Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Tips For Fresh Breath - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips For Fresh Breath (14672 Views)

Doctor Disappears After Going Outside For Fresh Air (Photo) / Cure For Halitosis (bad Breath/mouth Odour) / Daily Oral Routine For Fresh Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by mafioso47(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
binger: Nice tips. And i will also add,do not skip ur breakfasts,ie eat in d morning b4 leaving 4 work. Also,try and breath in thru ur mouth occasionally.Reason is,air reduces d bacterial activity in ur oral cavity thus preventing bad breath.
Its only advisable to breathe with yur mouth wen you are sure of τ̣̣ђё purity of τ̣̣ђё air around τ̣̣ђё environment... Drinking water Regularly goes a Long way
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Krucifax(m): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
Folks one of the biggest causes of bad breath is plaque.That whitish stuff u find at the base of your teeth. It's caused by accumulated bacteria. Unfortunately after a long time most of it can only be removed with dental tools. Meaning a trip to your dentist.
Even if you brush your teeth 100 times a day,your breath will go stale again in a very short period.

I'm sure many here have found after brushing and using mouthwash,their breath goes foul again in a few hours. 9 times out of 10.The smell is coming from the bacterial plaque at the base of your teeth.

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Josephnice: 10:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
i'm most confuse of the difference between baking soda and baking powder. You'll find baking soda in retail shops but not baking soda. Where can this be found
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by dominique(f): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Josephnice:
i'm most confuse of the difference between baking soda and baking powder. You'll find baking soda in retail shops but not baking soda. Where can this be found

last i checked, they were one and the same (i stand to be corrected tho) have you checked where baking materials are sold?
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by MMJ(m): 11:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
grin grin
Josephnice:

Wrong lane. Ebi like say you don drink
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by phreakabit(m): 11:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
Just use Tea water to rinse after brushing.. . Works like magic.

dominique:

last i checked, they were one and the same (i stand to be corrected tho) have you checked where baking materials are sold?

Honestly, they are quite different. One is Bicarbonate of soda, while the other is baking powder. . . The former, used with hydrogen peroxide induces a whitening effect on the teeth.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Armaniswiz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
3. Please do not use baby soft brush as an adult, it wont scrub off the bacteria entirely, rather use hard bristle brush. Yes u might see few traces of blood, its ok in as much as you are ar not bleeding profusely.

Great post and tips no doubt, but i beg to disgree with No 3 tip. Medium and hard-bristled brushes could actually damage the gums, root surface, and protective tooth enamel. Hard bristles doesn't guarantee a whiter or cleaner teeth, denstists wld recommend a soft-bristles anyday. jst my take

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Josephnice: 12:30am On Aug 22, 2012
MMJ: grin grin

MMJ: grin grin

[quote author=MMJ] grin grin

which lane u come dey na you wen e never drink?
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Josephnice: 12:35am On Aug 22, 2012
phreakabit: Just use Tea water to rinse after brushing.. . Works like magic.

Honestly, they are quite different. One is Bicarbonate of soda, while the other is baking powder. . . The former, used with hydrogen peroxide induces a whitening effect on the teeth.

where can baking soda be sold. I looked for it sometimes, just couldn't find but rather presented baking powder instead
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by sashaa(f): 12:37am On Aug 22, 2012
sweetcocoa: OP you well so? Brush throat that leads to ear ke?
me sef taya o. Which throat dey lead to ear?
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by olaayodele(m): 4:02am On Aug 22, 2012
The Holy Bible makes us to understand that out of the abundant of heart the mouth speaketh.God shall judge every idle word that comes out our mind.What will you benefit from suggesting that iron sponge should be used to brush human teeth?Repent,the kingdom of God is near.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 22, 2012
olaayodele: The Holy Bible makes us to understand that out of the abundant of heart the mouth speaketh.God shall judge every idle word that comes out our mind.What will you benefit from suggesting that iron sponge should be used to brush human teeth?Repent,the kingdom of God is near.
LMFAO, bro. this is a networking site. doubt if any1 will listen. whoever uses that actually lacks common sense

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by F00028: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2012
Nasri100: 5. I thought taking Raw garlic are good for the health?
good for health, bad for breath. everything has a down side
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by gulfer: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2012
Nasri100: 5. I thought taking Raw garlic are good for the health?
F00028:
good for health, bad for breath. everything has a down side
Choose on; HEALTH or Breath?
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by gulfer: 9:14am On Aug 22, 2012
I don't know why no one has considered this guy all this while....... grin grin grin grin best way to keep the breath fresh; Morning fresh all the way!

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by shilling(f): 10:02am On Aug 22, 2012
Gargle a 2:1 ratio solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by phreakabit(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2012
Josephnice:

where can baking soda be sold. I looked for it sometimes, just couldn't find but rather presented baking powder instead

Ask for bicarbonate soda or sodium bicarbonate from baking item dealers .
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by gabpaul: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2012
guys to crown it all u can use vim and iron sponge to make it perfect...goodluck & scrub wisely to avoid bleeding grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Josephnice: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=phreakabit]

Ask for bicarbonate soda or sodium bicarbonate from baking item dealers .
Thanks
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by benjikahndo(m): 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
Charcoal&sand is best any dude can run to..
Did i ever mentioned that my great grand papa never complained of bad breath?
plus their love-making is the most awesome with those teeth..lol
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Ninilowo(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
jevic: Nice tips. But have not heard about the Hydrogen Peroxide thing. I will give it a trial. Hope it won't have any side effect?
To prevent the side effect(s), trim away the SIDE of the bottle. grin
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by suhailinter: 6:42am On Aug 23, 2012
chew gum is the best for the mouth exercise and also for breath... smiley
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2012
berem: Op u forgot to mention using iron sponch and hypo bleach! Dat one better pass! grin
.HaHa.lmao...if u try dis tip people go dey use sunglases take look ur sparkling white teeth as u dey lie down inside coffin.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by sholastewart(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2012
Help! Solutions to Bad breath that are cause by sinusitis.Help! Solutions to Bad breath that are cause by sinus.Help! Solutions to Bad breath that are cause by sinusitis
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by sholastewart(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
Help! Solutions to Bad breath that are cause by Sinusitis.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Mentaremix(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2012
@sholastewart,what u need for treatment of sinusitis and resulting bad mouth odour is d combination of natural Garlic Thyme,Bee Pollen,Aloe Activator,Aloe Heat Lotion and Aloe Tooth Bright Gel.Check us at FLP Nig.Ltd,23,Aromire Ikeja,Lagos. or call 08030424466 for more help
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by brianwekes(m): 8:43am On Sep 10, 2012
Those are really useful tips for fresh breath. Everybody must follow those tips or advice for fresh breath. However, you can also apply baking soda and salt water after brushing your teeth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Self Care Tips For A Young Nigerian / Lagos Will Soon Run Out Of Isolation Centres – Akin Abayomi / DEW Bottled Water Fatal Poisoning Hoax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.