Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Brotherhood Of The Wolves - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Brotherhood Of The Wolves (1249 Views)

Now More Brotherhood / The Action-packed Sensation 'Brotherhood Of The Wolf - Director's Cut' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brotherhood Of The Wolves by stag: 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2007
has anyone seen 'brotherhood of the wolves' (le pacte des loups). how would u describe this movie?
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by iice(f): 6:09am On Jan 01, 2008
Yeah, i watched this a long time ago. . .
Mark Dacascus was my favorite. . .the whole red indian thing was sexci tongue
Ok it was tight, because i watched it after coming off Matrix. . .so i was still in awe of the slow mo motion capture thing. . .
Story is pretty decent. . .thinking of watching it again though
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by stag: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2008
yeah mani (damascus)
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Neoteny(m): 10:18am On Jan 04, 2008
d'you mean that B grade chop-socky period drama cult movie with a tint of sleepy hollow's hue and not-so-scary squealing warthog meanie muck up? dreary.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by PoDeep(m): 11:08am On Jan 04, 2008
The film is stale & quite mediocre.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by stag: 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2008
Neoteny:

d'you mean that B grade chop-socky period drama cult movie with a tint of sleepy hollow's hue and not-so-scary squealing warthog meanie muck up? dreary.

bros dis ur english na looonnnnggg thing. ease off watching it again.ur eyes might watch more fun than ur fingers got typing these grin
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Vieira(m): 8:35pm On Jan 05, 2008
I enjoyed it.

Neoteny:

Someone has been listening to too many critics.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Neoteny(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2008
Vieira:

I enjoyed it.

Someone has been listening to too many critics.

are you implying that im incapable of personal judment?

if it has dacascos then its a B movie

if it has dacascos it has martial arts, therefore CHOP SOCKY

if it has costumes and bordellos and powdered men in wigs then its period drama

if it has (1) occultic overtones (2), rabid fans then its cult movie

if it has tim burton's trademark smoky color lens effect then it borrowed from sleey hollow

if it can't decide whether to scare us or to bore us, then its not so scary

and the baddie IS a warthog

and it squealed

and the plot is mucky

summary: dreary.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by blinx(m): 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2008
when it comes to brotherhood of the wolves, it's a movie i cant enough of, seen it several times. i love it any time any day. I included among my all time favourite movies in my blog fenddizzle.blogpot.com. By the way every body mustn't like it, the movie was made for those who'll appreciate it. as for the professional critic, we need guys like u to start a movement on improving 9ja mivies. that's what really needs help.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Neoteny(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2008
blinx.

naija movies are beyond salvage. they make movies for making movie's sake not cos they have something to impart to the audience. when we get creative, imaginative directors and producers then we may get something going on.

they shoudnt look to hollywood, we dont need CG or matte or green screening or alpha channels or all that techno crap. naija is rich in indigent culture. lots of story material. sadly,
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Vieira(m): 2:42am On Jan 12, 2008
Neoteny:

are you implying that im incapable of personal judment?

if it has dacascos then its a B movie

if it has dacascos it has martial arts, therefore CHOP SOCKY

if it has costumes and bordellos and powdered men in wigs then its period drama

if it has (1) occultic overtones (2), rabid fans then its cult movie

if it has tim burton's trademark smoky color lens effect then it borrowed from sleey hollow

if it can't decide whether to scare us or to bore us, then its not so scary

and the baddie IS a warthog

and it squealed

and the plot is mucky

summary: dreary.

Occultic overtones = cult movie?? Don't think so.
Rabid fans? = No way. Star Trek and Star Wars have rabid fans but they are not cult movies!! tongue

Did sleepy hollow patent the smoky lens effect? have you ever seen an old school hammer house of horror film?

Anyway I enjoyed it for what it was.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Neoteny(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2008
rabid fans=cult following. yes the starwars mob are a cult, cult here not used in the naija context of juju but of a society founded on a singular fixation which is not apparent to all. i don't dig starwars and i don't see what the rage is all about besides being technically innovative when it came out.  that being the case i cannot see what the frenzy is all about. i can no more peer into the minds of starwars fans and appreciate the ecstasy than i can understand freemasonry.

and when i bullet my points it was an either/or argument: either the occultic overtones (which is rife in Brotherhood) or the cult following makes it a cult movie in all contextual uses of the word CULT. it was not an equality contention so surmising that my points boil down to occultic=cult is simplistic and false.

sleepy hollow did not patent the haze effect and the dim saturation but it took it over the top. indeed, the very first movie i saw that effect was in dracula but its role was to heighten shadows. in sleepy hollow it played a strong role, making the menace of the headless horseman all the more portent. however i find that effect out of place in Brotherhood.

please understand that i have no bones with your liking the movie. its just that i squirm when i have to watch grade B schtick.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by BJay3: 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2008
I watched a bit of it, and gues what, at the home of one of the Directors of a major corporation in Nigeria. He was so excited about the film he insisted I had to watch a bit of it, if not the whole thing. I'm hoping to find the DVD and watch it one of these days, now that you've reminded me; but the memory of the opening scene, with the rains, and the "unseen animal's claws" to the slow mo, , well, I gotta hurry!
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by stag: 9:28am On Jan 15, 2008
B_Jay:

I had to watch a bit of it, if not the whole thing. I'm hoping to find the DVD and watch it one of these days, now that you've reminded me; but the memory of the opening scene, with the rains, and the "unseen animal's claws" to the slow mo, , well, I gotta hurry!
bless
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by stag: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2008
smiley
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by oghos2k(m): 7:06pm On Jan 17, 2008
I watched it a couple of years ago. Its just too tight.I guess its still the best of Samuel Le Bihan
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by tocdee(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
In my opinion, what makes the movie nice is not the directing, cast, plot nor thrill BUT its atmosphere (if u catch my drift). Its just different in a quiet kind of way. Its like breathing fresh air.

i know i'm talking to myself but hey, thats how I see it. 7 out of 10.
Re: Brotherhood Of The Wolves by Vieira(m): 3:32am On Jan 19, 2008
Neoteny, my issue is the one that I tend to have with certain film critics and that is they seem to lose the ability to enjoy a film for what it is and spend too much time over analysing it.

I review films and many times I find other critics talking about certain films are cheap knock offs of other films and do not see a film in its own merits.

I though Brotherhood of the wolves was a decent movie and too me was not derivative as you implied.

I do not want to get into semantics with you but having a cult following does not necessary make a movie a cult film. Star Trek is a good example of that. While they have a cult following thay are by no means cult movies. (yes i do know the difference of a cult in the naija sense and in the sense of movies.)

Let me ask you your opinion on these films:

Kill Bill
Departed
Superman Returns

(1) (Reply)

Movie "2012" Is Scaring People Who Believe The World Would Really End In 2012? / Help ! Why Do Fools Fall In Love Movie link / 9 "game Of thrones" Characters Who Were Secretly Replaced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.