Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,410 members, 7,826,590 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Bhutto's Son Named As Successor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bhutto's Son Named As Successor (1647 Views)

Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / BREAKING NEWS: Delta 2015: Uduaghan Dumps Obuh, Picks Edevbie As Successor / Governor Kwankwaso Endorses septuagenarian Deputy as successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Mamajama(m): 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2007
Benazir Bhutto's 19-year-old son Bilawal has been chosen to take over her Pakistan People's Party, after her assassination on Thursday.
It is thought he will take the role in a ceremonial capacity while he finishes his studies at Oxford University.

Bilawal told journalists at the Bhutto family home: "My mother always said democracy is the best revenge."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7164968.stm
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Don1DeMaco: 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2007
another one ready to plunge into suicide
at least person must carry the torch
From grandfather to mother and now to the son
na only them wan rule Pakistan
e be like say them so serious 4 dat country sef
abeg tell me beta news jare
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Mamajama(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2007
Itscalled courage and defiant. One must not succumb to threat. what else can you do to the boy you already killed his mother. lol
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2007
its nepotism. a 19yr old has no business ruling a political party.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by azorjiu(m): 5:20pm On Dec 30, 2007
A toddler who has never lived in Pakistan.
I hope he understands the complexity of what he's plunging himself into
in the name of extending a dynasty.
I grief for him.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2007
A 19 year old chosen to map the future of Pakistan?? This is suicide!!
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by McKren(m): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2007
An ideal 19yr old hardly chooses a politician as his role model let alone being one or even party leader. They simply denied the poor boy his youth, the boy should be allowed to grow up like every other kid.

Besides that the Bhuttos have simply lost an opportunity to democratize the party. A party that wants to be seen as the symbol of democracy in pakistan should start thinking of doing away with heirs to the throne.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by cuteNhot(f): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2007
Kobojunkie:

A 19 year old chosen to map the future of Pakistan?? This is suicide!!

silly, individuals as young as 6 yrs old, have been known to lead countries.
they were known as kings.
They had advisers whose job it was to protect and guide the king.
just look at Bush, isn't he a baby intellectually? yet he rules the most powerful country.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by doyin13(m): 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2007
Whats with the Indian subcontinent and nepotistic/dynastic succession politics. . .

They should grow up already angry
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Rlst84sale(m): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2007
I don't think his age will not be much of a problem it all depends on how he has been groomed coupled with whom he is surrounded by to advise and enforce his governmental policies. History has had it several times that it can work. That is not to say that there won't be minor mistakes here and there, I still strongly believe it can still work out fine. Time will tell in this case hopefully he will prove all skeptics wrong. Good luck mini Bhuttos
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2007
cute_N_hot:

silly, individuals as young as 6 years old, have been known to lead countries.
they were known as kings.
They had advisers whose job it was to protect and guide the king.
just look at Bush, isn't he a baby intellectually? yet he rules the most powerful country.

I did not ask of your opinion of Bush or any other leader and note your opinion of persons is not shared by all so posting that in reponse to my post there on this subject is ridiculous.

Take a look at pakistan and you might understand my reaction. His mother just died, there has been no mention of her grooming him to replace her. He is a 19 year old in a country filled with radicals from all sides and ends, trying to push for democracy. I am not sure if you have met any average 19 year old living in the real world, they usually are not prepared for this sort of thing. If you can picture a 19 year old Nigerian being voted in as president of Nigeria with promises of ending corruption and bringing stability to the country, you get an idea of what I see here. If you have information to show that his mother and father have been grooming him for this, then please feel free to present it.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2007
@ Kobojunkie, some posts are not worth a response.
Perhaps cute N hot still thinks we live in the 12th century were 16yr olds were kings. In the real world monarchies are becoming irrelevant.
The British monarchy remains only a relic, ditto for the Dutch and Danish monarchies . . . i am very sure none will appoint a 16yr old as king.
Nepal just voted to outlaw their monarchy.

Just as an aside, Bilawal has lived all his life OUTSIDE Pakistan . . .
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Rlst84sale(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2007
@Cute N Hot

I couldn't help but laughed at your reply. By the way Bush isn't that young intellectually, he just happened to be controlled by  a powerful force on earth that tossed him to and fro that he can't break loose from. Read all the chapters in the following links you will better understand the problem we are all facing in America.  I hope and pray that "God" in whom we trust will one day deliever America from the pangs of her age long birth enemies.

http://www.pacinst.com/terrorists/preamble.html
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by cuteNhot(f): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2007
i knew that david
davidylan:

@ Kobojunkie, some posts are not worth a response.
Perhaps cute N hot still thinks we live in the 12th century were 16yr olds were kings.
Just as an aside, Bilawal has lived all his life OUTSIDE Pakistan . . .
i expected davidylan response. he is so predictable.
he is advising Kobo to ignore the post yet he is not taking is own advise. cheesy grin grin

obviously Davidylan cannot see further than his nose.
my point is, Bhutto son is merely a figurehead
he is no more in control of the party as i am in control of Davidylan's thoughts.
Also what is your point in highlighting that the boy lived his entire life outside of Pakistan?
If he headed the party and was in control, advisers who had lived their ENTIRE life INSIDE
Pakistan would be there to assist.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by McKren(m): 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2007
Cute_N_Hot

Will you vote a 19yr old to be your Prime Minister?

