Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Tears Of Love - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tears Of Love (1890 Views)

Dark Tears Of Babylon (A Short Story) / Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Tears Of A Broken Heart-a Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears Of Love by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2012
Dis is my first attempt, my first love story nd just so u kno, i am a science student.

Becky looked around as the hymnal song was being sung by the congregation,although she was not the type that attends parties she had always loved wedding ceremonies nad since the programme started she had enjoyed every bit of it.

She had not wanted to come at first because of the busy days she had at work during the week,she had wanted to stay at home that saturday but when her best freind Linda had insisted,she had gotten no choice.

Becky was dieing to meet the couple her freind had been talking about all week, "Jenny is so crazy about Fred" linda hhad told her forgettin the fact she doesnt know either one of them,
"who is jenny and who is afred" she had asked patiently
"Jenny is my cousin and she's the bride and Fred is the groom" linda had told her and continued before Becky could ask another question "she met Afred about a year and half ago and they have been dating since then" and linda had went on and on and on about the couple

Becky looked around for the fifth time at the large crowd,even a fool would know there were lots of important and wealthy people there, then becky looked back just in time to see the groom and the best man enter the church and she couldnt help being shocked.

Afred's heart began beating twice as fast as he entered the church with his best man standing bolding behind him,he was very nervous and he wondered why it was so,he had gone through a lot earlier in his life, growing up in a poor home, striving to eat three meals a day was bad enough but loosing a father at an early age was worse,growing up as the second child and the only boy meant a lot to his family, he had learned to be understanding and gentle,at the age of 15 when his father died he had become a young adult because he belive the well being of the family depends on him, and even though it wasnt easy, he had fulfilled his father's greatest dream for him, he became a petro chemical engineer.
Re: Tears Of Love by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2012
Afred forced himself to belive that his wedding that's making him nervous, he was having a very strange feeling, a very strange one but as Afred walked up to the alter, he tried his best to make d feeling go away.

Of course, she was right,becky knew she wasso right,she could never mistake him in a million years,she wondered why she never guessed,it was him, how could it not have crossed her mind,for one thing she was back in Lagos, she was likely to come accross him again, the theif, the robber that robbed her of the one thing she cherished the most, her HEART, it was afred and here he is getting married. Becky noticed she was shaking as she stared at the groom that approched the alter,her legs felt weak, she sat down, she wondered why it had to be on his wedding day she had to see him, the same AFRED DAMILOLA DAVIES. She sat down and followed the programme but when he said the words "i do" she suddenly felt the urge to cry, she stood up and left the church for her car.

Afred could swear he saw her somewhere in the congregation, as he faced the crowd with his new wife, he looked around, as the bishop asked them to make their vows,his heart drifted back to Becky, he wanted to leave Jenny on the alter,comb the crowd for her, take her by the hand and run. Maybe he didnt see her, maybe he just saw someone who looked exactly like her, he thought, he looked at the congregation again nd looked around for her but she was no where, he knew he was mistaken, after looking around the 8th time he gave up,as far as he knew becky had been out of the state for a very long time and even if she was back in Lagos,its too big a city for them to cross path, he cursed himself for even thinking about her, after so many years of trying to forget her and trying to be happy, he held Jenny's hand and smiled, he adores Jenny but his heart is for ever goin to be with no one else but becky.
Re: Tears Of Love by Presius(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
Beca hey you got some serious talent. Some very serious one. Great great great! Wow. Hey need the concluding part please
Re: Tears Of Love by EfemenaXY: 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hi Bacalina,

I've just had a read of your piece and I've got a couple of suggestions for improvement - if you don't mind?

Nonetheless, you've got a good piece up there and you can only get better with time. Just keep on writing, Writing and WRITING girl! smiley

***Will be back with the suggestions...***
Re: Tears Of Love by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 26, 2012
Thanx a lot
Re: Tears Of Love by avicky(f): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
Wow! Nice one there.
I'm so in love with this. Please try & conclude it.

