Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 (17081 Views)

Manchester United Vs Newcastle (0 - 0) On 22nd August 2015 / Arsenal Vs Reading: FA Cup (2 - 1) On 18th April 2015 / Atletico Madrid Vs Real Madrid: Spanish Super Cup (1 - 0) On 22nd August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by MrBentleyLP(m): 2:30am On Aug 23, 2012
I hope he continues dat way sha, 6 assists already? Dats something o!
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 6:07am On Aug 23, 2012
Super1759: Now am certain HAZARD IS gonna win the world best soon in chelsea. The guy will beat messi,am sure
World bests don't come from the premiership especially not Chelsea If you want to be a world best you hve to go to spain. Anyways, there's nothing wrong in dreaming
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 23, 2012
Afam4eva Last time I checked C.Ronaldo won the world best player from d premiership so I think Hazard still has the potential to grab it if he continues to "up" his game.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by DExplorer1: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2012
THE FEAR of HAZARD is the BEGINNING of DEFENDER's WISDOM Can't wait to spit on ManU face as usual grin In CHELSEA, ANY PLAYER CAN SCORE
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2012
Torres nid to get his act 2geda or na bench dey wait am
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by ezesun(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2012
My_Time: Afam4eva Last time I checked C.Ronaldo won the world best player from d premiership so I think Hazard still has the potential to grab it if he continues to "up" his game.
hun oga! U gat sence jare. Dont mind him, may b he belongs to "ajegbodo". Hazarrrrrrd very inteligent and who value asist than scorin. Since everybody can score at chelsea, then am waiting for a super b score from mikel and asist 4rm obi.
Up bluzzzzzzzzz
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Leemak: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2012
up blues!!!.....haters b warned, champions league holders are on course again.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2012
My_Time: Afam4eva Last time I checked C.Ronaldo won the world best player from d premiership so I think Hazard still has the potential to grab it if he continues to "up" his game.
Apart from C Ronaldo, who else has won it?
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
World bests don't come from the premiership especially not Chelsea If you want to be a world best you hve to go to spain. Anyways, there's nothing wrong in dreaming
shut up!
What do you know about football?
Which league did ronaldo got his world best.
That was how you said,chelsea will not win the UCL because they have no 'history'.
Infact,i believe if hazard has an impart in england and europe,as messi does in spain and europe,he will win it ,especially with the help of the british press.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Maxxme(m): 8:44am On Aug 23, 2012
Reading was good. The offside goal nain kill them
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 8:47am On Aug 23, 2012
Leemak: up blues!!!.....haters b warned, champions league holders are on course again.
for us to win the UCL,we need cavani or djemba ba,azpilicueta,moses,and fellaini or tiote.
We are lacking in some key areas.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: shut up!
What do you know about football?
Which league did ronaldo got his world best.
That was how you said,chelsea will not win the UCL because they have no 'history'.
Infact,i believe if hazard has an impart in england and europe,as messi does in spain and europe,he will win it ,especially with the help of the british press.

afam4eva:
Apart from C Ronaldo, who else has won it in the premiership?
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 8:50am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: for us to win the UCL,we need cavani,azpilicueta,moses,and fellaini or tiote.
We are lacking in some key areas.
You want to win UCL again? You must think your're Barca or Real madrid. You better give another 40 years. lol grin...Umu Chelsea ga e gbu mmadu na obodo nka.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

