Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow (14658 Views)

Buhari Receives Officials Of NUPENG And PENGASSAN At State House (Photos) / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Necsy: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
Necsy: i neva said bleep, i said, Bleep nupeg Bleep our leaders
y is nairaland changin my english
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by DrugDoc: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
GEJ and NOI have a golden plan for Nigeria, it's a pity that the NLC, Save Nigeria Group, the North and Southwest decided to destroy it in January. Nigeria Govt has no business subsidizing fuel, these resources belong to our brothers the Ijaw, Ogoni, Ibibio and the rest of Niger Delta. Those of us like me who are not from oil producing communities will still benefit from the royalties/taxes paid by the owners of this oil if things are done properly. Now most Nigerians have joined in the looting, by insisting on fuel subsidy derived from other peoples land. It will never work. The thieves we send to steal and distribute the oil must satisfy themselves first before they give you subsidy. Remove the hand of Government from fuel and things will work much much better for everyone.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
Countryman93: Well Nigerians deserve every bit of the hardship and even more since we have decided that we should not move forward as a people. Like it or not this subsidy removal remains the easiest way of ending this kind of unwarranted strangulation by a click of people. I lost my voice preaching to my brothers and sisters to see the light and handwriting on the wall during the occupy Nigeria madness in January when the masses were used to frustrate and derail a timely opportunity to put Nigeria on a hybrid of transformation. I was nearly lynched by my fellow country men and women.

Not too long Nigerians will awaken to the painstaking realities of building a new Nigeria which can only be birthed by our collective sacrifice and solidarity with good but difficult policies. All over the world no govt is trusted but other people give their govts blind trust allowing them to run their programs and ideas then oppose them when it is not yielding results! But nigerians want a policy that will yield fruits the next day! Even the Israelites had to trek to the promised land. Untill Nigerians learn to give govt a chance we will be in perpetual strangulation of the evil and greedy establishments!

This is not Nupeng but the evil and greedy establishments who have vowed to remain a residuary of power and resources in this country! May God minister to Nigerians to use their strength well! Instead of being deceived easily to keep occupying and blocking their future!

though these oil cabals are holding Nigeria to ransom, how do you expect us to put our trust in a government that is so riddled with graft and inept individuals a government where a minister becomes a billionaire within one year of " service to mankind"? the money derived from the subsidy removal will surely be looted by another set of cabals and more stories aftermath. I believe what this government needs is to gain the trust of the poor masses then solicit for support. such happened in Singapore and can happen here a
so
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
Something is seriously wrong with el-rufia, bakare and all those who are quick shout the misdeed of jona. If their fight is not economically motivated than they are hypocrite
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by sluch333: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
They are all barawos, thieves grin grin grin
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
Cabals mean business. But jona is mean. Now u all can see how occupy nigeria waz fueled. These muMU.PEnG have no reason to embark on industrial action. Nupeng how much did the cabals pay for ur dowry...nansense!!
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Necsy: y is nairaland changin my english
dude ur using strong words like fuc.k,se.x,stup.id. U gerrit?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
Necsy: y is nairaland changin my english
lol. dude ur using strong words like fuc.k,se.x,stup.id. U gerrit?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by mrperfect(m): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
This isn't good story.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by lastpage: 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
Strike has been called-off naah, what else?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by otokx(m): 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
lastpage: Strike has been called-off naah, what else?

Really and to think i went to queue for petrol this evening.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by lastpage: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
noblezone:

The "Occupy Nigeria" jamboree was the handiwork of the "cabal". NUPENG is a small branch of the cabal.

Take it or leave it, Jonathan was right by removing fuel subsidy and majority of Nigerians were deceived just because market forces would determine the price of fuel. Some people claimed there is nothing like subsidy. Where are those people now? i want them to come and confront NUPENG ooo.

Where is "occupy Nigeria"? Let them protest against NUPENG.

You really dont understand when "people say there is NO SUBSIDY"?
Let me take it slowly and in simple parlance:

1.) If it cost say #30 to produce a litre of PMS locally and when we factor-in transportation and storage, everything lands at #50 at the pump. (Total Real Cost). If l then pay #50 for that litre of PMS, l am not enjoying any "subsidy" but lf l pay say #40, l am enjoying a #10 subsidy.

Now, in Nigerians case currently, what we pay at the pumps is TRIPLE the "real cost" of the PMS, when produced locally.

