Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,149 members, 7,835,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Music: A Time Capsule - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music: A Time Capsule (460 Views)

I Love Music....a Lot. / Should I Give Music A Shot / Classical Music, A Music For Organised Mind: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Music: A Time Capsule by Enitsua(m): 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2012
I remember once during my teenage years, I was standing in my compound looking more critically at things like I just ate the biblical forbidden fruit in the middle of the garden, my attention was held on by a very colourful bird, with gorgeous wings, apart from Lisa Marie (my primary school crush) I had never seen such beauty until that moment, sadly my attention did not last up to 4 seconds when the bird flew away, in a surge of reflex impulse I stretched my hand out as if to pause or rewind the bird back to its previous position and then I realised that I was not watching a movie, this was real life and unfortunately life doesn’t come with a rewind button.

Even in the face of this harsh reality, certain things give us the opportunity to go back in time, not in reality per se but at least psychologically, MUSIC is a perfect example of one of these things. Music has the ability to make you feel certain emotions, which are peculiar to a time in your life. Some times are sad, some exciting, while some are so exhilarating you would like to hold on and never let go, I guess that’s why music is said to be the fruit of the soul.
I am of course not left out in this time travel experience, as I have a number of songs that take me way back in time.

Ignition by R Kelly, believe it or not my very first crush was with a girl in this music video, I have always been attracted to things I most probably cannot get, this song takes me back to a time when I could simply admire, with no taught of wooing, chyking or sex, just plain and simple admiration.

There was this other song can’t remember its name nor its Artist, but it was a world cup song done by a Nigerian, it goes something like this ‘’Kano wankwo….i say the man e carry the ball e go to number 1, e pass d guy, e pass to taribo, taribo to okocha, okocha to finidi, finidi to Agali, Agali to olise and olise to the net e yo yo’’ though it was not an average quality song but its lyrics together with the surrounding nostalgia directly related to the world cup at that time, takes me back to this same moment.

Jailer by Asa, is another song, which takes me back to the time I was in lagos in my uncles home experiencing the finer things of life, sipping champagne, going on shopping sprees in the famous Shop rite mall, I swore that I would be back to make it big in Lagos just like my uncle. Yeah I refused to be imprisoned by Mr or Mrs Jailer (politicians).

Last but not the least is ‘I love the way you lie’ by Rihanna ft. Eminem, this is one song that, makes me feel a sense of pity and somewhat regret, this song was the song playing on my X girlfriends phone when I told her to reduce the volume while I gave her the ‘it’s not you it’s me speech’ (break up speech), coincidentally I listened to the same song all morning, while summing up courage to break up with her, she cried to a pulp after the incident, and this made me feel like a terrible person, although we remain best of friends till date, I would maybe change things if I could somehow go back in time to that date sadly music can’t do that only a time machine can at least that’s what they say.

I still have number of songs that take make me go back in time, but for now I want to hear yours and which country, incident or moment in time your song took you to…

(1) (Reply)

Download This If You Really Wanna Bump To A Nice Tune...really Hawwwt Tune / OVER - Youtube Music Video / Omg.....dance! Dance!! Dance!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.