Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,206 members, 7,842,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo (877 Views)

Buhari, Dogara Meet Over Saraki’s Trial / Oritsejafor Snubbed As Sultan, Oonaiyekan Others Meet Over 2015-elections / Northern Senators Meet Over Igbo Domination In Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by miteolu(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
The Consumer Protection Council (CPC) is to meet with MTN over the latter’s recharge and win promotion.

Mr Abiodun Obimuyiwa, the Deputy Director, Public Relations, CPC, who made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Wednesday, did not disclose the date of the proposed meeting.

MTN had on August 17, in Lagos, launched the Ultimate Wonder, a new customer-based ‘recharge and win’ promo.

Customers are expected to win weekly cash prizes while the ultimate winner would go home with a Cessna 182TAeroplane in a grand prize presentation in October.

Obimuyiwa said the issue had agitated a lot of minds, adding that the council was concerned about it. “We have sent a letter to them and they have agreed to come for a meeting.’’

The deputy director however, said that “there is a pending court case on sales promotion between MTN and CPC as a result of which MTN did subject its promotions to CPC.’’

He added that reports from the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON) showed that there was a 400,000 dollars invoice from MTN meant for the winner of the aircraft. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/cpc-mtn-to-meet-over-recharge-and-win-aircraft-promo/
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by deife(m): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
Can anyone tell me why I'm so sceptical about this brand new aircraft 'gift'?
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by Tocheagle(m): 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
I no trust dem o. Mtn is never 100% sincere

1 Like

Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by deife(m): 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
Tocheagle: I no trust dem o. Mtn is never 100% sincere

You can say that again!
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by floriana(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
What if 'Imam' Abubakar Shekau, boko haram's spiritual leader wins this aircraft?
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by inteli: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
floriana: What if 'Imam' Abubakar Shekau, boko haram's spiritual leader wins this aircraft?
Guy! u no go kill me wit laughter. I swear!
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by ariy(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
MTN want to dash customer aircraft which has already won by their staff.
Re: CPC, MTN To Meet Over “recharge And Win Aircraft’’ Promo by OPEYEMIAD(m): 8:49pm On Aug 22, 2012
@Jarus and co, until i ask u to move dis to front page abi?

(1) (Reply)

"It Will Not Kill U To Admit That Power Supply Reached A Record Peak Last Month! / Full List Of The Awarded, Status and Class ( How Many Of Them Are Worthy?) / Why Is Chinua Achebe Dragging Yorubas Into Igbo-hausa Feud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.