his armband for buttspace?

I think there's something about Arsenal's armband. Anyone who ever touched it instantly became a star, only to leave. Why? Or maybe there's something wrong with Arsenal. Their key players are hardly ever loyal.

(1) (Reply)

This Has To Stop! / Tottenham Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 28th November 2012 / Mourinho: Barcelona Bribe Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.