Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University (47635 Views)

JAMB 2016/2017 Change Of Course Begins: Read This Before Changing Your Course / Does Undergraduate Course Of Study Really Matter? / Rep Your School Here And Your Course Of Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by yusods(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wats d course outline 4 zoology in unilorin....
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by shyeetle: 8:04am On Oct 09, 2012
CrazyMan:
First, there is nothing like a 7.0 CGPA.

Gp ranges from 0.0-5.0

Now here's the break down.

0.0 - 0.99 = fail.

1.0 - 2.49 = 3rd class.

2.5 - 3.49 = 2nd class lower

3.50 - 4.49 = 2nd class upper

4.5 - 5.0 1st class.

Feel free to ask questions on areas that aren't clear to you.

Hw do dey calculate total GP for sum1 offering 9 courses
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by tjosh007(m): 9:15am On Oct 09, 2012
Shehuaba...i want 2 appreciate ur effort towards helping d freshers. At least dis as minute as it seems wuld be of gr8 help2 ppl who wuldn't want 2 loose dia focus...hope u remember me 4rm d ui thread...am 1 of d guys dat contributes jokes. I guess dis will help more ppl on d ui thread if a topic like dis is startd dia. May God bless u gr8ly
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by akinyemmzy(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2012
Microbiology, u.i
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by AmiableJay(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Has anyone got the course outline for law.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Sanusy25: 10:13am On Oct 09, 2012
Urban and regional planning futminna. Pls also need it course outline. I jux got admitted.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by ishowdotgmail(m): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2012
pls did medicine stdnts nrmally use ds GP of a tin or nt?
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by CrazyMan(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
shyeetle: Hw do dey calculate total GP for sum1 offering 9 courses
First you add the total number of quality points in those 9 courses.

If for example, you have 6 courses whose credit unit is 2, and the remaining 3 courses have 3 credit units.

All you have to do is to add 'em up.

2+2+2+2+2+2 = 12

3+3+3 = 9

12+9 = 21

So you total credit unit for that semester is 21.

Now to calculate you Gp for the semester, whatever grade you get in a course, must be recorded accordingly.

Eg. A in a 2 credit unit course = 2X5 = 10 points

A in a 3 unit course = 3X5 = 15points.

And so on...

When you're true with the calculation, you divide it by 21. Whatever you get, is your Gp for that semester.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by ruka15(f): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
​Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ 4 all ur help especially @Shehu Aba. Got admitted into ui 4 pharmacy. Pls ny1 wif ny pharmacy 100L course outline shud pls post. Thanks
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by phamovirus: 1:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
Electrical 200 level ui course outline needed oo and will technical drawing still be oferred or Auto cad ?
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Inezara(f): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pls what is the course outline for Human Kinetics in the university of Ibadan?I just got admitted.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Shehu,i commend ur effort... Am in 4 Archaeology U.I. Sumtyms i get scard of d course o,can any1 pls tel me wat 2 expect nd which is beta btw Archaeology nd history? Thnx
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Idacrux: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pls what r' d course outline /units for BSC STATISTICS @University Of Nigeria Nsukka or ui dept. statistics...pls any help because i'm now a lion in unn.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by majhor: 12:08am On Oct 10, 2012
Good wrk here. Well, pls course outline for pharmacy, UI. Thanks
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by CrazyMan(m): 12:11am On Oct 10, 2012
Idacrux: Pls what r' d course outline /units for BSC STATISTICS @University Of Nigeria Nsukka or ui dept. statistics...pls any help because i'm now a lion in unn.
As a year one statistics student, courses you're likely to do are Sta101, Mat101, Phy101, Ich101 your gss courses and any other combination your school decides to include.

The courses I posted, are the standard and recommended courses for you as a fresher.

