Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,623 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:36 PM

FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others (10180 Views)

DPR Suspends Import Permits Of Capital Oil, Sahara & Folawiyo / #FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Reference(m): 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
slimdiggi: Waiting for what Adenuga will do...

GLO strike ?? grin
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Emilo(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
How come Zenon and Oando have not been listed. No one should tell me that Otedola and co. are not part of all this.....
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by chucky234(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
Over the years all we hear is indicted indicted indicted,the word "indicted" has since become a national anthem among Nigerians.
When is the FG going to adopt "prosecuted" as their new slogan?
Clueless people running a clueless govt,shame shame shame.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by escobar07(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Another action movie with no bozz(villian). everybody is a winner here
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by dmainboss: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2012
And you would have thought Nigerians where really interested in the fight against corruption. The posts already on this thread and some others before this proves Nigerians are not interested in the government fighting corruption. They are just posting for posting sake or they are just critisizing because its not their own person that's in power.

Any genuine group of people who really want to see the government fight corruption will applaud this announcement and use it as a tool to fight the criminal establishments that have held us to ransom for so long. But Nigerians actually are corrupt themselves so they will even defend these indicted oil marketers. Just watch this thread and you will call me a prophet at the end. Many of them even support the electricity workers strike against the FG and they will come back and tell you they want 24hrs power. Tell me Nigerians aint getting what they deserve and I will call you a liar.

1 Like

Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by AZeD1(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
dedeike:
I align with this position. The publication of these names or the prosecution of the cabal,though laudable, is not exactly the solution to the problem.
Subsidy removal is the only way forward. Close this window of corruption called subsidy. Once it's closed, only genuine importers will engage in the business of importation.
Private individuals will then go into building refineries. When private refineries are built, prices will come down and importation will end.
There will be massive employment in the refineries and competition will make the masses king.
Dude you have no idea of what you are talking about
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by taharqa: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2012
1025: jonathan and his administration can be charged for abuse of this word INDICT.
practically everybody in nigeria has been indicted by jonathan and his govt.
senator ndume was indicted for his role in boko haram and today he is in far away saudi arabia enjoying himself and will be still come back to continue fromwhere he stopped all with tax payers'money.
What is d problem wit sm of u guys atimes. Is it d FG dat gave him bail or d courts
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by kjhova(m): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
@Bukkyade I am quite sure you are aware of the so many "indictments" since our new found democracy. From 1999 till date, we have indicted state governors, CEOs, business entities, all sorts; hell, we even indicted a sitting Vice President!! The courts always throw such cases out as indictment is "guilty before proven innocent". The act of indicting is such that should be a logical outcome of proper investigations. Not the other way round.

BTW, any investigation which indicts fuel importers yet somehow manage to exempt government officials in PPPRA, DPR, NNPC, CBN, MoF, DMO, NPA etc is a fraud ab initio. This govt is only pulling wool over the eyes of the uninformed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by kjhova(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
To all posters clamouring for petrol subsidy removal, let me share your viewpoint on 1 condition; that we remove corruption too!

So long as the system is still corrupt, you will be worse off with subsidy removal.

#Proof 1: who will grant the allocation/licences for the new refineries? FGN.

#Proof 2: who will still import our fuel requirements in the immediate aftermath of the subsidy removal? The cabal.

#Proof 3: who are likely to still benefit from refinery licences under a corrupt system? The cabal

#Proof 4: what is the incentive for a corrupt govt to entrench the cabal in local refining? Such govt gets to pick lucrative illegal rentals.
#Proof 5: what will be the fate of you and I under a corrupt local refining setting?
Poor production methods & low competition will keep pump price of petrol above N200/L

That's all folks!

1 Like

Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by flexdee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
The best thing now is to revoke their licenses until they have their names cleared cos they have breached the contractual agreement between them and d FG and they should face the full wrath of d law for their misdeeds if found guilty.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by taharqa: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2012
kj_hova: To all posters clamouring for petrol subsidy removal, let me share your viewpoint on 1 condition; that we remove corruption too!

So long as the system is still corrupt, you will be worse off with subsidy removal.

#Proof 2: who will still import our fuel requirements in the immediate aftermath of the subsidy removal? The cabal.

