Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. (971 Views)

Breaking News: House Of Rep Passes the PIB (Petroleum Industry Bill) / Why Engr. Obinna Onwubuariri Is The Best Choice For Okigwenorth Fed House Of Rep / NL Political Dialogue Nov 2012: STATE POLICE - ARE WE READY FOR IT? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
The Parliamentry seating on state police.
I am Mr speaker (Edogram.) of Nairaland house of Reps. Dear honorable Nairaland house of Rep, Plz what's your take on state police? welcome development or not? Identify your name and constituecy before your take in a sentence not more than 300 charaters words, and Hi or null.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
mod, where is the pull botten? Cant find it anymore...
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
Mod
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Front page please.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by tpia5: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
was there an election?
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
The Northern leaders are hypocrites.

Most of their governors adopted Sharia law system, which is different from the Laws of Nigeria.

They inaugurated Hisba police for the sharia law enforcement.

Now they say no to State police.

Enough of these games.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by PapaBrowne(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
I sincerely don't get why anybody would be against State Policing. Maybe folks don't understand how it works. Having state police doesn't eliminate the Federal Police system, the same way having the state house of assembly or the state judiciary didn't eliminate the need for similar national systems.

The key security issue we have in this country is not boko haram as it has immediate impact on only a tiny fraction of the population. Let the federal police system deal with such issues. Armed robbery, kidnapping, manslaughter and the simple task of maintaining law and order should be localized.

A state like Cross Rivers,a relatively peaceful state is entirely different from a state like Delta where every street urchin might be a commando with enough ammunition to take on the Mossad. The budgets for security in both state would be different. In a federal police system, budgets would be allocated not with regards to needs but with regards to equity. In a state policing system, the governor knows his security needs and deploys more resources as required.

Fashola explained this properly in his latest interview.

The truth be told, the only reason Northern Governors are afriad of State police is their fear of southern secession. Their reasoning is that if the south if given the freedom to arm their police force, such a force would become stronger than the army and when the time comes the southerners would secede with relative ease.

1 Like

Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by tpia5: 3:11am On Aug 22, 2012
una sabi yab sha.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
was there an election?
the colonial master don't need eletion
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2012
The "Hi" has it.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
PapaBrowne: I sincerely don't get why anybody would be against State Policing. Maybe folks don't understand how it works. Having state police doesn't eliminate the Federal Police system, the same way having the state house of assembly or the state judiciary didn't eliminate the need for similar national systems.

The key security issue we have in this country is not boko haram as it has immediate impact on only a tiny fraction of the population. Let the federal police system deal with such issues. Armed robbery, kidnapping, manslaughter and the simple task of maintaining law and order should be localized.

A state like Cross Rivers,a relatively peaceful state is entirely different from a state like Delta where every street urchin might be a commando with enough ammunition to take on the Mossad. The budgets for security in both state would be different. In a federal police system, budgets would be allocated not with regards to needs but with regards to equity. In a state policing system, the governor knows his security needs and deploys more resources as required.

Fashola explained this properly in his latest interview.

The truth be told, the only reason Northern Governors are afriad of State police is their fear of southern secession. Their reasoning is that if the south if given the freedom to arm their police force, such a force would become stronger than the army and when the time comes the southerners would secede with relative ease.

you don talk am finish
oya make the "debate" continue
mtcheeeeeew
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by 175(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2012
Papabrowne, wat more can i say than to ask nairaland bar tender to give u one bor!!!

1 Like

Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by tpia5: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2012
edogram.:

break it down for me, thanks.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by inspirenet: 8:32am On Aug 25, 2012
edogram.:

smiley
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by dedeike: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2012
State police is the present excesses and brutality of the Nigerian police force raised by the power 36.
I pray we don't have that misfortune
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by edogram1(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2012
tpia@:

break it down for me, thanks.
the chief and founder of this perliament. I am just introducing this, so maybe next there will be an election.
Re: State Police - The Nairaland House Of Rep. by Stallion77(f): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2012
I stand with baba jona on this one...The state governors would abuse it...yes its the best option eventually but lets stabilize abit first...our plates are full.
Plateau...jos north.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News! Kaduna Governor 'Yakowa, Former NSA Azazi Feared Dead / ‘aregbesola Is Not Identifying With SURE-P In Osun •it’s A PDP Affair - ACN / The SUN Exclusive: Buhari Bares It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.