Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season (959 Views)

The Perfect Way To Wear Red Lipstick / Photo Of The Sun Newspaper' Sun Girl' Model That's Got Everyone Talkng / How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by PerfectBlend(f): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2012
Its no news that the orange lipstick hit the runway a while back and lots of ladies now wear it fashionably. As the classic red lipstick sold out and the look pulled off by lots of ladies, so is the orange gonna last for a while but the trick is right application.

Wondering how on earth you’re going to pull off this hot new “sun kissed” trend? Well, you are lucky because orange flatters every skin tone so u don’t have to worry about finding the right shade. There are so many shades of orange to choose from but I like to keep it simple by streamlining it to either light, medium or dark shades.

Dark shades for light skinned ladies and the lighter shades for dark skinned ladies but who says you can’t just try out any of the shades to get that one that suits you best since either light or dark skinned, our hues are still different.

BEST WAYS TO WEAR IT
The best way to wear the orange lipstick without looking funny is by toning down your eye colour. Its either u go without eye makeup or just wear your shadows in tan,browns and gold with a little dark eye liner(preferably black) and mascara.

Keep your cloths on a low down also. No flattery colours or “blocking” while you have orange lips on, if not you’ll look painted all over….. You don’t want people going blind from too many colours flashing in their eyes when they look at you. We already have enough of that from the colour blocking craze going on now
Also, blush loving people should please take note; No high pigment colour should be pasted on your cheeks. If you must accentuate your cheekbones, please stick to bronzers and blush colours that are a shade or two darker than your natural skin.

The red lipstick has always been know to create the vintage/pin up girl look, the same goes for the sun kissed lips too. Let the only bright colour on your face be on your lips as orange goes better with shades or brown.

I’ve tried out the orange lip colour a couple of times and I’m ready to rock it almost everyday as long as my lip brush doesn’t complain…so beautiful ladies, next time you go makeup shopping make sure you pickup your own orange stick and if you have a problem applying it and you need more tips, just let me know
Thanks for reading and I hope to receive loads of comments from you’ll.... Mojisola of Perfect Blend.

Re: Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by tjskii(f): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2012
Wow totally love the look
Re: Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2012
tjskii: Wow totally love the look
Why won't you like it? cheesy
Re: Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by tjskii(f): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by teeties(f): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
How is the right way to apply it

1 Like

Re: Vintage Red Lipstick? Naaa! I’ll Rather Be “sun Kissed” This season by PerfectBlend(f): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well guys, its a look to die for. I've included a few ways to apply it but to spice up the orange especially for people who aren't so sure they can pull off the look, line ur lips with a red lip pencil, tone it down with a little pink matte lipstick before applying your orange lipstick. Trust me, you'll get a rich and beautiful shade of orange afterwardswink

(1) (Reply)

Xnb Salon, Anyone? / For Lovers Of Skincare / Is This Style Or Trash??[see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.