it dosen't matter if ronaldo was the only winner,as long as it proves that someone in the league can win it.
Besides hazard has a higher ceiling than ronaldo.
He has the potential to be far greater than ronaldo,and he is just 21.
A lot will depend on how well he performs in Europe,though.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by andyolo(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2012
Well done boys!!!.... Offside goal not noticed by match officials cann win a club a football match, therefore Torres goal was one of such. Up Bluessssssss
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
You want to win UCL again? You must think your're Barca or Real madrid. You better give another 40 years. lol grin...Umu Chelsea ga e gbu mmadu na obodo nka.
oh pls!
There is nothing special about those teams.
Barcelona are very monotonous with their 'tiki-taka',and can be eaily furstrated,if you have a disciplined team and a tactical and sound coach,you can ask chelsea and madrid.
The only team i see is madrid,due to the unpredictable style of play, especially due to a coach like mourinho that can adopt some very un-conventional methods,but then no team is unbeatable.
You can ask bayern munich,how they defeated r.madrid in almost every aspect of the game.
Believe me,if chelsea get those players i listed,only God can stop them from winning the champions league.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: oh pls!
There is nothing special about those teams.
Barcelona are very monotonous with their 'tiki-taka',and can be eaily furstrated,if you have a disciplined team and a tactical and sound coach,you can ask chelsea and madrid.
The only team i see is madrid,due to the unpredictable style of play, especially due to a coach like mourinho that can adopt some very un-conventional methods,but then no team is unbeatable.
You can ask bayern munich,how they defeated r.madrid in almost every aspect of the game.
Believe me,if chelsea get those players i listed,only God can stop them from winning the champions league.
Who's saying that no team is unbeatable? But if rather fooolish of anyone to compare a midget like Chelsea with teams like Real Madric, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC MIlan, Juventus etal. Chelsea should better focus their attention on the premiership and carling cup because last year's UCL win was just by a stroke of luck. Afterall Nottingham forest has also won it bit never will it repeat itself except those clubs i listed become extinct.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Who's saying that no team is unbeatable? But if rather fooolish of anyone to compare a midget like Chelsea with teams like Real Madric, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, AC MIlan, Juventus etal. Chelsea should better focus their attention on the premiership and carling cup because last year's UCL win was just by a stroke of luck. Afterall Nottingham forest has also won it bit never will it repeat itself except those clubs i listed become extinct.
on what basis are you saying it wont happen again?
You are using past glory to qualify teams?
SMH.
Mancity with no history,will defeat almost all the teams you listed,home and away.
You said chelsea were lucky?
Who dosent need luck in thd UCL?
Was luck doing the scoring?
Was it not luck and horrendous refereeing that made barca defeat chelsea in 2008?
You also mentioned nottingham.
The difference between chelsea and nottingham is that unlike nottingham,chelsea have an enormous financial base,great academy(the best academy in England,with two consecutive F.A YOUTH CUP in two years),massive fan base,and competent administrators.
They can only get better,and the future can only get brighter.
They are making history.!
They are already the 4th most succesful team in England,and within 10-20 years,they would have surpassed most European teams in success.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2012
I laugh in spanish.... Someone lost his car betting that Chelsea can never win d champions league with barca, madrid and Bayern in the semi finals last season. Blues are in to shock their critics again this season. Up Blues. All chelsea fans in da house three gboza for da blues. Gboza! Gboza!! Gbozaaaaa!!!
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: on what basis are you saying it wont happen again?
You are using past glory to qualify teams?
SMH.
Mancity with no history,will defeat almost all the teams you listed,home and away.
You said chelsea were lucky?
Who dosent need luck in thd UCL?
Was luck doing the scoring?
Was it not luck and horrendous refereeing that made barca defeat chelsea in 2008?
You also mentioned nottingham.
The difference between chelsea and nottingham is that unlike nottingham,chelsea have an enormous financial base,great academy(the best academy in England,with two consecutive F.A YOUTH CUP in two years),massive fan base,and competent administrators.
They can only get better,and the future can only get brighter.
They are making history.!
They are already the 4th most succesful team in England,and within 10-20 years,they would have surpassed most European teams in success.
Mancity will beat those teams home and away?? Are you fvcking kidding yaself?

It's a shame that you english premiership fans are deluded about the level of the game in england. You're always quick to say that the premiership is the best and most exciting in the world yet teams in spain win the UCL year-in year-out with a few occasions where other teams just nick it.

I repeat that Chelsea cannot win the champions league for at least 20 years. Their financial muscle counts for little except they can boast of not just the kind of players in Barca and Madrid but also the philosophy of football which is favourable to Iberian and Latin teams. You just said it yourself, Chealsea is the fouth most succesful team in England and you want to compare them with the bests in the world that the best in Englan can barely stand up against them.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

It's a shame that you english premiership fans are deluded about the level of the game in england. You're always quick to say that the premiership is the best and most exciting in the world yet teams in spain win the UCL year-in year-out with a few occasions where other teams just nick it.

I repeat that Chelsea cannot win the champions league for at least 20 years. Their financial muscle counts for little except they can boast of not just the kind of players in Barca and Madrid but also the philosophy of football which is favourable to Iberian and Latin teams. You just said it yourself, Chealsea is the fouth most succesful team in England and you want to compare them with the bests in the world that the best in Englan can barely stand up against them.
yes!
Mancity have a stronger team than most of those teams,save maybe madrid and barcelona.
The only success story of la-liga,as far as am concerned is barcelona,they are the only spanish team sharing the UCL trophy with english teams in recent times.
The best players in Madrid were not made in spain,but bought from other leagues for insane amount of money,which is what mancity and to some extent chelsea are doing.
The success of r.madrid was bought with money.
Another reason,why barca and madrid are more successful is due to the un-even sharing formula in spain.
It has rendered all he other spanish teams useless,and has made barca and madrid more wealthier than all the european teams,thereby giving them advantage in the transfer market.
That is one reason,why EPL will always be more competitive and exciting than la-liga.
Imagine,if the english F.A adopted the spanish system of sharing revenues,the domination of teams like madrid and barca will decline rapidly,and teams like manu,arsenal,chelsea will take over the transfer market.
The fact that chelsea is the 4th most successful team in England,does not mean they are the 4th best team.
Mancity are not even in the 20th successful team in England,but they won the Epl,making them the best team in England for that year.
Stop judging football based on history.
History belongs to the historians.
Football is played on the pitch,not on the history books.!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

