Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,330 members, 7,846,459 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Can Adebayor Make Impact In Tottenham This Term? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can Adebayor Make Impact In Tottenham This Term? (557 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Five Players To Make An Impact In january Transfer Market / Could Nigeria Have Made A Great Impact In The On Going Afcon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Adebayor Make Impact In Tottenham This Term? by acaforreal(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2012
Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed he expects another “intense” season after permanently moving to the club.

The 28-year-old sealed a £5 million move from Manchester City this week and hopes to build on his tally of 18 goals he achieved whilst on loan at White Hart Lane last season.

Adebayor was a crucial part of Harry Redknapp’s side that narrowly missed out on a place in the Champions League after Chelsea claimed the European crown in May.

"Last year was quite intense," Adebayor told Spurs’ official website. "And this season every game will be difficult as you saw at Newcastle on Saturday. They have a good team.

"Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle will all be fighting for the top four spots.

"It’s not going to be easy but as a footballer you just have to keep doing your thing and see what happens at the end of the season."

Financial matters delayed Adebayor's permanent switch to north London from Manchester City and the Togolese forward was delighted to finally seal his return.

"I am pleased to be signing for Spurs on a permanent basis after finally agreeing my departure with Manchester City," he added.

"It may have taken longer than expected but I am delighted to be back at Tottenham Hotspur. I really enjoyed my time here last season and I am hoping we can achieve great things together again."

(1) (Reply)

Victor Moses / Snooker Championship / Yobo Blasts Osaze!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.