Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,369 members, 7,868,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? (577 Views)

Why Is Google Adsense So Wicked?? See Me See Wahala Oo / Joomla Wahala / Dreamweaver - Internet Explorer Wahala! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by gdcomms: 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Fellow NL. I have installed wordpress but each time I want to access the admin panel I get this error message 406 Not Acceptable see below.I contacted my host and they told me to uninstall and install, which I have done several times but to no avail. Also I installed the same wordpress in another folder www.mydomain.com/wp and everything there is working fine. Please can you guys help me out?

Re: How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by DualCore1: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
I am confused
Did you really mean "mydomain.com/wp" or the "mydomain.com" was just an example. Cuz the actual "mydomain.com/wp returns a 404 error.

Well in my experience the 406 error you are getting could be as a result of your requests being blocked by the server due to some firewall settings. Delete the WP files in your root directory including the .httaccess file and reinstall.

If that doesn't work and if you have nothing to lose request for your hosting account to be reprovisioned (terminated and re-created) by your host. Once that is done, do a fresh WP installation. If you still jam the error (very unlikely), contact your host and tell them its their problem.
Re: How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by gdcomms: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
"mydomain.com/wp" was just an example. I have deleted the WP files and the deleted the .htacess file. But each time I reinstall the a fresh wordpress I notice an empty .htacess file.
I will try it again. If that doesn't work then I will take your second option.
Thanks Dual!
Re: How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by gdcomms: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
"mydomain.com/wp" was just an example. I have deleted the WP files and then deleted the .htacess file. But each time I reinstall the a fresh wordpress I notice an empty .htacess file even after deleting it.
I will try it again. If that doesn't work then I will take your second option.
Thanks Dual!
Re: How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by gdcomms: 6:46am On Aug 24, 2012
I finally got the admin stuff fixed. After unfruitful attempts I decided to test IE8 and everything was working well, then knew my Firefox had a problem. So I cleared the cookies and evreything is ok now.
Thanks Dual!
Re: How Can I Get This Admin wahala Fixed? by Widow(m): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2012
Hmmm...
I love reading:
Problem found,
Problem analysed,
Problem solved.
wink

*Webmaster section should have a Thanks button angry

(1) (Reply)

Get Bonus For Browsing / Sms Units For Just N1 Per Unit / Fast Internet Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.