yes!
Mancity have a stronger team than most of those teams,save maybe madrid and barcelona.
The only success story of la-liga,as far as am concerned is barcelona,they are the only spanish team sharing the UCL trophy with english teams in recent times.
The best players in Madrid were not made in spain,but bought from other leagues for insane amount of money,which is what mancity and to some extent chelsea are doing.
Another reason,why barca and madrid are more successful is due to the un-even sharing formula in spain.
It has rendered all he other spanish teams useless,and has made barca and madrid more wealthier than all the european teams,thereby giving them advantage in the transfer market.
That is one reason,why EPL will always be more competitive and exciting than la-liga.
Imagine,if the english F.A adopted the spanish system of sharing revenues,the domination of teams like madrid and barca will decline rapidly,and teams like manu,arsenal,chelsea will take over the transfer market.
The fact that chelsea is the 4th most successful team in England,does not mean they are the 4th best team.
Mancity are not even in the 20th successful team in England,but they won the Epl,making them the best team in England for that year.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by monosetale: 10:18am On Aug 23, 2012
*Wait make I talk my own* chelsea has hazardously turned reading τ̅☺ cramming..blue is the color
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: yes!
Pls which money are you talking about that is being shared to teams in spain? Whatever Barca and Madrid have, they got through hardwork and dedication. The fact that those two teams have dominated spain for a long time now is not because those other clubs are not good but because those two are just exceptional. That explains why they've produced a lot of world bests. I've always said that if you bring those two teams to play in the premiership, they'll contunue dominating like they do in la liga and clubs like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Aresenal and Liverpool will have to drag for third place with teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol etc. You may see spanish teams in the top four. Pls let's not even compare the premiership with the Spanish League. Even after the spanish league, i'll give it to the Italian league even though they don't have as much money as the other leagues. The EPL should be comparing themselves with the Herman Bundesliga and the Ducth league.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2012
Chelsea have only played against relegation teams and they are already singing Hazard praises,. na waoooo.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls which money are you talking about that is being shared to teams in spain? Whatever Barca and Madrid have, they got through hardwork and dedication. The fact that those two teams have dominated spain for a long time now is not because those other clubs are not good but because those two are just exceptional. That explains why they've produced a lot of world bests. I've always said that if you bring those two teams to play in the premiership, they'll contunue dominating like they do in la liga and clubs like Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Aresenal and Liverpool will have to drag for third place with teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Espanyol etc. You may see spanish teams in the top four. Pls let's not even compare the premiership with the Spanish League. Even after the spanish league, i'll give it to the Italian league even though they don't have as much money as the other leagues. The EPL should be comparing themselves with the Herman Bundesliga and the Ducth league.
LMAO!
And what makes madrid and barca special?
Is it not the players?
All the great players that madrid has over the years,how many were discovered in spain?
Were the zidanes,carlos,rivaldos,figos,ronaldos,oezils,kakas,higuahns,benzemas,e.t.c. discovered in spain?Were they not bought with money?
You said madrid and barca got their success through hard work?
SMH.
What hard work?,when they are cönsuming the bulk of laliga revenue leaving the rest to suffer.
Malaga is bankrupt,and their president was complaining bitterly about the sharing revenue,same with valencia,and getafe.
The biggest debts in club football are that of barca and madrid.
They keep on borrowing from banks,huge sums of money they dont have to retain their fake european dominance.
They are one of the people,responsible for the near collapse of the spanish economy.
The only way barca amd madrid will dominate in Epl is if they keep on earning the insane amount of money they make in laliga at the deteriment of the other teams.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: LMAO!
And what makes madrid and barca special?
Is it not the players?
All the great players that madrid has over the years,how many were discovered in spain?
Were the zidanes,carlos,rivaldos,figos,ronaldos,oezils,kakas,higuahns,benzemas,e.t.c. discovered in spain?Were they not bought with money?
You said madrid and barca got their success through hard work?
SMH.
What hard work?,when they are cönsuming the bulk of laliga revenue leaving the rest to suffer.
Malaga is bankrupt,and their president was complaining bitterly about the sharing revenue,same with valencia,and getafe.
The biggest debts in club football are that of barca and madrid.
They keep on borrowing from banks,huge sums of money they dont have to retain their fake european dominance.
They are one of the people,responsible for the near collapse of the spanish economy.
The only way barca amd madrid will dominate in Epl is if they keep on earning the insane amount of money they make in laliga at the deteriment of the other teams.
It's not just the players in Barca and Madrid that make them special rather it's their football tradition. They have an ideology that guides them into signing players that suit the style of play of these clubs. The players are just secondary.

