Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Two Arrested Drug Couriers Fight In Airport Over Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Arrested Drug Couriers Fight In Airport Over Drugs (1487 Views)

Two Arrested For $50,000 Internet Fraud (photo) / Two Arrested With Stolen Bus Inside Redeemed Camp (pictures) / Two Arrested In Ogun For Attempting To Exhume Corpse for rituals (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Two Arrested Drug Couriers Fight In Airport Over Drugs by olydim: 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2007
Drama At Airport As Drug Suspects Fight

By: admin

Published: 2007/12/31 - Read 230 times Article Rated: 0.00

(0 votes)

By Simon Ateba

A mild drama occurred at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, at the weekend, when suspected drug peddlers arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), traded accusations over the real owner of the cocaine found with one of them.

NDLEA officials had arrested Mrs. Olayemi Olawunmi Olajumoke while attempting to board an Emirate airline to Mumbai, India, with 584g of banned substance suspected to be cocaine concealed in two brown envelopes hidden in her skirt.

After she was arrested, Olajumoke accused Mrs. Serifat Shalewa, who brought some items for her at the airport, of being the real owner of the hard drug, an accusation which Shalewa denied. The latter said she gave her food items to give to her brother in India and not cocaine.

After the accusation and counter-accusation, NDLEA officials arrested both of them, including a man who accompanied Shalewa to the airport.

After their arrest, a search was conducted in their various houses located at Isolo and Surulere areas of Lagos but nothing was found.

P.M.News learnt that the three suspects would be charged to court today.
Re: Two Arrested Drug Couriers Fight In Airport Over Drugs by olydim: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2007
NDLEA officers arrest woman with 2.150kg of cocaine
By Odita Sunday

OFFICERS of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos have arrested a female drug trafficker with 2.150 kilogrammes of cocaine. This was disclosed yesterday by the Agency's spokesman, Mr. Mitchel Ofoyeju.

advertisement

According to Ofoyeju, "the suspect, Airat Alade Ashake, 28, was arrested on December 27, 2007 during the screening of passengers on Ethiopian Airline flight to Bombay Indian en-route Addis Ababa".

The NDLEA spokesperson said: "The cocaine was carefully concealed inside plywood in a false bottom of her luggage. The use of plywood as false bottom is a new development. The arrest is a clear indication that officers are prepared to uncover new tricks employed by drug traffickers.

"The NDLEA has been faced with series of scandal over the years. Some officers of the agency have been fingered as men who collaborate with barons. The trend seems to have changed since the assumption of office of the current Chairman, Alhaji Giade, who has declared war on barons and their allies".

According to Ofoyeju, the suspect said that "her primary school classmate gave her the two bags at Ibadan to deliver in Indian for a fee of N200,000. Ashake, who was shedding tears during interrogation, explained how she was lured into accepting the drugs. Her words: "I met my school mate at the market. He asked me what I do for a living and I told him that I sell jewelry. He then collected my phone number. I asked of his number but he said his phone was stolen. He was the one always calling me until he asked me to meet him at a motor park in Ibadan where he gave me the two bags containing the drugs and promised to pay me N200,000".

The drug peddler, according to Ofoyeju, lives at No. 22 Dumare Square, Lagos Island with her mother. She is a native of Igbaja village in Ifelodun Local Government Area Kwara State.

Similarly, one Mufunnanya Charles Nwanbunwane, 28, said that his mother collected loan from her cooperative for his business but he decided to travel with the money. The suspect was arrested on December 26, 2007 during the inward clearance of Emirate Airline flight from Mumbai with 166 grammes of heroin inserted in his anus, said the NDLEA image-maker, Nwanbunwane hails from Achala village in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Nwanbunwane told the anti-drug body that: "I left school at elementary III. I was in India for four years selling wristwatches to survive. On December 20, 2007 I went back to hustle in India but I came back after six days because I was afraid they will arrest me if my visa expires. My Tanzanian friend in India gave me the drugs that if I sell it in Nigeria, I can start a new life.

"Both cases are under investigation and will soon be charged to court," Ofoyeju said.
Re: Two Arrested Drug Couriers Fight In Airport Over Drugs by dgb4(m): 11:21am On Sep 25, 2008
please i need connection to any corporate body who can assist our company with NDLEA clearance for visas.
its like very urgent.
Please if you have any kindly send email to jarret4all@yahoo.com or call me now 08063448853

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Scammers Hit Facebook / Father allegedly kills daughter for converting / Men Are Very Wicked ( A True Life Story Of How A Man Raped 10 Girls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.