#Proof 3: who are likely to still benefit from refinery licences under a corrupt system? The cabal

#Proof 4: what is the incentive for a corrupt govt to entrench the cabal in local refining? Such govt gets to pick lucrative illegal rentals.
#Proof 5: what will be the fate of you and I under a corrupt local refining setting?
Poor production methods & low competition will keep pump price of petrol above N200/L

That's all folks!
Guy you overstate things. You do not yet appreciate d power of Demand and Supply in a competitive environment; you think dat oda coun3s re not also corrupt? Remove d Subsidy completely and see efficiency increase across board, waste and corruptn reducd at least as regards public funds... Anyways, I agree dat we got to do smthings bout corruptn, esp d Rule of Law but dont overstate things(i do not bliv Subsidy is removd yet till sm things are done but eventuali it is in our interest to totali remove it)
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2012
Why is everything about this country about holding certain group of people hostage especially the masses?the FG has gat to stand up against this 'GROUP'
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by werepeLeri: 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2012
1025: jonathan and his administration can be charged for abuse of this word INDICT.
practically everybody in nigeria has been indicted by jonathan and his govt.
senator ndume was indicted for his role in boko haram and today he is in far away saudi arabia enjoying himself and will be still come back to continue fromwhere he stopped all with tax payers'money.

What is the meaning of this?
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Zutchy: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
kj_hova: To all posters clamouring for petrol subsidy removal, let me share your viewpoint on 1 condition; that we remove corruption too!

That's all folks!
I beg to differ with you,you are being overly pessimistic,removal of fuel subsidy totally,is the way forward for Nigeria,let that sector be privatized and efficiency will come in because competition will come into play,all these trillions that the importers of petroleum products have made let them use it and build refineries and the price of fuel will come down with time,and indicting these companies is a positive development,but they also have to catch all the civil servants that participated and made billions from this thefts because it was a joint venture,there is no way it could have happened without both parties collaborating together.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Mandelaguy(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
dedeike:
I align with this position. The publication of these names or the prosecution of the cabal,though laudable, is not exactly the solution to the problem.
Subsidy removal is the only way forward. Close this window of corruption called subsidy. Once it's closed, only genuine importers will engage in the business of importation.
Private individuals will then go into building refineries. When private refineries are built, prices will come down and importation will end.
There will be massive employment in the refineries and competition will make the masses king.
Right on track. There should be total subsidy removal,Atleast,that avenue of corruption will be closed. Then prosecute the offenders and get all this done with.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Mandelaguy(m): 4:32pm On Aug 18, 2012

That's all folks!
Wrong assumptions. You will soon be proven wrong like your cohorts. First,there will be no subsidy payments to breed stealing. 2. There will be fairness,competition and investments in the oil sector. 3.you can even own a refinery if you are qualified and capable.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by takedat(m): 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2012
nigerian's already knew those involved in this scam before now,so there is noting special about this indictment when we all kow they wont be prosecuted.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Bukkyade: 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2012
kj_hova: @Bukkyade I am quite sure you are aware of the so many "indictments" since our new found democracy. From 1999 till date, we have indicted state governors, CEOs, business entities, all sorts; hell, we even indicted a sitting Vice President!! The courts always throw such cases out as indictment is "guilty before proven innocent". The act of indicting is such that should be a logical outcome of proper investigations. Not the other way round.