A club is a business entity and doesn't have to discover players. They can buy any player as long as they have the money. Tell me any club that has discovered any player. Apart from those players you mentioned, a sizeable number of the current barcelona squad came from their academy. Now tell me how many chelsea players came from their academy?

I'm still trying to understand what you mean by Barca and Madrid collect money more than other clubs in spain. Is it the money they get from endorsements and the competitions they win or are they been given free money by the FA or the government. Pls be lucid enough.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by cuteypooch(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:
It's not just the players in Barca and Madrid that make them special rather it's their football tradition. They have an ideology that guides them into signing players that suit the style of play of these clubs. The players are just secondary.

A club is a business entity and doesn't have to discover players. They can buy any player as long as they have the money. Tell me any club that has discovered any player. Apart from those players you mentioned, a sizeable number of the current barcelona squad came from their academy. Now tell me how many chelsea players came from their academy?

I'm still trying to understand what you mean by Barca and Madrid collect money more than other clubs in spain. Is it the money they get from endorsements and the competitions they win or are they been given free money by the FA or the government. Pls be lucid enough.

It seems you don't know anything about broadcast revenues. In Spain, barca and Madrid take huge chunk of the revenues. Hence the gap between them and the rest. But in premiership, this revenue is evenly shared between clubs which is why it is more competitive.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2012
cuteypooch:

It seems you don't know anything about broadcast revenues. In Spain, barca and Madrid take huge chunk of the revenues. Hence the gap between them and the rest. But in premiership, this revenue is evenly shared between clubs which is why it is more competitive.
So, apart from this broadcast revenue there's not other way those clubs can make money? Let them keep looking for handout when Madrid and barca are making a killing from endorsements and winning competitions.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by solomon111(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva:

what ideology are you talking about?Are you saying a team cannot enjoy sustained success without using the spanish football ideology?
What makes the spanish ideology better than other ideologies.
Where was tiki-taka when juventus,liverpool,milan,inter b.munich e.t.c. Were winning the UCL?
R.madrid did not win their 9 UCL with tiki-taka,it was more of a direct attacking and proactive football.The kind of football you will see in the Epl.
There are different football ideologies,and the best one is the one that works for you.
So,because barca have enjoyed some period of success,then tiki-taka is the best way to football?
It is people like you that term some people's football as 'anti-football',just because it does not conform with your opinion of how football should be played.
As far as am concerned,the worst football you can play is that of barca,which focuses on boring the other team players,the neutral fans to death,with unnecessary passes and zero direct play, save platini,and blatter.
Different teams with different football ideologies,have enjoyed sustained periods of success,so ease off on the barcelona or spanish ideology is the best,which you are always implying.
Re: Chelsea Vs Reading (4 - 2) On 22nd August 2012 by Afam4eva(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
solomon111: what ideology are you talking about?Are you saying a team cannot enjoy sustained success without using the spanish football ideology?
What makes the spanish ideology better than other ideologies.
Where was tiki-taka when juventus,liverpool,milan,inter b.munich e.t.c. Were winning the UCL?
R.madrid did not win their 9 UCL with tiki-taka,it was more of a direct attacking and proactive football.The kind of football you will see in the Epl.
There are different football ideologies,and the best one is the one that works for you.
So,because barca have enjoyed some period of success,then tiki-taka is the best way to football?
It is people like you that term some people's football as 'anti-football',just because it does not conform with your opinion of how football should be played.
As far as am concerned,the worst football you can play is that of barca,which focuses on boring the other team players,the neutral fans to death,with unnecessary passes and zero direct play, save platini,and blatter.
Different teams with different football ideologies,have enjoyed sustained periods of success,so ease off on the barcelona or spanish ideology is the best,which you are always implying.
When did i ever mention tiki-taka as the ideology that i was referring to? Does Real madrid even play tiki-taka? What i'm saying is that the ideology of these two clubs(which are not the same) are richer than that of most teams in europe. That's why you don't see Barcelona buying players like Yakubu Ayegbeini and Ruud Va nisteroy and that's why most of their players come from the latin world that shares a similar ideology to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 7th October 2018 / Crystal Palace Vs Chelsea (1 - 4) On 10th April 2021 / Manchester United Vs Norwich City (1 - 2) On 19th December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.