Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? (3277 Views)

MY PROPOSAL: How To Become Successful Like DANGOTE / How Do I Get Distributorship, Like Dangote, Cadbury, Nestle Etc In Nigeria? / Why Are We Not Making Money Like Dangote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by gloriana(f): 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2012
My Father Vs Dangote

My father is a man and dangote is a man too. my father has 1 head so does dangote. they both have 24hrs in a day and equal opportunity. my father is a business man like dangote. he had capital for investment and decided to buy his own trailer which he used for business. dangote invested his own capital as well but today my father is still a poor man while dangote is bastardly rich. so what made dangote different from my father? is it that God likes dangote more than my father?
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by mykejones(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2012
Your father is a man so are ALL the Boko Haram suicide bombers. They all have ONE head,so does your father. They have 24hrs in a day,so does your father. But instead of them planing their lives,or taking care of their wives,children and relatives,they bomb theirselves away..while your father tries daily to see that you are cartered for.
Is it that God loves your father more than the Boko Suicide bombers?
Moral of my comment:...? Be thankful!

3 Likes

Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
mykejones: Your father is a man so are ALL the Boko Haram suicide bombers. They all have ONE head,so does your father. They have 24hrs in a day,so does your father. But instead of them planing their lives,or taking care of their wives,children and relatives,they bomb theirselves away..while your father tries daily to see that you are cartered for.
Is it that God loves your father more than the Boko Suicide bombers?
Moral of my comment:...? Be thankful!
undecided undecided undecided undecided
@op so many factors work together to determine a man's fortune.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by gloriana(f): 1:20am On Aug 21, 2012
i dont min 2 sound ungrateful my dear. My father is not a lazy man. He workd as hard as he could 2 supprt his family yet.....i jst wnt 2 know y some pple get very rich while some despite their hard work never get 2 b rich bt can only survive.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by mykejones(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2012
gloriana: i dont min 2 sound ungrateful my dear. My father is not a lazy man. He workd as hard as he could 2 supprt his family yet.....i jst wnt 2 know y some pple get very rich while some despite their hard work never get 2 b rich bt can only survive.
Ok..i understand your pont of view now.
Wel,Dangote didn't actually start poor. He wasn't a poor kid. He came from a family who already controlled large sums of wealth.
Again,his family had connections in the right places..so did he.
We can rightfully say he utilised his oppurtunities to the maximum with what was on ground..plus hardluck..plus luck..plus evryevry jare.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
gloriana: My Father Vs Dangote

My father is a man and dangote is a man too. my father has 1 head so does dangote. they both have 24hrs in a day and equal opportunity. my father is a business man like dangote. he had capital for investment and decided to buy his own trailer which he used for business. dangote invested his own capital as well but today my father is still a poor man while dangote is bastardly rich. so what made dangote different from my father? is it that God likes dangote more than my father?
The difference is that your dad wasn't dynamic enough, didn't connect himself to a strong network of friends-influential, dangote has always added value and solved massive massive problems, finally for now, its not about the money, its about enjoying what you do, when you start businesses because of money and not a passion to add value, you get stiffled out when challenges pile up and in nigeria, it is one problem to another. Dangote leverages massively, I doubt your dad ever leveraged, no one ever became rich by using just their money.

1 Like

Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by LongOne1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lol, I guess your father has not yet found his competitive advantage.

Besides, how do you measure wealth and investment? There is wealth of knowledge, wealth of experience, etc, not just physical wealth.
Your father has invested in you, which you should in turn do for your kids, they for theirs and so on. I’m sure somewhere down the line one of your family members will hit it big, it might even be you. Someone in Dangote’s line must have asked questions like you and found an answer by trying.

