Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor (1084 Views)

Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / The True Reason Why America Stopped Buying Our Crude / EXCLUSIVE: Chad ‘fuelling’ Boko Haram Insurgency With Eyes On Borno Oil Deposits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by Sunofgod(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
The governor disclosed this on Monday while receiving the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar III, who paid him Sallah homage.

“We will soon write the Federal Government on the issue with a view to complying with the necessary guidelines.

“The oil deposits, when fully explored and exploited, will certainly boost the socio economic status of the people of the state as well as the nation’s economy.”

The governor also promised the sultan that the state government would soon commence implementation of a new salary structure for traditional rulers in the 23 local government areas of the state.

“A committee set up to look into the remunerations of traditional rulers in the state had completed its assignment.

“We will soon come up with a white paper on the new salary for the traditional rulers and send a bill to the House of Assembly to legalise the package,’’ Mr Wamakko said.

The sultan said his visit was to felicitate with the governor on the successful completion of the Ramadan fast.

He commended Mr Wamakko for giving special attention to the traditional rulers.

“We are leaders representing the people, we must facilitate all efforts to further improve their living standard,’’ he said.

The sultan commended the governor for providing new official vehicles to all the district heads and for the ongoing rehabilitation of their residences.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/21/well-soon-start-to-explore-our-crude-oil-deposits-sokoto-state-governor/
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by Sunofgod(m): 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hmmmm . . . .Sokoto's oil or Nigeria's oil?

Let see,
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
Really! Sokoto now has oil?? Very hillarious.... Which part of d state was d oil discovered? I also learnt d gov of Niger state claims oil has bin discovered in d state.....
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by 9javoice1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2012
there is no one cup of oil in the core-north.

pls if there are make them take their all deceptive oil comot and form their own nation.

does it mater, they are mistake of a creation

1 Like

Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by sonyjacobs(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
you go fear oil for north na? grin angry
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by superior1: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2012
Why are you guys then afraid of disintegration of the country

1 Like

Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by asha80(m): 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
guys there is oil in the chad basin.

@post all right everyone explore the oil beneath your soil cheesy
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by sheyguy: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
I hope they aren't talking about oil well that are few metres deep i.e pipelines
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
GOOD. Let Everyone Keep Their Oil. From TODAY!!!
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by pwettytemmy(f): 10:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
As if oil na water. Hmmmm, d gov even made it sounds like d state govt will explore n exploit it ø̲̣̣̥ŋ it own. Can dey afford dat. We are anxiously waiting n curiously watching.
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by pwettytemmy(f): 10:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
As if oil na water. D gov is even making it sounds like it will explore n exploit d oil on its own. Are ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥y having d human n capital resources to do these on their own. We are curiously waiting n anxiously watching.
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by CyberG: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
Why are people belly-aching because of Nigeria's oil in Sokoto? There is oil in Niger Republic, why not in Sokoto which borders the country? The only grouse I would point out is the fact that the governor has not made any mention of what level of education, invention or intellectual prowess his state is building in his people. I know this is difficult in a place that is ridden with BH violence. If the oil were discovered, is it not engineers from southern Nigeria that will form the core of the first set of technical people there, what is his plan to prepare the indigenes of the state for this development? This I think is where people should be criticizing him and NOT the usual stupid talks of parasites, form your own nation, etc. If anyone wants them to form a nation, go and cut the country up then come and announce it here not yawning dust cowardly from behind your laptop or phone!
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by ODB2: 10:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lazy b@stards should use their new oil wealth to form their islamic republic!
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by BJ4REEL(m): 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lol...laugh no gree me laugh o....all diz comedians sef...
Make them move,make beta pple see road jare....
D minute diz backward thinz,truely discover oil,datz d moment they would declare forceful 'araba' of d country,trust me!
Re: We'll Soon Start To Explore Our Crude Oil Deposits – Sokoto State Governor by lacasa: 1:12am On Aug 22, 2012
Ɣ people dey fear na! grin

Wen d oil is being pumped out of sokoto, bauchi n co.

North will ave agric & oil exports like no other n then d south can keep bunkering their lives out
cool

Up Arewa cool

(1) (Reply)

North Is Bombing Away Their Economy While The South Are Commisioning Projects / TINUBU Finally Bows To Awolowo, Says I'm Unfit To Wear His Shoes. / Homosexual Lobby Mounts Pressure On Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.