BTW, any investigation which indicts fuel importers yet somehow manage to exempt government officials in PPPRA, DPR, NNPC, CBN, MoF, DMO, NPA etc is a fraud ab initio. This govt is only pulling wool over the eyes of the uninformed.
I know of so many indictments which led to trial. Tafa Balogun, former IGP, was indicted for 9 billion police funds, charged to court and finally convicted. Alamiesigha was indicted, charged and convicted. Cecilia Ibru was indicted, charged and convicted. Olabode George was indicted, charged and convicted. Over 18 ex governors have been indicted, facing trial and may be convicted.
Former senate president Wabara was indicted and charged but not convicted. Former speaker Bankole was indicted, charged but escaped conviction through his lawyers in court.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by takedat(m): 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
flexdee: The best thing now is to revoke their licenses until they have their names cleared cos they have breached the contractual agreement between them and d FG and they should face the full wrath of d law for their misdeeds if found guilty.
have you been to apapa before?those guys control all the jetties and oil farm there.so it will be difficult for to govt revoke their licences cos they control d industry
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by dougivilla(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
bakila:
Naming criminals is publicity stunt. The Job of most importantly is to prosecute, convict and get back stolen funds.
lets face it. Gej's administration is trying. Which other has dared to treatd this path. Even naming them alone is a big step in d right direction. Lets suport the gov't to progress. Before it was name them, now naming them is a publicity stunt. Naija, na wa oh!
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Elueme: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2012
I don't understand what Nigerians want anymore.. Our refusal to make some interim sacrifices on subsidy removal is what is causing all these.. The best the govt can do is exactly what they're doing and if i can remember, we clamoured for the names of the indicted to be made public..For now, they can only indict, it ll be left for other agencies to do their own part on prosecution, so far nobody is guilty until a competent law court says so ... What woud have been the best for our system is a complete subsidy removal though it will come with initial hardship which may not be so long depending how govt manages the situation but the opportunities it would offer would have been enormous.....
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by dougivilla(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2012
bakila:
Naming criminals is publicity stunt. The Job of most importantly is to prosecute, convict and get back stolen funds.
lets face it. Gej's administration is trying. Which other has dared to treatd this path. Even naming them alone is a big step in d right direction. Lets suport the gov't to progress. Before it was name them, now naming them is a publicity stunt. Naija, na wa oh!!!
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Htown64(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
nonen: The governments proposal on resolving the issues shows that the government cant get us anywhere fighting financial crimes. The government, as a whole, is a criminal organization.
Gospel truth!
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Zutchy: 8:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
Elueme: I don't understand what Nigerians want anymore.. Our refusal to make some interim sacrifices on subsidy removal is what is causing all these.. The best the govt can do is exactly what they're doing and if i can remember, we clamoured for the names of the indicted to be made public..For now, they can only indict, it ll be left for other agencies to do their own part on prosecution, so far nobody is guilty until a competent law court says so ... What woud have been the best for our system is a complete subsidy removal though it will come with initial hardship which may not be so long depending how govt manages the situation but the opportunities it would offer would have been enormous.....
The problem with Nigerians is that we expect everything to be done for us by the govt and so there is a reluctance to get up and get things done by ourselves yet we celebrate the few Nigerians who have gotten up to take the bull by the horn and invest in this country and they are reaping the fruits of their risk and hardwork,if only we will agree to make interim sacrifices so that our future and those of our coming generations will be better,Get RID of fuel subsidy so that the oil sector will grow and actually become the blessing that it is supposed to be for us.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by bigmaut: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
That is d evil effects of capitalism-businessesof d few,by d few,for d few benefits only cry cry cry
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by uncleb(m): 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
dmainboss:

I thought some of you used to shout name them! Name them! Name them! They have named them now, why are you complaining again? Na wa oh!

U get common sense at at all?

Wetin we won take d names do if FG refuses to prosecute and jail them to serve as a deterrent?
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by kjhova(m): 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2012
To those who say removal of subsidy would create demand-supply trends which will take care of things on its own, its like saying if OBJ had blocked MTN & co from GSM licenses and instead sold it to himself, IBB & Danjuma, the result would still be same as today! I'll put this down to delusion, sorry.

For all I know, Ahmadu Alli was chairman of PPPRA during the period of most of this scam. He was immediate past PDP chairman then. He oversaw this agency through the period of Yar Adua & GEJ's electoral victories. In fact, subsidy payment soared above the N1Tr mark for the 1st time after GEJ won his election.

Most of the scam was passed through NNPC of course and it's an open secret in the industry that it was a PDP elections slush fund affair.

Any government that cannot prosecute law breakers is either too weak or too involved in law breaking.
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by Okukk(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
we know about all these, what more can be said about the indictment thing? but Nigerians are watching
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by sleekdot(m): 12:37am On Aug 19, 2012
Story story.

So what are we going to do with them?
Re: FG Indicts Conoil, MRS, Capital Oil, 18 Others by iykak47: 5:36am On Aug 19, 2012
uncleb:

U get common sense at at all?

Wetin we won take d names do if FG refuses to prosecute and jail them to serve as a deterrent?
Its you that have no common sense, if a criminal is brought to court and the judge refuses to send him to jail, who do you blame? Perhaps GEJ, only the court can jail an offender not the executive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election / MEND Calls-Off Planned Attack On Muslims, Mosques / Kogi Assembly Fire: Dangote Denies Involvement As Probe Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.