Btw, I trust Efe's constructive criticisms & suggestions, if taken, will help u.
Re: Tears Of Love by MyneWhite1(f): 1:18am On Aug 30, 2012
Nice story you have here, I want to see what happens next.
Re: Tears Of Love by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Becky sat down quietly in her car and wept, how could she not have guessed it was him jenny had been talkin about, how on earth did she get herself into this mess, she kept wondering, why has destiny decided to treat her this way, she thought to herself, Alfred of all people, that bastard who made her life miserable, that fool who made her fall so bad and didn't stay to pull her up, Alfred came into her life so easily nd left a deep wound, that just married man stole the one thing she had cherished most from her, her heart, he stole it and went away without looking back. She picked her keys and got ready to start the engine, she just watched Alfred got married, she has had just enough, now she doesn't care if Jenny or anyone would get mad at her, she had seen enough and heard enough for that day, its time to go straight home, Alfred has moved on, its time for her too
Re: Tears Of Love by aprilwise(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Becalina, I luv ur name nd ur story is very interesting nd captivating. Plz don't keep me hungry for update.
Re: Tears Of Love by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
Alfred stood with his best friend and best man and scanned the guests again, even though he had decided to stop looking, his body wouldn't just listen to him, he could feel her presence, all the way from the church down to the reception he had been thinking about her, as much as he tried not to.
"Who exactly are you looking for" Anthony, his best man asked
"What" Alfred asked pretending like he doesn't know what he was talking about
"You have been looking around for a while now" Anthony pointed out
"Oh! Its nothing" Alfred replied sipping his drink
And for the 17th time he told himself, its his wedding today, he is at his wedding reception, he was being celebrated, it was his day and he won't let memories ruin it.

Becky could tell that she was out of her mind, she had left the church and had decided to drive home but she didn't and here she is, at the reception, she just wanted to see him again, she how well he had done without her, to see how much he had grown, to see how different he had become, so as she stood at a corner watching people congratulate him, watching him dance and hold Jenny close to him, she felt her rage grow, he might not even recognise her anymore, she knew the best thing to do was to leave, head straight home and cry out the building tears within her but as she turned to leave, she looked back at Alfred and saw he was alone with his best man, and instead of taking steps back to her car, she took steps towards him.
"Congratulations Mr Davies" becky managed to say when she got behind him as she watched him turn to face her
"Hey! Its me" she added as he turned

Alfred heard her voice behind him and he froze for a minute, his eyes opened wider and his heart skipped a beat, he could recognise her voice any where, at anytime, it was her, he turned to face her, he lost his voice and all he could do was stare at her, she was still very beautiful, she still had those stars in her eyes, he just stood there and stared at her in amazement

"You remember me" she added
"Yes" he found his voice "Becky" he added "oh my God" he concluded
Re: Tears Of Love by mikemodel24: 6:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Woo interestin keep it up
Re: Tears Of Love by mikemodel24: 6:56am On Dec 10, 2013
Becalina

can i ave ur cell fone no
Re: Tears Of Love by fati4mumcy: 7:37am On Dec 10, 2013
wao its interesting keep it up gurl
Re: Tears Of Love by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2013

Segun sat with a magazine on his laps and watched his two best friends play his video game, most times he wondered why his family still treats him like a kid, his uncle brought him a play station when he came over to say hi to him in the university
"Its nice" he had replied trying to be grateful "but uncle, I am in the school" his uncle had replied
"That's exactly why I brought it, sometimes, you ll be bored at home and you ll need it, remember all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

Segun had wanted to say "but Uncle Kay, I am no more a kid, I am 26 now" but segun knew better than saying that, he was in no mood to see his uncle go back home sad and disappointed.

As segun laughed as his friends were arguing on who was cheating and wining, the bell rang, segun stood up and went to the main door, he looked out through the peep hole, he opened the door and went back to his seat and continued with his magazine

Adeola was not surprised when segun did not wait to say hello, she opened the door, closed it and walked down into the large and decorated sitting room and smiled to the guys
"Hello guys" she said with her tiny voice and watched the two guys in front of the flat TV screen stand up to greet her, after exchanging greetings with them, they returned to their game and she went over to segun
"Sweetheart you didn't even say hi" she complained

(1) (Reply)

Scene Tell: Write A Wooing Scene / Mysteries Of Noland (book 2) / How Her "Dry Mouth" Got Her A Husband. (A Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.