Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance (3185 Views)

Corper Emeka Saves His N217,800 Allowance, Shares Pics As He Passes Out Today / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k / NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance by Adrianpastol(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2012
NYSC SEIZED MY CERTIFICATE AND ALLOWANCE

I just got this LETTER TO THE NYSC DIRECTOR GENERAL and I think the world should see it, We have to come to the aid of these corpers.
..........................................................................................................................................
17th, Aug. 2012

The Director General,

National Youths Service Corps (NYSC)

THROUGH

The State Coordinator,

National Youths Service Corps (NYSC)

Lagos State,

Babs Animashun,

Surulere- Lagos.

Sir,

NYSC WITH-HELD CERTIFICATES AND UN-PAID ALLOWANCE OVER FAKE RELOCATION

It is with disturbed hearts that we write to your good office as our Father, making an appeal for your intervention.

We are corps members of the NYSC 2011 batch B that passed out on the 14th of June 2011 but were refused our certificates. While thousands of our mates celebrated, over 300 of us were sent back to the secretariat to collect our certificates, but sadly, till date it is yet to be released to us along with several months of un-paid allowances.

This episode started in the Months of April/May when over one thousand corps members (including from among the present batch C) were all called to face a disciplinary committee, stating upon our arrival that our relocations were fake and wrongly processed because we had influenced it. (Over one thousand of us) they said reports of the committee will be taken to Abuja and later resolved and we were hopeful that it was to be before our passing-out-parade.

It’s been two months now and our certificates along with several months of unpaid allowances is yet to be given to us; no extensions were given, no disciplinary measure clearly stated. All we were told and are still been told is that they will release them soon. It’s been over 2months now.

OUR STAND

We do not wish to argue over the long process of our relocations and the due process of our acceptance which we under-went for weeks both in our originally deployed states and here in Lagos respectively.

Signing in and out, Registration online, allocation of state codes, allocation of PPA, community development service etc.

But we boldly accept with logical reasoning that YES possibly, most of our relocations were influenced as rightly claimed, either with money, influence, prayer etc.

And now our lives are on-hold, a new batch B has even come-in to replace us and we are not sure if we are to address ourselves as corps members.

Sir if this was our punishment; we beg that we have been punished enough.

OUR REQUEST

Two months with no direction is a long time in a developing youth’s life and some of us are being pushed in the wrong direction. We can’t go in search for jobs, we can’t go back to our residential states, and we have no money to even keep asking questions, behold we are in a state of confusion and all we hear is that we will be attended to soon.

As it stands we have already lost the right to be called fresh graduates and with it the opportunities attached to it; few of us that were retained at our places of primary assignments are now been questioned over the inability to produce our certificates

We apologize for any misconstruction our actions may have caused and hope that our present predicament may serve as enough punishment. We request only two things that are our rights

1. That our DG please considers our sufferings and releases our certificates to enables we continue with our lives.

2. That our unpaid allowances be released to us.

We would appreciate it Daddy if you do well to intercede on our behalf using your good office and we already show sincere gratitude in anticipation of the results it can yield.

Yours Sincerely,

Affected NYSC 2011 Batch B Corps Members

Attach to this letter is a list of signatories from some of us as evidence of our claim.

Please this list should not be used for anything negative or treated as individuals as it carries the vote of all concerned.
...............................................................................................................................................
Sorry I couldd not add the signatories bt they are over a hundred in number as they are over 300 involved. Please DG Sir, do release their certificates and letb them move on with their lives.
for more log on to AdrianPastol..com

1 Like

Re: Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance by misterrex: 11:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
God bless you real good for this!
Re: Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance by Bright2(m): 5:50am On Aug 23, 2012
Letter to the DG? That army man don't take nonsens.e oo,better be careful. Any way i pray God should touch his heart.
Re: Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance by ponana(m): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2012
Nice one...keep us posted on the outcome of the letter.
Re: Nysc Seized My Certificate And Allowance by ponana(m): 12:18am On Sep 08, 2012
any update?

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Allawee (allawee Update) / What Soldier Men Do With Our Girls In Camp / Nysc 2016 Batch B Posted To Benue State..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.