Bottom-line, the sky is big enough for all, even if you fail; at least you will have the satisfaction that you tried. You just need to find your niche and as someone mentioned, do something you enjoy doing.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by nusdog: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2012
Does your father have the same background and opportunities as dangote and didn't use them? AAnswer that first.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Emysandy: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
Ask your father not God cause they question here is about 2 men not a man and a woman. Dangote choose to trade his time for wisdom, and compete for a name, but from your post your father choose to work for his daily bread and accept the gain to satisfy you. What destory this nation is WANT not PRODUCTIVITY. I mean we value the gain and forget the name, some rich men dont fight for wealth the fight for name check Forbes.com you will understand what l'm talking about. The day you grow to understand that you are important and should have a brand that express your name, you will choose the right path. Your father is not weak but he has a limit. Now its your turn will you make the same mistake or stand out and give your father a name instead of blaming the poor man. What are you doing to help your father to compete, since this is the only force in business. Remember its not all about buying and selling or doing the regular stuff, the truth is winners are always creative if you are still confuse ask this Asian guys ( China). Wake up don't go with the general Naija slangs " what is ur paper qualification". Read outside the box but read for wisdom to create, and make your father the CEO of the company if you want him to have a name like Dangote... Finally Bill Gate is off from the computer biz to create solar Toilet, this guys go for the weird stuff turn it to luxury and sell it to us as a brand, if you are still confuse then welcome to a rich man world cause you will still live in your tiny box thinking loud by blaming your father, grand father, nation, the gods, sea, land and your soul. Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by stagger: 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
blink182: The difference is that your dad wasn't dynamic enough, didn't connect himself to a strong network of friends-influential, dangote has always added value and solved massive massive problems, finally for now, its not about the money, its about enjoying what you do, when you start businesses because of money and not a passion to add value, you get stiffled out when challenges pile up and in nigeria, it is one problem to another. Dangote leverages massively, I doubt your dad ever leveraged, no one ever became rich by using just their money.

Dangote's uncle was Alhaji Dantata. This was the man who gave Dangote N50,000 to start business in 1977 when my own father's salary was N500, and we had everything we wanted with my dad as sole breadwinner on N500!

So you can imagine the value of N50,000 then. You need to go and research into Alhaji Dantata and how rich and connected the Dantata family have been in Kano and Northern Nigeria since the 60s. When you do, perhaps your head can be cleared of all the cobwebs making you post such an arrogantly worded but ignorant post here.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by lucynkem: 7:23am On Aug 22, 2012
stagger:

Dangote's uncle was Alhaji Dantata. This was the man who gave Dangote N50,000 to start business in 1977 when my own father's salary was N500, and we had everything we wanted with my dad as sole breadwinner on N500!

So you can imagine the value of N50,000 then. You need to go and research into Alhaji Dantata and how rich and connected the Dantata family have been in Kano and Northern Nigeria since the 60s. When you do, perhaps your head can be cleared of all the cobwebs making you post such an arrogantly worded but ignorant post here.

Please be calm here. I do not think the author of this tread meant any harm, please let us deal with it carefully. Shalom.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2012
stagger:

Your father is marrrdddddd for giving birth to a mo. oron like you. How is my post ignorant, you are so stuuuuuuuuu...pid that you did not realize you are supporting my point. Go get brains, I hate ignorant people that do not know they are ignorant. I clearly stated subtly that her dad and Dangote were not on the same footing. They were never on the same level, the loan given to Dangote equates to about N75m in today's money. So what are you saying? Truly, common sense is not common to moronic common waste of the society people like you. Probably you are even crippled or bed ridden and venting out your frustrations here on NL. Go phuck yourself dude or better still ra. pe your sister to ease your raging hormones.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by gloriana(f): 12:08am On Aug 23, 2012
Wow. I am flabawhelmed and Overgasted.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by mykejones(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2012
@Blick182,You r insulting the wrong person. That poster who quoted you did so mistakenly,he was actually attacking the op,not u.
You shd have reasoned so.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2012
mykejones: @Blick182,You r insulting the wrong person. That poster who quoted you did so mistakenly,he was actually attacking the op,not u.
You shd have reasoned so.
I am not, he made no mistake. I know who stagger is, he has a penchant for being a nuisance. The next thing to expect from him are threats. Really want to meet him in person so we know who should be threatening who.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by FMK(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2012
to get rich and richer that depends on your external and internal influence how you manage your money, experience of people with whom you are dealing, you have to procure advices to people who get more experience about doing business. but becareful some advices are not good some of lead to sacrify humans that is not good but anyway be happy to get what God gave to you that is you deserve
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by hottprince: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2012
@OP its nt dat God likes dangote more than ur dad.bt it somtimes I tink He doesnt wnt to interfere in som affairs probably wnts us to try our best.plus dangote had somtin ur dad probably didnt have.POWER nt political economical power.i dsagree wit any1 sayin dangote's capital simply made d diff.wt bout bill gates i bliv he didn't had d US treasury as his capital.dere r tins dat hav to be n d situation here is one of dem.nt every1 wil b a billionaire
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by 2sexy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
gloriana: i dont min 2 sound ungrateful my dear. My father is not a lazy man. He workd as hard as he could 2 supprt his family yet.....i jst wnt 2 know y some pple get very rich while some despite their hard work never get 2 b rich bt can only survive.
its not always about business and money but what can you offer that your competitors can't?

