Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School (5371 Views)

Advice On Study In Poland / Any Nl Studying In Warsaw(poland)? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2012
Hey nairalanders,
Please I would like to get advise on whether to attend pozman medical school or warsaw med school both in poland or windsor/UMHS medical school in the carribean. I want to attend pozman because its accredited by both new york and carlifornia medical board, and I would like to work in the US upon graduation, while windsor/UMHS which is located in the carribean aren't approved by those boards so u can't practise in all American states only a few, please would like to get info on pozman city, living cost, how the people relate to black etc especially from people in poland.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Davedavy: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
bukahands: Hey nairalanders,
Please I would like to get advise on whether to attend pozman medical school or warsaw med school both in poland or windsor/UMHS medical school in the carribean. I want to attend pozman because its accredited by both new york and carlifornia medical board, and I would like to work in the US upon graduation, while windsor/UMHS which is located in the carribean aren't approved by those boards so u can't practise in all American states only a few, please would like to get info on pozman city, living cost, how the people relate to black etc especially from people in poland.

If you can afford Poznan,i will advice you to go to Poznan.There are lots of foreigners studying medicine in that University,you'll meet students from UK,America,Canada etc.Poznan is a lovely city.There are many Universities in Poznan,so there are lots of foreigners.Nice parks to go to,cheap pubs in the city center if you are into shayo.All in all,you'll enjoy Poznan.
From my experience (i lived there for more than a year) people are generally friendly,have an open mind,make friends with the locals and network.There are few international churches in Poznan if you are a christian.
You can ask more specific questions on valuemd forum :

http://www.valuemd.com/poznan-university-medical-sciences/

or on PUMS facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/PUMS.UMP

Wishing you all the best.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2012
Thank you very much will check these sites as soon as possible
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2012
Do you know anything about warsaw ?
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Davedavy: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
bukahands: Do you know anything about warsaw ?

Warsaw medical college is also a very good school as well as Krakow medical college.They are all highly recognized universities.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2012
Thanks
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by mikkyangel(m): 3:09am On Sep 01, 2012
Bukahands, I lived in warsaw 2yrs,don't know much abt the school though,but its a lovely and peacefull city.sometimes I gett off work(hustling) as late as 1am midnite,and its so so peacefull to walk on d streets of wawa(warsaw).my advice is u should work on both schools and forget abt the carribean. Getting polish visa nowadays is so so difficulf but if u provide admission letter for 2medical schools at the polish embassy Abuja,u stand a better chance.u can make Poznan ur 1st choice.u could even finish even finish ur 1st semester there and move to canada/usa.visa for both countries if u intend to go as a student are so so easy without stress.I did 4 kidney stone suggery in Poland and yes,the doctors they have were trained in America.( All d doctors spoke American English but d nurses hmmmnnn, so sexy nor fit speak english)...- I run things with one sha because she never see black conga b4.(Lol)
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by mikkyangel(m): 3:15am On Sep 01, 2012
Also, when u ar abt to go for d interview, let me know so I can teach you the most common polish greetings and intros,u never know it could help if u communicate with the interviewer at d early stage of ur interview(this could send a message to him dt u are already learning d language)..-t worked for my friend who got his visa last sept,but he spent only 6months there and moved to Canada
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2012
Mikkyangel u be real guy man o, tnx for the advice, I have started the application to both schools but they will only admit by next year for their programme starting in the Falls. I will keep in touch
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by mikkyangel(m): 4:41am On Sep 04, 2012
Good for u bro,u have enough to plan and gather enough cash,I mean when u go use transfer if need be.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Is there anybody on nairaland in windsor medical school
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
I am also planning on windsor.....buh i would like to knw if students are allowed to work and if yes,what type of work,is it part time or weekend,and like how much do students earn in st kitts where windsor is located
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=Dr.'Hesjay]I am also planning on windsor.....buh i would like to knw if students are allowed to work and if yes,what type of work,is it part time or weekend,and like how much do students earn in st kitts where windsor is located[/quote