Good luck.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by LordPherule(m): 4:34am On Oct 10, 2012
ShehuAba: Course Outline for B. Sc. Mathematics
100 Level
SN
Course Code
Course Title
Credit
Remark
MAT 101
Elementary Mathematics I
Core
MAT 102
Elementary Mathematics II
Core
MAT 103
Elementary Mathematics III
Core
MAT 104
Elementary Mathematics IV
Core
CSC 101
Introduction to Computer Science I
Core
CSC 102
Introduction to Computer Science II
Core
GNS 111
Reading and Study Skills
Core
GNS 112
Use of English
Core
PHY 114
Mechanics and Properties of Matter
Core
PHY 152
Electricity and Magnetism 1
Core
PHY 192
Practical Physics I
Core
STA 122
Introduction to Probability
Core13
STA 124
Introduction to Probability Distribution
Core
STA 131
Introduction to Statistical InfereceI
Core
STA 133
Introduction to Statistical InfereceII
Core
200 Level
SN
Course Code
Course Title
Credit
Remark
MAT 201
Mathematical Methods I
Core
MAT 202
Elementary Differential Equations
Core
MAT 203
Sets, Logic and Algebra
Core
MAT 204
Linear Algebra I
Core
MAT 205
Linear Algebra II
Core
MAT 207
Real Analysis I
Core
MAT 209
Introduction to Numerical Analysis
Core
MAT 210
Complex Analysis I
Optional
CSC 201
Computer Programming I
Core
CSC 206
Computer Programming II
Core
GNS 211
Introduction to the Humanities
Core
GNS 212
Introduction to Social Science
Core
STA 205
Statistics for Physical Science and Engineering II
Optional
STA 221
Probability Distributions I
Core
STA 222
Probability Distributions II
Core
300 Level
SN
Course Code
Course Title
Credit
Remark
MAT 301
Metric Space Topology
Core
MAT 302
Elementary Differential Equations II
Core
MAT 303
Vector and Tensor Analysis
Core
MAT 304
Complex Analysis I
Core
MAT 305
Complex Analysis II
Core
MAT 306
Abstract Algebra II
Core
MAT 307
Real Analysis II
Core
MAT 308
Introduction to Mathematical Modelling
Core
MAT 309
Discrete Mathematics
Optional
MAT 312
Optimization Theory
Optional
MAT 313
Geometry
Optional
MAT 314
Analytical Dynamics I
Optional
MAT 315
Dynamics of a Rigid body
Optional
MAT 316
Introduction to Operation Research
Optional
MAT 317
Differential Geometry
Optional
MAT 318
Mathematical Methods II
Core
MAT 319
Numerical Analysis I
Core
MAT 320
Abstract Algebra I
Core
CSC 304
Computer Construction I
Optional
CSC 305
Data Structure and Algorithm
Optional
STA 311
Probability Distribution III
Core
GNS 311
History and Philosophy of Science
Core
400 Level
SN
Course Code
Course Title
Credit
Remark
MAT 401
Ordinary Differential Equations
Core
MAT 402
Partial Differential Equations
Core
MAT 403
Functional Analysis
Core
MAT 404
Project
Core
MAT 405
General Topology
Core
MAT 406
Lebesque Measure and Integral
Core
MAT 407
Mathematical Methods II
Core
MAT 408
Quantum Mechanics
Optional
MAT 409
General Relationty
Optional
MAT 410
Electromagnetism
Optional
MAT 411
Analytical Dynamics II
Optional
MAT 412
Field Theory
Optional
MAT 413
Fluid Dynamics I
Optional
MAT 414
Electricity
Optional
MAT 415
System Theory
Optional
MAT 416
Measure Theory
Optional
MAT 417
Advanced Algebra
Optional
MAT 418
Algebraic Number Theory
Optional
MAT 419
Galois Theory
Optional
MAT 420
Analytic Number Theory
Optional
MAT 421
Complex Analysis II
Optional
MAT 422
Continuous Mechanics
Optional
MAT 423
Fluid Mechanics II
Optional
MAT 424
Numerical Analysis I
Optional
MAT 425
Applied Functional Analysis I
Optional
MAT 426
Applied Functional Analysis II
Optional
MAT 427
Computational Methods in Optimization I
Optional
MAT 428
Computational Methods in Optimization II
Optional
MAT 429
Integral Equations
Optional
Thanks Boss. I'm for MTS in FUTA
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Mexyz(m): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2012
Pls help o... Its bankn nd finance at UNIBEN.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Joe5(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
please mine is Economics. I need the course outline from first year down to final year. Pls do help me.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Emmyk(m): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
I like this thread. To chip in few tips to what had been said earlier.
- The sine qua non for u => Put God first. Let Him direct your steps. Campus life takes God's grace not your own doing. Eg. When someone tells you that you will be a cultist when you enter school. Dont slam at the person with "Never, that's the last thing I will do". Rather say, "God will not let me have a cause/reason to join them (cult members). Easy does it, u commit ur lie in God's hands with that statement.
- Dont be self-centred, pray for your course mates and see how God will attend to your issue(s).
- Try to get past question Papers for ur courses from students- ur seniors (LoL), lecturers do repeat questions.
- Have a reading Group. This helps tentatively because
1. You will always prepare urself daily on the questions u and ur reading mates wanna discuss- u wont wonna f**k up.
2. You ar not bound to understand all what a lecturer says, but collective opinion and comments from ur reading mates will help u. Eg. Sometimes, I read a definition of something many times, it's almost like not perspicuous (not easy to understand). But when I meet with my reading mates( they must be in ur dept and level) at night and anyone comment on that aspect I'm finding hard to understand, I GRAB IT THAT MOMENT!! it sticks to my brain and understand it fully well. I use to think GROUP READING IS WASTE OF TIME, I CAN DO MY READING ALL ALONE BEFORE.