Your comment reveals that neither you nor your father knows business. If you are in business and do not know/have marketing or advertising system in place, you will surely fail. A lot of people want to go in to business just for the money. WRONG! Go ask top business men and they will tell you that its not always about the money.

How does your father relate with his customers. Does he care about them? Does he send them a thank you message after a transaction? Does he offer VALUE like non found elsewhere?

Btw, did you father carry out a market research , put down a marketing and advertising system before starting out? Its not always about the money but what you can offer.

Do this: tell you father to make a contact list of people that patronise him and send them a thank you message everyweek... That's why you have the Bulk Sms there. This will make people want come back for more or recommend and refer people to his business( we love to be appreciated,don't we?). He should also try to listen to customers complains because the customer is always right. He should do more to satisfy them and be as friendly as possible.

Can you see your face without a mirror? Your customer's complains are a mirror view to fix whatever loopholes that may be costing him more businesses. It's an avenue to improve on the business.

My two kobo...
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by buJu234: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
@op
i think the diff. btw ur father & dangote is the way each of them went abt their own businesses.

Dangote grew 4rm scratch (HARDWORK/SMALL BUSINESSMAN) to bcom a millionaire but he team up with the govt. people (military & politicians) to bcom a billionaire; this is process is called SMART WORKER LEVEL); Dangote made many govt. people richer than the way he met them while he bcame a billionaire. its same principle that Adenuga used; same with Ibrahamovic ( chelsea owner)

Now lets take a look at ur father.

Ur father did his business from scratch; but i believe he didnt team up with others; so he remain a HARDWORK/SMALL BUSINESSMAN ( according rich dad poor dad)

In summary:-

UR FATHER OPERATED A HARD WORKER LEVEL BUSINESS AND DIDNT MOVE HIS BUSINESS MINDSET TO THE SMART WORKER LEVER
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by leverage12(m): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
my dear I believe you have answered a part of your question. Your Father work only HARD while Dangote is working not only HARD but SMART, your Father's capital is limited in compare to the capital of Dangote, your Father run a small scale business, while Dangote run his business not only to offer services to the s tate he lives, but to Nigeria in general and other parts of Africa. Your Father takes decisions of his business without seeking advice from expects, while Dangote employ the hands of expect to take decisions in order to get the best out of his business. Dangoter employ over 100 staffs to work for him, thereby working o
ver 100 x 24 hours a day = over 24000 hours a day, while your Father works less than 100 hours a day even with the support of you and your family to build the business. Your Father motive of creating his business was to take care of you and the family, while Dangote was not only to take care of his family but to become a legend in the field of entrepreneurship. Your Father focus on runing a small or middium scale kind of business, while Dangote is not only a business man but also an Investor. Your Father business focus on what people wants, while Dangote business focus on human basic needs there giving him a better chance to be more properous than your Father. There are probably a million and one reason why Dangote is richer than your Father in business, but my advice to you to read books on business and finance; books like Rich dad, Poor dad and The cashflow quotrant all written by Robert. T. Kiyosaki. I believe these books will give you better sense on business and also answer the major parts of the question "why Dangote is a better business man than you Father". Here I rest my case.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by stagger: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
blink182: I am not, he made no mistake. I know who stagger is, he has a penchant for being a nuisance. The next thing to expect from him are threats. Really want to meet him in person so we know who should be threatening who.