Me too am going to windsor this september. As for your question NO u can't work there's barely time 8-5 everyday. Windsor is located in st kitts and nevis an island in the Caribbean very close to the US
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
bukahands: ...
oook....seems u knw much about the place.....what of during breaks??,...and r u going 4 d pre med programme or the main mb??
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
D skul is cheap when compared wif u.s and canadian skuls buh does that mean d whole money dat wl b spent for d 10 semesters wl b 4rm our parents??
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Yes the school is cheap compared to US schools but still expensive in general. I will be getting the funds from my parents. I know about the school cos my friends are there. U need about $15,000 school fees and about $8,000 for rent and feeding and oda things. And breaks are about 2 weeks I am going for MD direct I have a degree
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Dats per semester right?...
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Buh i thought d fees was 4990/semsester 4 10 semesters?....clarify pls
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
I gave u d total 4990 time 3 is almost $15000
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
bukahands: I gave u d total 4990 time 3 is almost $15000

3 semesters per year. I think pre med is 3990/semester
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ook..yep..am goin for pre med..its 3990/semster for 3 semsters.....buh they said d fees include acccomodation,lunch,books etc..is it true?
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 1:17am On Mar 02, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Ook..yep..am goin for pre med..its 3990/semster for 3 semsters.....buh they said d fees include acccomodation,lunch,books etc..is it true?

Not totally tru, u get books, food etc by ur self as for accomodation $1000 from the $3990 is actually towards accomodation and u also pay $500 dorm sub charge which totals 1500 for accommodation which is approximately $375/month. And the room charge cud be $600 or more so each month u pay $600 -$375 =225. U cud also decide not to pay the school d $1000 and just pay $2990 in that case u will pay ur full rent by urself eg u pay the $600 monthly
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2013
Ok..i got u boss
so r u planning to pay 4 d accomodation??....or u r planning to pay d $600/month stuff....?
Which one is d cheapest?
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Ok..i got u boss
so r u planning to pay 4 d accomodation??....or u r planning to pay d $600/month stuff....?
Which one is d cheapest?

It still d same thing just dat the school helps u arrange lease/rent agreement with the landlord while if u decide to pay direct u meet the landlord. Am going through d school. There are cheaper rooms though and rent cud b reduced wen u have a room mate

1 Like

Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by justwise(m): 10:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Guys if you are not going to keep the info open here then this thread will be closed.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2013
@
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 10:34am On Mar 02, 2013
@Mr justwise d info has been open since. Anyway its always good to exercise some authority.
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2013
...during pre med,i'l need like $20000....and when i start MD,about $23000 per year 4 3years.....all making nufn less than $90000..
Does it mean that d student wl depend on money coming from parents??.....i would have love it so much if there could b opportunity for work even if its like 5hours in a day so as nt to b too dependent on d parents...
My bro is in d U.K...they paid d money for d first year,and when he got there,he told them nt to worry about d skul fees again,dat he can pay wif d money he is earning.....
Is sumfin like dat nt possible in the carribean?
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
...during pre med,i'l need like $20000....and when i start MD,about $23000 per year 4 3years.....all making nufn less than $90000..
Does it mean that d student wl depend on money coming from parents??.....i would have love it so much if there could b opportunity for work even if its like 5hours in a day so as nt to b too dependent on d parents...
My bro is in d U.K...they paid d money for d first year,and when he got there,he told them nt to worry about d skul fees again,dat he can pay wif d money he is earning.....
Is sumfin like dat nt possible in the carribean?

I really don't think so and am sure ur broda wasn't studying medicine. If u go for masters its possible
Re: POLAND MED Schools (pozman & Warsaw) Versus WINDSOR Medical School by bukahands(m): 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
I think med school in cyprus is cheaper and I think u cud work while schooling there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On Travelling To Obudu And Calabar / Tips On Getting An American Visa From Nigeria / Some Facts You Dont Know About Flying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.