Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding (2514 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Husband Beats And Threatened To Pour Hot Water On Wife When Denied Sex / Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by MADent: 12:54am On Aug 20, 2012
@PharbioMadBoi: JOIN US | REGISTER | War Against Domestic Violence, The Walk : http:///otUWQsLb
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2012
unless that man is crazy (and therefore we should all ask ourselves why this lady married a crazed man) there must be a reason why this man beat that woman.

domestic violence is not only from men --> women BUT ALSO from women --> men........so if she started beating him, i can certainly understand why he beat the hell out of her in retaliation. we all know how some women like to slap men.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by MADent: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2012
mrbrownjay did you read the full story
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2012
Your link isn't working madent.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2012
MADent: mrbrownjay did you read the full story

sorry, i never click on links on NL......... if your story has any relevance and is that important to you, then post it right here on NL.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by MADent: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2012
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
^^^^ exactly the reason why i never click on links. if you want to divert traffic to your website then at least stand for it proudly, rather than using some BS tricks to have people register on your blog in order for you to make some pennies.

if you really were a genuine person concerned with domestic violence then you would have put your message here on NL (where the chances of getting the point across is much more high than from your BS unknown blog)
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ exactly the reason why i never click on links. if you want to divert traffic to your website then at least stand for it proudly, rather than using some BS tricks to have people register on your blog in order for you to make some pennies.

if you really were a genuine person concerned with domestic violence then you would have put your message here on NL (where the chances of getting the point across is much more high than from your BS unknown blog)

Take it easy on the guy now, the economy is hard. Everyone is trying to make money. sad
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: unless that man is crazy (and therefore we should all ask ourselves why this lady married a crazed man) there must be a reason why this man beat that woman.

domestic violence is not only from men --> women BUT ALSO from women --> men........so if she started beating him, i can certainly understand why he beat the hell out of her in retaliation. we all know how some women like to slap men.

In Africa, Domestic violence remains majorly from the males. Women are still considered PROPERTY in much of Africa and so divorce remains an option that should be avoided in many cases.

There is so much taboo attached with divorce and divorced women(unlike men) are still seen demonized in most African societies, even abroad, that many women are essentially forced to remain in abusive relationships. Pressure from the same society, leads women to marry even the most disgusting of beings called men like the example in this story.

Even when women move to the developed world, the mentality that they are subhumans/property does not leave them in many cases. That is why even here in the US domestic violence still happens in African homes, and many of the cases go unreported in the African communities here.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by MADent: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
am not just trying to divert traffic to my site sir, i posted an headline here and anyone who is interested with the news should click on the link........ you cant see an headline on a paper from a vendor and decide to collect it and start reading....u will have to buy the paper and read the news... and if diverting the traffic will bring me money, tht ,makes it easier for me to organize the Walk against domestic Violence easier and am just asking you to click the link and support and not asking you to pay...if i said pls pay and support, you will still say i am a scam..thanks...@PharbioMadBoi
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

In Africa, Domestic violence remains majorly from the males. Women are still considered PROPERTY in much of Africa and so divorce remains an option that should be avoided in many cases.

There is so much taboo attached with divorce and divorced women(unlike men) are still seen demonized in most African societies, even abroad, that many women are essentially forced to remain in abusive relationships. Pressure from the same society, leads women to marry even the most disgusting of beings called men like the example in this story.

Even when women move to the developed world, the mentality that they are subhumans/property does not leave them in many cases. That is why even here in the US domestic violence still happens in African homes, and many of the cases go unreported in the African communities here.

Sadly, women have a big role to play in their own dehumanization. A lot of women see divorced women as irresponsible or as people that had no intention of making their marriages work and even go as far as to say these things about the divorced women behind their backs.
Older married women will advice their daughters to stay in marriages where they are being treated like crap, telling them things like 'you are not the first person it is happening to', 'be patient', '...after all he is taking care of the children', etc. Even when the man is cheating his behind off, they say the same things, as if cheating is a married man's birth right.

They also gossip unmarried women of a certain age; I think 26-30. You see other women talking about the fact that she is not married as if she is committing a crime by doing so.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
fellis: Sadly, women have a big role to play in their own dehumanization. A lot of women see divorced women as irresponsible or as people that had no intention of making their marriages work and even go as far as to say these things about the divorced women behind their backs.
Older married women will advice their daughters to stay in marriages where they are being treated like crap, telling them things like 'you are not the first person it is happening to', 'be patient', '...after all he is taking care of the children', etc. Even when the man is cheating his behind off, they say the same things, as if cheating is a married man's birth right.

They also gossip unmarried women of a certain age; I think 26-30. You see other women talking about the fact that she is not married as if she is committing a crime by doing so.

