Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets (2402 Views)

Hidden Treasure (naija Gospel Music Talent Hunt Reality Show) / Mtn Treasure Hunt: A Scam In Disguise / MTN Treasure Hunt Game - Robbery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by Neoteny(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2007
w00t! just downloaded National Treasure2 BoS! bye all!!!
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by olu4life(m): 1:22am On Jan 02, 2008
U cant b serious. When was it out and where did u download it. I hop u ar joking. I cant wait 2 hav d reply and i hop its interesting than d part 1
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by Raymond88(m): 2:58am On Jan 02, 2008
Cam release i think, can't be very good.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by Neoteny(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2008
yup shaky cam release and in german. damn. not as good as the first one.

try alt.binaries.boneless or alt.binaries.movies.xvid

hope you have a newsreader that decodes NZB files.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by anusule(m): 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2008
TeleSync copy. that's what I got and it was in english. nice film though.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by imhomoh(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2008
Please guys out here, can you send me links where i can downlaod the movie? well if you don't mind you can post it or send it to my mail gentleoshoke4u@gmail.com.

I hope to get your reply and thanks alot once again.

Regards
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by imhomoh(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2008
Hello, here is the summary or preview of the movies

Just after the end of the Civil War, John Wilkes Booth and another man enter a bar and approach Thomas Gates (Ben Gates' great-great grandfather). They produce a diary containing an encrypted message, and entice Thomas, a well-known puzzle solver, to decode it. Thomas recognizes the message as using the Playfair cipher and begins to translate it. While he does so, Booth leaves for the theater to assassinate President Lincoln. Thomas Gates solves the puzzle, a clue to a treasure map, and realizes the men are still loyal to the Confederate cause and have a sinister motive for finding the treasure. The Confederate man pulls a gun on him, threatening to shoot him if he doesn't hand over the diary, however he is distracted from Gates by the chaos erupting in the bar over news of Lincoln's assassination. Thomas rips several pages from the diary and throws them in the fireplace. The second man shoots him and attempts to retrieve the pages, only succeeding in saving a small piece. The dying Gates gasps, "The war is over," but the man disagrees, stating, "You're wrong about that, the war has only just begun," and rushes from the bar. With his dying breath, Thomas Gates tells a clue to his young son Charles, "The debt that all men pay".

Years later, Benjamin Gates is telling his great-great grandfather's story at a conference on Civilian Heroes to great acclaim until black market dealer Mitch Wilkinson shows one of the eighteen missing pages of John Wilkes Booth's diary, with Thomas Gates' name on it, convincing everyone that Gates was the mastermind behind the Lincoln assassination. Ben Gates sets out to prove the innocence of his great-great grandfather.

Using spectral imaging, Ben discovers a cipher pointing to Édouard Laboulaye's lady hidden on the back of the diary page. He travels to Paris, where he finds a cryptic clue engraved on the torch of the French Statue of Liberty, referring to the two Resolute desks. Ben heads to Buckingham Palace, seeking out the closer of the two desks. With the help of his friend Riley Poole and estranged girlfriend, Abigail Chase, he is able to sneak into the Queen's office to find an ancient wooden plank hidden in the desk. He is then pursued by Wilkinson, who, having broken into his father Patrick Gates' house, has cloned Patrick's cell phone in order to track Ben's whereabouts. Wilkinson eventually obtains the piece, but not before Ben manages to photograph the symbols carved into the plank.

At Gates' insistence, Patrick reluctantly asks his ex-wife for help in translating the mysterious glyphs. She does so, but points out that some of the glyphs are partial, leading Ben to conclude another plank must be hidden in the other Resolute desk, which is located in the Oval Office. With the unknowing help of Abigail's new boyfriend, who works for the White House, Ben and Abigail coax their way into the office to see the desk, where Ben discovers that the second plank is missing. However, he does find a stamp bearing the seal of the Book of Secrets. According to Riley, the Book of Secrets contains documents collected by Presidents for Presidents' eyes only, covering such controversial subjects as the JFK assassination, Watergate, and Area 51.

To find the location of the book, Ben forces the President's birthday party to be held at Mount Vernon by booking all other approved locations. When Ben sneaks into the party, he convinces the President to follow him into a secret tunnel under the house where he confronts him about the book. The President tells him the location of the book in the Library of Congress and tells him to read page 47 as well as the information he needs. In the book, Ben finds a picture of the plank from the desk and a note saying that President Coolidge found it in 1924 and had the Mount Rushmore monument built to hide the treasure.

At Mount Rushmore, Ben, Riley, Abigail, and Patrick meet Mitch (who has kidnapped Ben's mother). Mitch provides a clue to the entrance of a cave containing the legendary native American city of gold, Cíbola. They manage to find the city, but rising flood waters force them to leave. In the last room before the exit, a mechanism requires one person to stay behind while the others could leave. Mitch forces everyone to let him go first, but rising water forces him to be the last person left. Ben tries to help him out, but Mitch can't come to Ben without the door closing. Mitch decides to sacrifice himself and allow the others to escape the flooding cavern, and Gates agrees to give him credit for finding the treasure. Gates clears his family's name with the discovery and is cleared of all charges when the President tells everyone that Ben "saved his life," although he did nothing of the sort. Ben also ensures Mitch receives joint credit for the find. The President then asks Ben about what he read on page 47 of the Book of Secrets; Ben replies, "It's life-altering". It is implied that what is written on page 47 will be revealed in another sequel.

[edit] Clues and meanings
The debt that all men pay - These are the final words that Thomas Gates says to his son as he is dying. "The debt that all men pay" is death. This is the five-letter word needed to solve the Playfair cipher, which ends up being the next clue: Laboulaye Lady.

Laboulaye Lady - Laboulaye is the famous French sculptor who made the original three Statues of Liberty. However, he only called one his "lady." This statue stands in Paris near the Eiffel tower. On the torch there is inscription in French.

Across the sea these twins stand resolute. -1876 - This is the message on the torch of the Statue of Liberty in Paris. The resolute twins refers to two desks made out of a British ship called the HMS Resolute. One of the desks is in Buckingham Palace. The other, located in the White House, is more commonly known as the President's Desk.

The entrance can be found under a cloudless rain. - The treasure hunters find that when water is spilled on the Black Hills of Custer State Park, the shading of the hills changes under sunlight, providing a moist line leading to a gap in the rocks.

Surrender your hand to the heart of the warrior. - Ben must place his hand inside the dark, narrow gap in the rocks and lift a latch hidden inside in order to open the path to a cavern that stretches far beneath the Black Hills.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by cuteNhot(f): 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
got a Dvd screener cheesy cheesy grin
haven't even watch it
burning it for my niece.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by sect(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2008
Film spoilers .Thanks GOD what you wrote was very long, so i couldn't read it to the end. Atleast i'll still enjoy the movie when i see it.
Re: National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets by vescucci(m): 10:17am On Jan 10, 2008
I hope it's at par with the first one. I don't exactly expect it to be better. I'll still see it though, no matter what any body says!

(1) (Reply)

Spring Breakers:movie Review - Selena Gomez And Other Bikini Clad Babes / Bbnaija Cee C Exposed By Boyfriend See Video / The Conspiracy Movie “acrimony”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.