What happens is that some group of "powerful and influential Nigerians" (read: CABAL) got together and formulated a plan whereby our Refineries are destroyed out-rightly or made to produce below "half capacity" and because they have "members in the ruling government, at all times", they ensure the nation never builds New Refineries!

The import of these is to create ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY, so as to pump-up price (Demand and Supply laws).

To give us the illusion that we are been subsidized,

*these Cabal members then set-up PRIVATE Refineries nearby, around the West African sub-region (Guinea, Angola, Ghana, Liberia, e.t.c), after looting our treasury

*They then bunker (steal) our crude oil and refine it at their own "private Refineries".

*These refined crude is now "labelled" IMPORTED PETROL and MUST be sold at "International price" (as against "Real total cost" at "local" production price).

*The same members of these Cabal in government now earmark billions of naira as "SUBSIDY FUND" to be paid to these their "conniving friends" (since they have shares in all these off-shore refineries and help them to STEAL our crude (they dont pay "international price" nor even "local price" for the crude), being refined for us!)

*To compound matters, some of these "subsidy thieves" actually siphon locally produced PMS (from our local refineries working at below capacity), load it unto their ships, set sail for the "seas" and do a U-Turn just off the coast and voila! That PMS starts enjoying "Bonus Subsidy", its now imported PMS!

In summary, the "subsidy" is just a 419 scam between Government officials (Read: "Executive Politicians", NNPC staff) and a few Private Oil company owners (Read: Oando, MRS, and the rest of them) to steal the nation blind.

Now, the government says it does not want to pay "Subsidy" anymore but the "man on the street" says l have never enjoyed any subsidy, ab initio.

The government says "you must buy fuel at #200/litre, if l remove subsidy" but "the man on the street" says "That extra amount you pay-out as subsidy, was not paid to "reduce the price of PMS on my behalf, you only paid it to yourself and your friends". You are just looting us dry in a "very sophisticated scam" you set-up.

Government says "if l remove subsidy and save the x-amount", l will use the money to build more Refineries.
But the "man on the street" says since your "subsidy scam" is all premised on the fact that our own local refineries are rendered obsolete and new ones not built (when was the last Refinery built in Nigeria?), you're just trying to create another scam since you dont need to raise the price of PMS by 500%, to build a new Refinery!

We sell crude oil at the international market, to other nations and we have been doing so at a production rate of 2.2 million barrels per day (averagely) for donkey years; take out of that proceeds and commence the building of at least three refineries. If you had done that, there wont be much left for you to loot, will there?

Any company that wants to "sell PMS" should source for money and build its own Refinery (it does not have to be a very big one) and let it buy crude oil "locally in Nigeria", refine it "locally in Nigeria" and SELL SAME AT "LOCAL PRICE TO NIGERIANS". End of story. Alternatively,let the government build more refineries, if they are not part and parcel of these scam.

You cant say you're a "Petroleum marketer" (like Otedola) and steal our crude, refine it at OBJ's Refinery off W/African coast and then bring it here to sell and still collect "subsidy" or even out-rightly just be collecting subsidy even when no PMS was imported! (that one is another story!).

By "removing a non-existent SUBSIDY" (from the view point of the end-buyer), Jonathan is simply transferring the source/burden of payment (of that phantom subsidy) from Government coffers, to the end-buyer, the common man. THE SCAM IS STILL INTACT!
.....but the "man on the street is being suffocated to death....this is where most commentators "miss the point". (or pretend to miss it anyway!)

If Jonathan wants to do "the right thing" he should have commenced the building of Refineries (set a target of 3yrs for example) and when built and running, SIMPLY ENSURE THAT PETROL SELLS AT THE "REAL LOCAL COST" OF PRODUCTION. of course, that would be at about #40/litre maximum.......but he is a beneficiary of the "scam", so how can he do the obvious?

As for NUPENG, they are just "shouting for their own slice of the scam"!
Remember what Adams Oshiomole did during OBJ's regime? He was then, the NLC President (the father umbrerra grin of all Unions, including NUPENG!).

Having collected his own share of the loot, (that reminds me of Reuben Abatti too!), he invested it wisely and today, his "investments" are yielding fruit, as a STATE GOVERNOR! So, you think the current NUPENG leaders are not as smart as Oshiomole?

Siddon there dey look, train don pass you finish!