- To trigger the group reading aspect, dont start the group when it's few weeks to exams! Start when lecture commences for the semester. This also levels down to ur personal reading. If u start serious reading few weeks before exam, ur brain will overwork and will definitely freakout cos it cant hold all u need to get in it!
- Lastly, target first class. The sky is ur starting point! If u really determine to make first class, even though u dont later make it, you will DEFINITELY HAVE A STRONG SECOND CLASS UPPER. But if ur target is second class upper (2:1), u might end up having second class lower (2:2).
- Lastly, Not all that coruscate with resplendence is auriferous. If u catch my drift. Watch the type of friend(s) you will make. If possible, be neutral. Be polite to everyone and before you know, you will spot the good ones.
MASS COMMUNICATION - KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY...

4 Likes

Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by ShehuAba(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Tnx Emmyk 4 dat insightful nd wonderful contribution. More of dat pls xpecialy 4 guys who are already in d school system. @ all especialy those of us asking 4 course outline i promise any1 i get hold of il let ol knw nd also anybody wt outlyn 4 various courses pls lets knw 2. 9ce Tym Guys
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Mikocake(m): 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
gud thread
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
9z one
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Mary4life1(f): 3:36am On Oct 11, 2012
Its not all about reading hard,but reading smart.l'm a uite and there is no body in ui that doesnt know what tsunami is.put God first but balance it.pray like you didnt read and read as if you didn't pray.as a fresher,if you are not careful,you might be misled.know yourself,be focused,dont always forget yourself laughing if a lecturer cracks a joke-he is trying to pass an important information.finally eat well,rest well,exercise well and abstain from sex

3 Likes

Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Mikocake(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2012
[code][/code][i][/i]
Mary 4 life: Its not all about reading hard,but reading smart.l'm a uite and there is no body in ui that doesnt know what tsunami is.put God first but balance it.pray like you didnt read and read as if you didn't pray.as a fresher,if you were not careful,you might be misled.know yourself,be focused,dont always forget yourself laughing if a lecturer cracks a joke-he is trying to pass an important information.finally eat well,rest well,exercise well and adstain from sex
Mary 4 life: Its not all about reading hard,but reading smart.l'm a uite and there is no body in ui that doesnt know what tsunami is.put God first but balance it.pray like you didnt read and read as if you didn't pray.as a fresher,if you were not careful,you might be misled.know yourself,be focused,dont always forget yourself laughing if a lecturer cracks a joke-he is trying to pass an important information.finally eat well,rest well,exercise well and adstain from sex
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by tosins(m): 10:07am On Oct 11, 2012
Public admin oou just got admitted
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Afeisume: 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
Gr8 thread, gay guys, gud advice..,kip it up. We nid more of dix.
Mary ix very ryt...study smart by applyin total discretion. Any uniben medic here!
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Emmyk(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
Afeisume: Gr8 thread, gay guys, gud advice..,kip it up. We nid more of dix.
Mary ix very ryt...study smart by applyin total discretion. Any uniben medic here!
. Are you for real?
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Idacrux: 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Well as 4 me my advice for fresher is that:
+G-factor(God)
+be focused
+avoid sexual relationship
+build ur Gp in ur year 1 atleast 4.0 and above.it'll help u a long way in ur final yr.
+don't miss class
+eat well and read well
+live a triangular life on campus that is from hostel to church/mosque and to class/library.
+don't be too friendly or too close with females in ur dept. Else u might loose focus on d way.
+and lastly read ur note and topics in d scheme of work in line with that semester.(personal advice ooh)

2 Likes

Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by OxfordTrvs: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
Study and work part-time on campus in the cheapest universities in USA.

https://www.nairaland.com/1072017/study-work-part-time-cheapest#12519940

List of tuition free universities in Germany.

https://www.nairaland.com/1061064/list-tuition-free-universities-germany
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Mary4life1(f): 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
Joe.:
please mine is Economics. I need the course outline from first year down to final year. Pls do help me.
guy,cool down.you have not even started but on a serious note keep it up,i love the spirit. I'm also in economics,the problem here is that different universities use different course outlines.just be patient till you resume school.
Re: How To Be The Best In Your Course Of Study In The University by Joe5(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mary 4 life: guy,cool down.you have not even started but on a serious note keep it up,i love the spirit. I'm also in economics,the problem here is that different universities use different course outlines.just be patient till you resume school.
Mary 4 life: guy,cool down.you have not even started but on a serious note keep it up,i love the spirit. I'm also in economics,the problem here is that different universities use different course outlines.just be patient till you resume school.
thank you Mary4life for your response, you know maybe I'm just been over zealous because i have stayed long at home. Well since you do thesame course, permit me then to lay my head on your shoulder for advice and guidance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / Female Professor Sexually Harassed A Male Student At New York University / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.