Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor (5370 Views)

Idoma People Welcome David Mark Today In Otukpo, Benue State(pics / Igala People Of Kogi State Protesting.. / Picture Of New Biafra Map Covering PH,CALABER,IGALA,EDO AND IDOMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by EzeUche(m): 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
[img]http://whoruleswhere.files./2010/11/657px-nigeria_benin_cameroon_languages.png[/img]

The similarities in our languages is just too common to say that we did not descend from a common ancestor. So in essence, we are all brothers and sisters who came from the same family tree.

Our languages diverged and now we have different groups.

This is a secret that no one wants to discuss but it is staring at us.

We do not descend from any group in the Middle East. Our ancestors came from Central Africa near the source of the White Nile.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by EzeUche(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Now the Ijaw are simply a mystery to me. Anyone who has heard Ijaw being spoken will tell you that is unlike any language they have heard in Nigeria.

The Ijaw may have been present in Nigeria (region) longer than any other group.

I have heard that their language is similar to the Dogon people of Mali.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
the idomas nd igalas are brothers no doubt. but we are not brothers with the yorubas and igbos. if we share same words, then its becos we have lived close to each other for so long. remember there are thousands of words that are dissimilar. but the idomas and igalas are brothers that we know for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2020
EzeUche:
[img]http://whoruleswhere.files./2010/11/657px-nigeria_benin_cameroon_languages.png[/img]

The similarities in our languages is just too common to say that we did not descend from a common ancestor. So in essence, we are all brothers and sisters who came from the same family tree.

We do not descend from any group in the Middle East. Our ancestors came from Central Africa near the source of the White Nile.

Did they pop out of the ground in central Africa? You do not bother to find out how the came to the regions of the nile which is actually lower Egypt. Abi you dey fear?
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2020
EzeUche:
Now the Ijaw are simply a mystery to me. Anyone who has heard Ijaw being spoken will tell you that is unlike any language they have heard in Nigeria.

The Ijaw may have been present in Nigeria (region) longer than any other group.

I have heard that their language is similar to the Dogon people of Mali.

Mali was home to ancient Israelites who established the Mali empire.

Zephaniah 3:10
[10]From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

1 Share

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by butterfly777(m): 1:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
I don't think we have common ancestors. The similarity is as a result of longtime interaction.

Our forefathers have been interacting over the centuries. It is natural that our languages will share some words. Just as we now have many English words in Nigerian languages. That does not now mean that Nigerian tribes have have common ancestry with the British.

Long term interaction will naturally cause some level of integration.

1 Like

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Emedu(m): 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
please give me similarities between Igbo and yoruba? I know of Edo, Yoruba and Igala.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Zooposki(f): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
donnie:

Mali was home to ancient Israelites who established the Mali empire.

Zephaniah 3:10
[10]From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

The Atlantic Ocean was known as the Ethiopian River. Present day Ethiopia was Abyssinia. Whole of Africa was Ethiopia, so your picture makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
EzeUche:

[s]The similarities in our languages is just too common to say that we did not descend from a common ancestor. So in essence, we are all brothers and sisters who came from the same family tree.

[/s]

Hope you are eating this period of covid-19 because na only hunger will force someone to write this trash..

Not only ancestors but ancestry.

I now read a whole lot of nonsense this days on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
Emedu:
please give me similarities between Igbo and yoruba? I know of Edo, Yoruba and Igala.

None.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
donnie:

Did they pop out of the groud in central Africa. Why not bother to find out how the came to the regions of the nile which is actually lower Egypt. Abi you dey fear?

What the rationale behind digging up a thread of about 8 years..

Are you okay?
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by IMAliyu(m): 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
Niger-congo language family.

Unlike the Afro-Asiatic language family of the north.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by mcbreeze: 1:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
the idomas nd igalas are brothers no doubt. but we are not brothers with the yorubas and igbos. if we share same words, then its becos we have lived close to each other for so long. remember there are thousands of words that are dissimilar. but the idomas and igalas are brothers that we know for sure.

You are wrong. Igala cannot say their history without mentioning Igbo, the same with Igbo nation. I don't know about Idoma but you need to your research

2 Likes

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Exmilitant(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
All blacks have a common ancestory. Short and simple.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Izigha(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Op want to start yeye fight. Those that believe the Bible it said we are all descendants of Adam and Eve full stop.