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by toluxa1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
its been put on hold
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Countryman93: 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=mitwitdot][/quote]

My brother I quite agree that we ordinarily have no business trusting any ruling establishment in the first place but somehow we still have to be strong enough to give certain things a chance especially when govt is very positive and passionate about a policy like the subsidy thing! I have gone through several thesis and arguments about our petroleum sector and I can bet that someday that subsidy must give way for a difficult but sure path to a sustainable economy no matter how fierce the cabals fight it! Policies developed all the enviable economies today.

Sadly the masses will always receive the horror of all the painstaking surgery that must and will have to be done to heal the incalculable damage of policy disruptions by the mighty shareholders of this country. Be that as it may, we cannot continue taking Panadol for the same ailment for eternity even when a new doctor performs a thorough diagnosis of the ailment and is convinced beyond all doubts that a painstaking surgery is the surest healing in the long run. The promise of a new Nigeria is in the collective resolve of the people to make relentless sacrifices in the face of difficulty.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Bukkyade: 11:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
Countryman93:

My brother I quite agree that we ordinarily have no business trusting any ruling establishment in the first place but somehow we still have to be strong enough to give certain things a chance especially when govt is very positive and passionate about a policy like the subsidy thing! I have gone through several thesis and arguments about our petroleum sector and I can bet that someday that subsidy must give way for a difficult but sure path to a sustainable economy no matter how fierce the cabals fight it! Policies developed all the enviable economies today.

Sadly the masses will always receive the horror of all the painstaking surgery that must and will have to be done to heal the incalculable damage of policy disruptions by the mighty shareholders of this country. Be that as it may, we cannot continue taking Panadol for the same ailment for eternity even when a new doctor performs a thorough diagnosis of the ailment and is convinced beyond all doubts that a painstaking surgery is the surest healing in the long run. The promise of a new Nigeria is in the collective resolve of the people to make relentless sacrifices in the face of difficulty.

The issue is that many Nigerians don't even want to reason objectively about this subsidy issue. For them, govt just wants to increase fuel price hence they must be opposed.
Can you imagine this useless situation where the cabal is holding us to ransome because of subsidy?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Zutchy: 1:00am On Aug 23, 2012
This is simply the fallout of what the Finance Minister was saying when she said we needed to scrap this subsidy thing,we need to build our own new refineries,"which if what I hear is true,the Govt has started doing",and upgrade the existing ones to full capacity,if we refine our crude here,the price of fuel will be cheaper,after all our crude is Bonny light which is easier and cheaper to refine than Brent crude,if only people had listened by now what we will be holding the govt accountable for will be the provision of new refineries,we would have been discussing another story by now,you know "moving ahead" but now we are stuck with ths problem,old news.Let them scrap this thing once and for all let us hear word.All those that participated and went out on the streets to occupy Nigeria,I hope you guys are feeling gratified and satisfied now,this is your reward abi,a stab in the back by the same people that called you out into the streets.you now know who is for you and who is against you
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by EagleNest(m): 5:01am On Aug 23, 2012
NUPENG is a shame! They are now a readily available tool to fight FG.
It's time GOVT do sth about them.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by dedeike: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2012
Gradually, the NLC and NUPENG is betraying their interest in this whole subsidy drama.
It will be recalled that in January, labour had gone on strike over govt's decision to withdraw subsidy. Both NLC and civil society groups called for a probe of the massive fraud in the subsidy regime.
The Fg heeded the calls and inaugurated the AIG IMOUKHEDE committee which probed the sector and indicted 25 oil marketers.
Shockingly, since after the FG resolved not to pay further subsidy payments to those indicted, NUPENG constituted itself to the advocates of these indicted oil cabal.
NLC has made a somersault to equally back these oil fraudsters insisting that it is their rights to be paid.
My question then is, which way Nigeria?
Let's close this window of corruption called subsidy. NO.
Let's punish those indicted in the subsidy scam. No otherwise we go on strike.
SMH*