I agree and that is why denying this problem exists is not going to help either the women or men.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by AdeniyiA(m): 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2012
the question is where are d first love feelings?
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Kobo.

Its senseless for anyone to deny the fact that domestic violence exists and I personally think one reason why domestic violence exist and continues is because both the men and women have contrived to make women economically useless.

A lot of men who want their wife to be financially dependent on them want that because they want their rule to go unchallenged.

The women who also agree to this set up where she is dependent on the man for every penny in her life is also setting herself up for a life of abuse.

How would a woman report or move out of an abusive relationship when she cant survive on her own? You would hear such women say, If I move out now, who would feed me and my kids? We would just go and suffer.

Thats one way domestic violence can be reduced IMO.

Also the African mentality to violence on women is terrible, if a woman report her husband to cops the police would tell her its a family issue.

Another thing is the culture of selling our daughters in the name of bride price. Tell me if I pay 7m for a wife, why shouldnt I treat her like just any other property in the house?
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
dayokanu:

Kobo.

Its senseless for anyone to deny the fact that domestic violence exists and I personally think one reason why domestic violence exist and continues is because both the men and women have contrived to make women economically useless.

A lot of men who want their wife to be financially dependent on them want that because they want their rule to go unchallenged.

The women who also agree to this set up where she is dependent on the man for every penny in her life is also setting herself up for a life of abuse.

How would a woman report or move out of an abusive relationship when she cant survive on her own? You would hear such women say, If I move out now, who would feed me and my kids? We would just go and suffer.

Thats one way domestic violence can be reduced IMO.

Also the African mentality to violence on women is terrible, if a woman report her husband to cops the police would tell her its a family issue.

Another thing is the culture of selling our daughters in the name of bride price. Tell me if I pay 7m for a wife, why shouldnt I treat her like just any other property in the house?

It is 2012 and the situation is still terrible.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by dayokanu(m): 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
Kobojunkie:

It is 2012 and the situation is still terrible.

The year doesnt matter if the ppl refuse to change their ways.

If in 2050 Ppl still think paying $70,000 as dowry is okay, Or that women should be 100% dependent on their spouse then nothing would change

And we defend these acts in the name of Tradition
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 21, 2012
dayokanu:

If in 2050 Ppl still think paying $70,000 as dowry is okay, Or that women should be 100% dependent on their spouse then nothing would change

You really are unselfish aren't you? You care sooo much about the plight of these women that you have been singing this same chorus all over these boards for the past few days. Surely, all this aggravation you feel could not be because it tasks your pocket, could it? It's got to be wholly borne out of concern for the women abi? Since you are so concerned about the welfare of wives, here's my proposal. The biggest 'tradition' causing abuse on wives is the tradition that says men are the head of the home and wives need to submit to them. Since they are the heads and are physically stronger, the balance of power tips incredibly in their favor for them to misuse at will. Even when they don't pay dowry and they are 100% financially dependent on their wives, they are still the head of the home ba? Ehen, so let's attack this evil tradition and work to abolish the 'headship' of men in it's entirety. What say you?
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 2:08am On Aug 21, 2012
dayokanu:

At the end of the day, the woman would need to want the change that is being offered for this to work.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Johndoe100(m): 5:28am On Aug 21, 2012
Lots a white folk here bemoaning the way we Africans do things. Well since you all have carried your sorry azzes to the whiteman's land, why bother our bulletin boards with your borrowed culture? Do you see any of us who does not have an economic motive like this foool of an OP crying? He even opened 2 threads so you fake Nigerians will be guaranteed to see it and come and spew your usual "why aren't they like us " BS

If you don't like the way Africans do things go post on dollarland, poundland or euroland. Geez
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
It will take women saying "Enough is Enough" for real change to take place in Nigeria, and much of Africa.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
Kobojunkie: It will take women saying "Enough is Enough" for real change to take place in Nigeria, and much of Africa.
Yes, and for that to happen, women have to believe that they deserve better. A lot of women clearly do not have this belief.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by omosexy1: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
I wonder what churches and mosques preach these days. These venues should be a good medium to tell violence man to stop beating their women. I am still shock men beat their wives in this 21st century and the women keep quiet.
Re: Husband Beats Wife Up After Their Wedding by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
Yes, and for that to happen, women have to believe that they deserve better. A lot of women clearly do not have this belief.

I think so too . . . and it goes back to what @DayoKanu tried explaining earlier. Women in our parts tend to look out for only themselves but are quick to demonize other women when they try to break out of the stereotype. I remember having a discussion some years ago, here on Nairaland, where a lady who was raped was blamed, by women folk here and in Nigeria, for the rape.

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between Father And Son (2012 & 2013) / My Experience While Trying To Register My Daughter In School Today / Beautiful Girl With Mini Skirt Gets What She Didn't Expect In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.