Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How To Get A First Class In University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Get A First Class In University? (1162 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A First Class In University? by bobby2270(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2012
Hi,
Just wanted to share some tips with you about making a First Class CGPA in the university. I got the tips from a friend i observed back in school. She was on a 5.0 CGPA for Three Years in a row. So lets get started.
1. Serve God diligently: Serrving God diliggently gives you a level head so that you find it easy to deal with people. Also it helps you to discern who to walk with and who not to walk with.
2. Be a library rat: Most people with First class read a lot. The friend i mentioned above spent about 3 Hrs in the library every day, 7 Days a week. She does that throughout the semester. But during exams, she plays video games to relax and watches movies because she has already absorbed the course contents over the time she spend reading .
using 3 hrs a day for 12 weeks = 252 Hrs of reading per semester.
3. Read past your reading time: Every time you have nothing to do, just pick up something related to the course and read it. It helps you to stay away from activities that would take you away from your primary focus.

These were the techniques that my friend used.
Feel free to comment.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A First Class In University? by marcangelo(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hmm.. Its a good tip.. Tnks
Re: How To Get A First Class In University? by yetunde01(f): 12:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
Nice one! 10ks

(1) (Reply)

Great Uniben Get New Pro Chancellor. / When You Use Your School Fee On Bae / 2015/2016 Admission Into Ogun State Institute Of Technology(ogitech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.