1 Like

Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by mobious(f): 7:29am On Aug 23, 2012
It's normal to go on strike.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by mobious(f): 7:33am On Aug 23, 2012
It's normal to go on strike.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Mandelaguy(m): 7:33am On Aug 23, 2012
dedeike: Gradually, the NLC and NUPENG is betraying their interest in this whole subsidy drama.
It will be recalled that in January, labour had gone on strike over govt's decision to withdraw subsidy. Both NLC and civil society groups called for a probe of the massive fraud in the subsidy regime.
The Fg heeded the calls and inaugurated the AIG IMOUKHEDE committee which probed the sector and indicted 25 oil marketers.
Shockingly, since after the FG resolved not to pay further subsidy payments to those indicted, NUPENG constituted itself to the advocates of these indicted oil cabal.
NLC has made a somersault to equally back these oil fraudsters insisting that it is their rights to be paid.
My question then is, which way Nigeria?
Let's close this window of corruption called subsidy. NO.
Let's punish those indicted in the subsidy scam. No otherwise we go on strike.
SMH*
My brother,this is getting totally absurd. A group of people are @ the background,pulling strings and taking us for puppets. How can the oil marketers be blind to the fact that they are been used for tactical manipulation and blackmail. These so called patriots (NUPENG and NLC) are determined to grind the economy to a halt for their selfish gains....this cannot continue,let this subsidy thing be totally scrapped!
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by karpentar: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2012
@bomijuwon: i guess the CEO of Capital oil is from the Moon. but his name sound igbo or maybe God of Theif in Igbo Lang. Foool.

Capital oil? What a stupid match up to gigantic thieving Yoruba and hausa fuel subsidy cabals. You must be the type that could compare water bubble to ocean! eidiot!! Where are those Oles called Bakare and Falana…..can they occupy Nigeria against oil yoruba thieves and NUGENG collaborators? No, they won’t, Yoruba tribalistic activists.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by floridam(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2012
Did I hear esele yesterday saying the strike is uncalled for?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by pmonkz(m): 8:24am On Aug 23, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Oya we dey wait for the strike o.
undecidedOya we dey wait for the strike o.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by greaterlove(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2012
A lot of comments on the stupidity of nupeng, someone even did an analysis to prove there is no subsidy in the first place, those who hold such views do not know anything about the crude oil buisness and that nnpc still buys at the international price set by opec. Until we stop trying to eat our cake and have it in this country, until we stop speaking from the two corners of our mouth we will never move forward. The solution to all this drama is that government should remove anything called subsidy, I have said this many times on nairaland and I will keep on saying it, goodluck ebele jonathan it is high time you remove anything called subsidy from pms.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by jpphilips(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2012
jamace: Why is NUPENG concerned about SUBSIDY PAYMENT TO FUEL IMPORTERS? Has NUPENG been bought over by the oil cabals?

are you sure you know what NUPENG is?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by hardbody: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2012
Today is the tomorrow that you guys talked about yesterday and i just pumped fuel from a station at Awolowo Road, so where is the strike?
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by jpphilips(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2012
VUVUZELA10: The government that can break the chain of blackmail will probably be best. NUPENG beware.

who told you there is a black mail? must you believe whatever this incompetent administration throws at you? cant you take a deep breath and think?

how can a responsible Govt tie down trillions from independent marketers mostly bank loans with multiplying interest rates because its going through a verification process?

do you ever think? have you done business in your life? last year they said its cabal, now its blackmail, when will you wake up to the reality that your Govt is rogue, when?

how long does it take to verify a payment process? all the Govt employees in the ministry of finance, what are they doing? you are a kid

1 Like

Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: Fhuck NUPENG!!

I have 300 litres of petrol in my house already!!

bros take am easy o. n a sincere note when are we going to remove ourselves from these people NUPENG go on strike if rain no fall, if sun too much na strike. they are just interested in suffering the ordinary man.they were the one that ask govt to probe oil marketers,now that is been done the next thing na strike.One day them go go strike because their chairman wife no fit get belle o.
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by jpphilips(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2012
coolted: Is these all? Where is nairaland that always have a tin against Gej. Why not stand up against these blackmailers. Common sense dictates that u have to clear outstanding debt b4 u can open another but for their greed...
2moro they'll cook rice n some chiken for touts who would come out massive to support their greed. Mtcheeeeee!

u dey mind them?

most people here don't even know a thing about the country they live in, pathetic!!! so boisterous with irrelevant comments, some don't even know the difference between oil importation and NUPENG, leaders of tomorrow indeed!! SMH
Re: Nupeng To Start Strike Tomorrow by jpphilips(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2012
fr_evangel: Now it is clear that the oil cabal was behind the strike in January. They want to distabilize the subsidy scam prosecution.

you will understand the truth when you grow up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"APC Akida" Group Emerges In Kaduna / Imo APC Group Blasts Okorocha, Condemns Endorsements Of Uche Nwosu / Oshodi-Apapa: You Can’t Evict Us, Truck Drivers, Touts Dare Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.