Who wants to meet a monkey like you in person? Do humans and monkeys have any basis for interaction? You are a son of a LovePeddler for insulting my dad! Foo.l. Just pray never to cross me in real life before I send my boys to deal with you. Nonsense!
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by 2sexy(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
leverage12: my dear I believe you have answered a part of your question. Your Father work only HARD while Dangote is working not only HARD but SMART, your Father's capital is limited in compare to the capital of Dangote, your Father run a small scale business, while Dangote run his business not only to offer services to the s tate he lives, but to Nigeria in general and other parts of Africa. Your Father takes decisions of his business without seeking advice from expects, while Dangote employ the hands of expect to take decisions in order to get the best out of his business. Dangoter employ over 100 staffs to work for him, thereby working o
ver 100 x 24 hours a day = over 24000 hours a day, while your Father works less than 100 hours a day even with the support of you and your family to build the business. Your Father motive of creating his business was to take care of you and the family, while Dangote was not only to take care of his family but to become a legend in the field of entrepreneurship. Your Father focus on runing a small or middium scale kind of business, while Dangote is not only a business man but also an Investor. Your Father business focus on what people wants, while Dangote business focus on human basic needs there giving him a better chance to be more properous than your Father. There are probably a million and one reason why Dangote is richer than your Father in business, but my advice to you to read books on business and finance; books like Rich dad, Poor dad and The cashflow quotrant all written by Robert. T. Kiyosaki. I believe these books will give you better sense on business and also answer the major parts of the question "why Dangote is a better business man than you Father". Here I rest my case.
i was about to recommend Rich Dad, Poor Dad... Good to know.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by Babalegba(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Does anybody really know if Dangote has the sole right to import certain essential commodities into the country because if he has it as people allege then DAngote is not really an astute business man as people claim but an immoral prat who aligned with the oppressors of his brothers to make money that he cannot make use of on his lifetime and also have the guile to pretend to people that he is their helper while impoverishing them. Nigerians are a joke when it comes to their pick and mix religion, the way they go on about money , you would think it was the rich man who went to heaven and not the poor man.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by stagger: 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babalegba: Does anybody really know if Dangote has the sole right to import certain essential commodities into the country because if he has it as people allege then DAngote is not really an astute business man as people claim but an immoral prat who aligned with the oppressors of his brothers to make money that he cannot make use of on his lifetime and also have the guile to pretend to people that he is their helper while impoverishing them. Nigerians are a joke when it comes to their pick and mix religion, the way they go on about money , you would think it was the rich man who went to heaven and not the poor man.

OBJ blocked off other cement importers like Ibeto Cement so Dangote had the sole right to import unbagged cement into the country. But you know, he was already a rich man so this was not the case when he made his money. Besides, he repaid the N50,000 loan his uncle gave him within months so I would say he was kind of astute in that respect.

And he was visionary too. He built an engine room that can run his business whether or not Dangote is around. You cannot take that away from him.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by gloriana(f): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
probably i pickd d wrong guy 4 a match wit my father bt i beliv dat som guys, given d same opptunity as dangote may nt achieve much n som guys on d oda hand, given less dan my father had would av don far far beta n we no som of dez guys dat rose 4rm gras 2 grace. So, wats d secret?
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by YK28: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
gloriana: My Father Vs Dangote

The difference btw your Father and Dangote is the content of their "Head" .Success is not just by hard work but by brain work.Having big capital to start business doesn't make you successful,It is the brain you apply to the capital that determines your success.
Dangote has fort site,is broadminded and also have I CAN DO IT spirit in him,your Father might not have this qualities.

1 Like

Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by AjanleKoko: 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
YK28:

The difference btw your Father and Dangote is the content of their "Head" .Success is not just by hard work but by brain work.Having big capital to start business doesn't make you successful,It is the brain you apply to the capital that determines your success.
Dangote has fort site,is broadminded and also have I CAN DO IT spirit in him,your Father might not have this qualities.

In short, you're also dumb, as you obviously do not have money like Dangote.
Stop sitting on your brain, ogbeni.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by spicyv1(f): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Ahn ahn oga sa, you dey vex? Wetin provoke you to this extent? Abeg easy o.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by AjanleKoko: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
spicy v:

Ahn ahn oga sa, you dey vex? Wetin provoke you to this extent? Abeg easy o.

I no de vex. Seriously, Nigerians need to stop pissing away their brains.
If I were OP's father, a good hiding is guaranteed.
Re: Does God Like Dangote More Than My Father? by YK28: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
AjanleKoko:

why are you so foul mouthed? You must be an arrogant and stupid person .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Skills That Makes Money For You Instantly In Nigeria. / Bank Bullion Van Specification / Distributors Wanted Nationwide(country-nigeria) "RED WINE"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.