Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? (5718 Views)

Share That One Song You Can Never Stop Listening To / LATEST 9JA SONG: You Guys Have To Listen To This / Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by ayobase(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
Rocktation:

I'd be glad to. Ok, now imagine singing 'for instance' along with 2face, when you don't know the entire lyrics of the song. You could hum your way past the parts that you don't know, but you'd be anxious in the subconscious, to get to the part that you actually know. So when you eventually get to that part, what do you imagine will happen? You'll get crazed...You'll shout it...You'll own it. smiley

Kk..thanks.
Tot the same, but those on the tables and the pastor-like happy guy with the sober one gat me confused.
Thanks!
Yeah, Im always guilty of that, but prefer not to sing out at all if I dont know everything....it makes fool of one...like singing only the chorus!
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by ayobase(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimyem: haha!
Makes me remember a time in church...
Was standing beside this lady during praise and worship..
The song was...'Unquestionable, you are the lord....'
..and this sister's version was 'Unconstolable (dunno if that's even english),you are in the lord'...she was singing it so boldly..lol
Anyways,I managed not to laugh about it until i got home...cheesycheesy
...i just keep quiet when i dunno the lyrics to a song..

Na the igbo ladies dey murder songs pass......
@@pls, thats not a tribal comment o@@
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by Nnekacherry: 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lwkmd4h.. U guys are so funny.

When I'm in the church, i dont sing at all if i dont know the lyrics.
But when I'm at home, na freestyle na. Lol. Wont i sing again? grin
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
slimyem: haha!
Makes me remember a time in church...
Was standing beside this lady during praise and worship..
The song was...'Unquestionable, you are the lord....'
..and this sister's version was 'Unconstolable (dunno if that's even english),you are in the lord'...she was singing it so boldly..lol
Anyways,I managed not to laugh about it until i got home...cheesycheesy
...i just keep quiet when i dunno the lyrics to a song..

Lol something similar happened in my church, when this lady in the choir sang "Handsome God" Instead of "Awesome God" The whole church burst into laughter. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by Jumaisha(f): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2012
Offcourse!
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by sage2(m): 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
I you expect yours sincerely, Sage, to know the entire lyrics of a song before singing along then you are on a long thing(for a long time). Every song is not like our favorite "darling Jesus"(one of the few songs I can sing without humming), for God's sake. After all, humming is permissible in music.
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by megareal: 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
LOL. I do it most of the time. Reminds me of a Sunday service where a lady beside me during worship was hollering in excitement '(DISABLE, I know that he can do it, he said he'll help me to it' when the lyrics is (HE'S ABLE, I know that he can do it, he said he'll help me through it).. I had to sit down to stiffle the bubbling laughter.
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by sashaa(f): 12:04am On Aug 22, 2012
Hian, always naw. I like singing along whether i kniw it or yes
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by Afam4eva(m): 12:08am On Aug 22, 2012
I don't hum to songs that I don't know in public. It's either I know the lyrics or I shut the fvck up and not embarass myself.

But there's something I used to do with secular music back in the days. Then many people did not know the full lyrics of songs. So, what I would do was to add my own words to songs that I don't know the lyrics and making the person I'm singing to think that that's really the lyrics. They would believe me cos they don't know any better.

As for gospel songs. It's unfortunate that a lot of Christians don't know the real wordings of songs that they've been singing or decades in church. All they do is mumur any word that sounds like the real thing.
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by keethel(f): 12:28am On Aug 22, 2012
Missy_B:

Yes, thanks! cheesy
undecidedhow can u sing to a song u don't know huh!
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by ektbear: 2:06am On Aug 22, 2012
all the time grin

I usually know the chorus or a few of the catchier parts of songs, not often the entire thing
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by shilling(f): 9:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Me, all the time! Especially when listening to kpop.
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by megxo(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2012
ah do oh.....ah even go as far as singin som islamic songs cos a mosque is near ma house in skool shocked
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by Flakeey(f): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
chipmunkey: I did that a lot in church grin

u can say that again
sometimes, i bow my head when choir sings a worship song i don't know or decide to pray and if it's praises, that is when my dance offering will be on the high side...
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by kunlemessi: 1:27am On Aug 23, 2012
Yes I do, I even sing foreign songs like spanish, arabic knowing fully well that I'm singing it wrong. Music is not all about lyrics, it's a language on its own that's why yanni, enya, kenny g...songs are always very POWERFUL even though they are usually "lyricless"
Re: Do You Sing To A Song You Don't Know? by kunlemessi: 1:33am On Aug 23, 2012
When I was young(er), I used to sing aloud such that people about 6 houses away would hear me but the embarrassing part is that I usually get the lyrics messed up, fortunately for me, I only got to know some of the lyrics now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Gospel Party Mix 2013. / (clean Video) Download 'nek Unek' By Mc Galaxy Ft Davido / Ahmir - Next Best 'R&B' Group!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.