Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive (1301 Views)

How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room / How To Retrieve Files Corrupted To Shortcuts From Flash Drives / Retrieving Shortcut File Affected By Virus: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2012
Please house, can somebody help? I have this flash drive of 8 gigs where I stored information in folders. The problem is that some of these folders are hidden while a few are displayed. Total capacity still indicates 8 gigs while the displayed content is much less than 1.6gigs. The hidden ones can only be accessed when I search and that is for those whose name I can remember. Is there any way of getting these folders back into display again?
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by pneumaticos(m): 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
scan ur flash with a very good upto date antivirus.the try to open it again,but this time with a clean system
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Obiiiiii(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
1-> press your Windows key and R
2-> type in " CMD "
3-> type in the drive letter corresponding to the usb drive concerned followed by -> " : "
example; I: or H: or E: (you'll see the letter when you goto "My Computer"wink
4-> press "Enter"
5-> type in this code ->> attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
6-> hit "Enter"

Note: without the inverted commas
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 26, 2012
pneumaticos: scan ur flash with a very good upto date antivirus.the try to open it again,but this time with a clean system

Thanks a lot. But I use an up to date kaspersky internet security. scanning has not produced any good result
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 26, 2012
Obiiiiii: 1-> press your Windows key and R
2-> type in " CMD "
3-> type in the drive letter corresponding to the usb drive concerned followed by -> " : "
example; I: or H: or E: (you'll see the letter when you goto "My Computer"wink
4-> press "Enter"
5-> type in this code ->> attrib -s -h /s /d *.*
6-> hit "Enter"

Note: without the inverted commas

Dear thank for you response. I have done as you recommend, but the end display is "I get access denied"
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by adanny01(m): 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
Download WinRAR.
Browse the flash from the software, nothing will be hidden.
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Emmankem(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2012
Here is ur solution. Click my COMPUTER(wer u find local disc, removable devic, cd room), then click ORGANISER by d left side of d window, select FOLDER OPTIONS, and highlight SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS and click ok, then everythin in ur flash and system thats hidden wil definately come out. If u still dnt understand let me know. Enjoy.
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by megawave(m): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2012
Hidden files on a flash drive is caused by antivirus deleting an already infected file on the flash. if you have not formatted the flash after the vanishing of your file, what you need to do is recover your files using recovery software's. If you need a recovery tool with Licence pls call 08056052229 0r 08035017009. geo2287@yahoo.com. it can be sent to you via mail
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by Chygoz2(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2012
Emmankem: Here is ur solution. Click my COMPUTER(wer u find local disc, removable devic, cd room), then click ORGANISER by d left side of d window, select FOLDER OPTIONS, and highlight SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS and click ok, then everythin in ur flash and system thats hidden wil definately come out. If u still dnt understand let me know. 08052138183. Nkem0385@gmail.com Enjoy.
also uncheck the option "hide protected system files" and you're good to go.
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by oladayo042: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2012
jomonic:

Dear thank for you response. I have done as you recommend, but the end display is "I get access denied"
If you use Windows 7
1. Click the Window button and type "cmd" (without the inverted commas)
2. Right-click on CMD and select "Run as administrator". This will get you pass the "access denied".
3. Continue with the steps as posted by
Obiiiiii
Re: Can Someone Help With Retrieving Hidden Content From Flash Drive by osho3mtech(f): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2012
Open the flash drive. * Right click * Goto properties. * uncheck hide or show hidden files. Alternatively. Call me if u can't still see dem... 08060770027

(1) (Reply)

Water Spilled On My Laptop / Asus Laptop For Sale / Original Ms Office 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.