Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola (11889 Views)

Tafa Balogun Arrived Court In Handcuffs (Throwback Pic) / Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / Full List Of Nigeria National Honours Award Recipients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by jpphilips(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
duni04:
Oga no vex o but from the looks of things, e b like say na u b d olodo.

depends on who is looking my dear
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by ariy(m): 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
Once more than 500 pple receive National Award in a year make it less value to me
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by dustydee: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
Does that include our past leaders?
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by sirp2007: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
l thought d withdrawer of national honour given to indicted fellows is suppose to be automatic.
Do we need any bureacracy to do it?
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by olajide8(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
Good news to me! At a certain point in time, I started wondering if corruption was the main bases for given this/these National honors, then let's hope it wouldn't take 6months- 1 year to strip them of it, better still let's hope another committee would not, be set up, to look into the first committees submission and a white paper wouldn't be submitted by the office of the SGF recommending another committee to be established, because they love white papers there and committee's.
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Jyde89: 1:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nawa o, terrorist de abuse thief.... Life is indeed an irony.
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by EkoIle1: 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
Useless Abdul el Reterdeen and his silly distractions. With all the problems facing Nigeria, why is he preoccupied with some worthless awards? Typical jonadumb..

The dumb a,,ss,, is not worried about madam umbllera and her comical permanent secretary joke, but he's losing sleep over some rubbish. He himself man sef should be withdrawn.
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Sxsells: 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
Strip the criminals of their national honours and also go after criminals without national honours. I guess I needed to remind u that! President "Jonathan"
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by akin23(m): 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
WHAT IS THE NATIONAL HON OURS(NATIONAL DISGRACE) ALL ABOUT WHEN THIEVES, ROUGES, LOOTERS ARE ALL PARADED AS MEN OF HONOUR WHERE THE REAL HEROES THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY TO HIS LOCAL COMMUNITIES ARE LEFT UNSEEN, SO REMOVING OR ADDING TO N/H DOES NOT PUT BREAD ON NIGERIA TABLE SO WHAT A WASTE OF OUR OIL MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ABEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Drunk: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
I have a name too for that bid. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan. He should be stripped on his national honors too. He has failed Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Biggyd2: 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
Awwwww! How nice!!! This would be picture perfect when all the elected politicians are also stripped of all honors associated with their offices for their non-performance. What is that saying about "pointing a finger and three pointing back at you?" undecided
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by taharqa: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
great1: This act of Mr president shows he has no brain cells!!! How can you strip national honors from felons? In the UK, Lord Jeffery Archer was jailed for Perjury in 2003, upon his release his peerage was never taken away from him..is GEJ now trying to tell me that the achievements of these people is worthless now since they've been convicted?? National honors were given to the highest bidders in Nigeria, not the so called "men of honor"... What has people like tafa balogun done to help the disabled people in Nigeria? How has he impacted the society positively?? If he wants to clean up our society I dare him to throw Dimeji Bankole into Jail for looting this same very banks that he awarded national honors to their owners..... In order to bring honor to the so called "national honors", our heroes such as Saro Wiwa, the NYSC students slaughtered in the north, those who risk their lives protecting this country must be considered first...Then I can add face value to these so called honors...
Do you know how many times you contradictd yourself in dis tirade *smh*
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by taharqa: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
This 'news' doesn't make sense; why wud they see d need to mk d intent known b4 doing it. Just do it, then let ppl see it
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Akiika: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
Just remember to include your name, OBJ, IBB, ATIKU, David Mark, Etteh, Abdulsalam,all Governors...i don tire to type,...you know your fellow looters!
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by DerMeister: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
They should strip them of the honors and send them to UK for proper prosecution. Also, they shpould strip Dame Sow of any honors if she has and prevent her from getting any cos she doesn't deserve it grin
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Jarus(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Good one, Mr President.
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Jarus: Good one, Mr President.

you mean viva sanusi cheesy cheesy - vindicated again

1 Like

Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by Starlett: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
Well, if Jona goes thru with this and ACTUALLY DOES STRIP THEM OF THE NATIONAL HONOURS, that would be one good step and I'll personally come to Nairaland to commend him publicly.

BTW, methinks this particular move is even long overdue sef! And why should it come to us as mere rumors and "indications"? GEJ should simply announce it himself at tomorrow's FEC meeting. Shikena!
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by NovusHomo(m): 12:12am On Aug 22, 2012
What about those who cleaned out the banks with dubious, and non-serviced loans?
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by madjune(m): 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
Very funny. The government should start from its own house. What of DOYIN OKUPE who had fraudulent road construction contracts serving as GEJ spokesman?
Re: Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola by khrisponty(m): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
mu2sa2: D national honours is a big joke: it should be scrapped & withdrawn from ALL who v it. It's similar to d title of senior advocate of nigeria which consciencious lawyers ar saying should be scrapped as Ghanaians hv done with QC, because it is now a charade that even rogues now bear SAN, courtesy of corrupt judges awarding d useless crap. Good that chinua achebe rejected obj's national nonesense: other right thinking nigerians will do d same or collect d sheet & use as latrine paper.

*Sophisticated ignorance* judges don't award SAN honours. Smh.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akpabio VS Amaechi Stadium; Let's Compare. / APC Yet To Pay For Campaign Billboards FOr 2015 Election: Advertising Companies / Muric Rejects Uk Stand On Looted Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.