1 Like

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Corrinthians(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
Why are Igbos the ones always coming up with these attachment theories? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Sammy07: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Hope you are eating this period of covid-19 because na only hunger will force someone to write this trash..

Not only ancestors but ancestry.

I now read a whole lot of nonsense this days on nairaland

The thread was created 8 yrs ago
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by nokatakata: 2:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
There is no single similarity between igbos and Yorubas. You will only find similarities between Yorubas and Edos, jaws, warri, Benin republic, Kogi.

1 Like

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by gidgiddy: 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
nokatakata:
There is no single similarity between igbos and Yorubas. You will only find similarities between Yorubas and Edos, jaws, warri, Benin republic, Kogi.

I dont thint there is any similarity Igbo has with Yoruba although I know that Goat is 'Ewure' in Yoruba while it is 'Ewu'
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Are you okay?

You are the one who doesn't seem well. Why will a thread asking sensible questions and with only a few posts be ignored. Such passiveness is what you carry along even in your response to bad leadership. Hoping that things will turn our right by themselves.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 6:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
gidgiddy:

I dont thint there is any similarity Igbo has with Yoruba although I know that Goat is 'Ewure' in Yoruba while it is 'Ewu'

There are many similarities in thier oral history, language and culture. Seek and you'll find.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
butterfly777:
I don't think we have common ancestors. The similarity is as a result of longtime interaction.

Our forefathers have been interacting over the centuries. It is natural that our languages will share some words. Just as we now have many English words in Nigerian languages. That does not now mean that Nigerian tribes have have common ancestry with the British.

Long term interaction will naturally cause some level of integration.

Who said they have common ancestry with British?
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
Zooposki:

The Atlantic Ocean was known as the Ethiopian River. Present day Ethiopia was Abyssinia. Whole of Africa was Ethiopia, so your picture makes no sense.

There was Egypt (KEMET/Mitsrayim), Lybia (Phut) and Ethiopia (Kush) in the land currently refered to as Africa. Ethiopia was actually the largest portion.

And you're wrong. Can you show me ancient maps where that ocean was called a river? There's a difference between a sea/ocean and a river even in the Hebrew language. The rivers of Ethiopia are within the continent of Africa. Eg. The nile.

Upper Ethiopia was from Central to Southern Africa, and Lower Ethiopia was Negroland/ Soudan which stretched from East to West below the Sahara. The people of the bible currently dominate these regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Ogilinsaka: 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
Another deluded topic from an indomie generation kid.
Igbo this, Igbo that... Everyday and night.

1 Like

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Armaggedon: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
donnie:

There are many similarities in thier oral history, language and culture. Seek and you'll find.
similarity is different from common ancestry. Yes,there is no similarity BTW Igbo and Yoruba except for some known words which sound similar which is quite normal for ethnic groups who are nearly contiguous.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by donnie(m): 11:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Are you okay?

I didn't dig up nothing. Was just doing some google search and this came up as one of the results. Abeg rest, you obviously are not well.

1 Like

Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by googi: 2:54am On Apr 26, 2020
Let them deny one another all they want, objective researchers see no concrete difference between them.

Inferiority complex attached people you have no link to as your relatives as they soundly reject your black ass and suppressed brain.

Kwotinu
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by MetaPhysical: 6:15am On Apr 26, 2020
EzeUche:

You cant say just because I have the same denture with the boy down the street and the one two streets over that we are all from same father, when the other features that make up our physicalness is remarkably in contrast.
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by iAmViper(m): 6:30am On Apr 26, 2020
Yoruba, Igala, edo, ijaw, are all O.M.O.L.U.A.B.I
WHY INCLUDING igbo?
THE EARTH IS SPHERICAL NAH
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by Alexanity(m): 6:47am On Apr 26, 2020
I hope the guy who made the post 8 years ago is still on nairaland, the post be wan blow lately
Re: Igbos,yoruba, Idoma, Igala, Edo & Nupe - Have A Common Ancestor by iAmViper(m): 6:51am On Apr 26, 2020
Yoruba, Igala, edo, ijaw, nupe are in SPHERICAL EARTH
WHY INCLUDING igbo?
ABI YOU WAN MAKE I'TALK?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Blackman Is Behind!!!the Flying Car Has Finally Arrived / My Sympathy For APC Nairaland / Amaechi Replies Tony Okocha: "Hunger Will Kill You!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.