This is not a case of Prince Bilawal replacing Queen Benazir Bhutto as King

Its a case of 19yr old Bilawal putting himself forward for election in place of his slain mother

Anyway am enjoying your attacks, hope I have not called for one nor have I done enough to convince you. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by cuteNhot(f): 8:05pm On Dec 30, 2007
McKren:

Cute_N_Hot

Will you vote a 19yr old to be your Prime Minister
Cute_N_Hot

Will you vote a 19yr old to be your Prime Minister?
NO. seeing and hearing doubles wink
Davidylan has alway been someone i like to
antagonize. He need to take himself less seriously.
and its obvious you know something about me, as you mention prime minister.
Thats what i dont like about Nairaland, too many different ID's.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by McKren(m): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2007
No Luv

Mckren has always been Mckren

As much as I will cherish the opportunity to know more about you, I only chose Prime Minister cos the PM sit is the vacant sit in Pakistani politics as Pervez Musharaf is already President.

If you wanna tell me more about you send me an e-mail

Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Rlst84sale(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2007
@Cute N Hot

Have you taken a look at the links?
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 30, 2007
lol perhaps McKren needs to be told that cute N hot is a Jamaican male.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by McKren(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2007
LOL Davidylan

Good for typing it in bold

Was waiting for her his next response to actually say "hope my girlfriend does not catch me" because she has a nairaland ID.

But if she heard I was actually flirting with my fellow man my girlfriend will dump me outrightly with no option of reconcilation. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But how do you explain a man bearing "cute_N_Hot"
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by cuteNhot(f): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2007
davidylan:

lol perhaps McKren needs to be told that cute N hot is a Jamaican male.
snitch! angry angry
but am sure Mckren was not seeking a wife.
but merely a friend.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by BigB11(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2007
A cute move, but absolutely a dumbo strategy and a quick implementation of another assassination.

The dude is too young and he needs to go ahead and enjoy his young life.

The door is always open and he can jump on the bus at the right time.

Another typical example of doing the right thing the wrong way.
If Pakistanis truly care about the dude, they will leave him alone and allow things to heal naturally.

For the sake of reality, I will not waste my vote on a 19 year old, who truly needs to be going to clubs and chasing Taliban chicks all around Mid East.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Mamajama(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2007
MR 10% so corruption is every where. lol

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Benazir Bhutto's husband, who took effective control of his slain wife's party Sunday, is a former Cabinet minister who spent eight years in prison on corruption accusations and is known as "Mr. 10 Percent" for allegedly taking kickbacks.

ADVERTISEMENT

In her will, read Sunday, Bhutto named Asif Ali Zardari her successor as head of the Pakistan Peoples Party in case of her death. But Zardari, who is viewed with suspicion by many Pakistanis, appointed his son, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, as official chairman of the party that the 19-year-old's grandfather founded in 1967.

While the elder Zardari is a prominent figure in Pakistani politics, earning a checkered reputation because of allegations that he made big money during Bhutto's government, his son is a suave, English speaking, Oxford student who has spent much of his life abroad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_bhutto_s_husband
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by McKren(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2007
LOL I just heard that title on BBC News 24 (Mr. 10%)

Men someone needs that title in Nigeria
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by vigasimple(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2007
McKren:

LOL I just heard that title on BBC News 24 (Mr. 10%)

Men someone needs that title in Nigeria

One very prominent King in Nigeria has already got that title long ago even before he became a king in the south west of Nigeria.

Coming back to benzair Bhutto son succeding her I think is only of the remaining daftness of the PPP which is just BHUTTO party.

I am sorry the Pakistanis are the first cousins of Nigerian on the international corruption lists.

The best argument one can make for them is that they are just honouring beeziar bhutto but the boy I think is propably being groomed for the future as when the PPP contest the next election another person will contest for the office of Prime minister.

I think they are still in mourning and shock state and just want the dynasty to continue.

As far as I am concern that is not democracy but 'monarchist' they are millions of well qualified people in that country but I hope and prayed that will not happen Nigeria.

Good luck to the Pakistanis
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by otokx(m): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2007
This is terrible, what a shame?
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Don1DeMaco: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2007
at least we beta pass some people in this respect.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by presido1: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2007
Is this democracy? Cant party members vote for who will lead them? why must the current party chairman has his/her succesor in his/her will? Is the party his/her property?. Another funneral in pipeline.
I hope they dont follow the boy to oxford.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Mamajama(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2007
presido1 do not forget her father founded the party. She took over after his assassination, not next in-line is the son. They remind me of the Hausa people who claimed they are born to rule
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Mustay(m): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2007
but it's more insult to musharraf tongue

them put small oxford boy kai undecided

but who knows, i think it's an emotional thingy
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by denex: 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2008
This is total and absolute crap!

By the time I was 19 years old, I was wise far beyond my years and could speak smart words like "democracy is the best revenge" but what has that got to do with heading a National Political Party. Damn, the boy doesn't even have a clue who killed his mother and they make him their top politician in a country of millions of people to choose from.

"democracy is the best revenge" what a load of recycled crap. A good opportunity to assassinate mother and son will soon turn out to be the best revenge and it is carefully being plotted.
Re: Bhutto's Son Named As Successor by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 02, 2008
If you watch the speech made by the boy, you'll understand that these PPP folks are not serious. The line " my mother always said democracy is the best revenge", looked like something out of a second class Nollywood movie. Fake as Pamela Anderson's frontyard!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efcc Charges Jimoh Ibrahim With Forgery, Fraud / Political Activism In Nigeria - Have They Acheived Anything Worthwhile? / Umaru Yar`dua: By El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.