Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,341 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 (8747 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Christ Embassy Policy That's Tearing Families Apart / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Anita Divorced The Christ Embassy Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 27, 2012
This thread is not against Christianism, nor is it to deny the obvious role of Christianity in world peace. But for enlightenment of the forumites. Where was Jesus (The Christ) between age 13-29 ? You can even throw more lights on any schooling he underwent during his sojourn prior to his murder-crucifixion paradox.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Billyonaire: This thread is not against Christianism, nor is it to deny the obvious role of Christianity in world peace. But for enlightenment of the forumites. Where was Jesus (The Christ) between age 13-29 ? You can even throw more lights on any schooling he underwent during his sojourn prior to his murder-crucifixion paradox.
shey he went to tibet? Even tibetan monks claim he left behind some of his teachings. But i think they are all made up including the one you are about to reveal.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Emmy9ite(m): 8:11am On Aug 27, 2012
He was with his family learning his father's handiwork (carpentry)
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2012
ask King James!
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Delafruita(m): 8:30am On Aug 27, 2012
diluminati:
shey he went to tibet? Even tibetan monks claim he left behind some of his teachings. But i think they are all made up including the one you are about to reveal.
the things we know about jesus(christ) came from the bible.there's no independent account of his life.if the bible doesnt have record of it,its because such records dont exist and such a person never existed.some historians account for a man who journeyed from syria to india around the time and theologians have tried to latch unto this to potray jesus as been that man.the reality is that after asoka's conquest,he decided to spread buddhaism and it is recorded in history that buddhist monks visited the middle east during herod's reign with subsequent visits during the time of archelaus and antipas.when constantine decided to create a unifying religion,he went the same route as asoka.create a deity,make it adorable and divine and make the people worship it.only difference is the buddha was deitified while jesus was created

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2012
Please lets stick to the title of the thread and shed more lights on Jesus, the Christ between age 13-29. Believe me, many people will love to learn from great minds on this forum.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by OmoAlata(f): 8:54am On Aug 27, 2012
The truth is, only Jesus himself could say for sure.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Maxymilliano(m): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2012
Subscribing...
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Gbamar(f): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2012
Emmy9ite: He was with his family learning his father's handiwork (carpentry)
Are U that sure? Kindly support your point. (quote from the Bible)
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by dekung(m): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2012
Errm..... I dont know. Maybe you can tell Daddy G.O to ask his DADDY. You can ask Benny Hinn to consult with the Holy Spirit am sure those two entities would know the whereabouts of their third partner between those ages

2 Likes

Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Emmy9ite(m): 9:55am On Aug 27, 2012
Gbamar: Are U that sure? Kindly support your point. (quote from the Bible)
na wa for you,na everything go dey Bible? Haven't you read the part of the bible where it was written that 'everything Jesus did wasnt recorded in the Bible' (cant remember the chapter and verse) if all the things Jesus did was in the Bible then the Bible would be like 5 encyclopediaz put together.

Jesus was with his family simple. He was learning his fatherz work. Even his home people knew that he was the son of the carpenter when he came back as a preacher. 'A prophet is despised in his own town'
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by TheOP1(m): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2012
I believe his childhood was marred with not too God-like behaviors as such the elders sat down and deemed it heretical.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
The OP: I believe his childhood was marred with not too God-like behaviors as such the elders sat down and deemed it heretical.
chai i don kpai grin
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2012
Emmy9ite: na wa for you,na everything go dey Bible? Haven't you read the part of the bible where it was written that 'everything Jesus did wasnt recorded in the Bible' (cant remember the chapter and verse) if all the things Jesus did was in the Bible then the Bible would be like 5 encyclopediaz put together.

Jesus was with his family simple. He was learning his fatherz work. Even his home people knew that he was the son of the carpenter when he came back as a preacher. 'A prophet is despised in his own town'

Nothing wey i no go see for NL...mr man bring the chapter and verse make we see or else shut it
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2012
The OP: I believe his childhood was marred with not too God-like behaviors as such the elders sat down and deemed it heretical.

he he he grin grin grin
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Delafruita(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
read the infancy gospel of thomas
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
Well, the bible is quite shady on this topic and makes it very difficult for us to understand what really happened but i draw my own analogy from the fact that jesus supposedly lived in egypt and the greater similarities between his life and acts and that of Osiris/Horus

HORUS/OSIRIS of Egypt
The legends of Osiris/Horus go back thousands of years, and many people over the millennia have thought Osiris to be a real person, some claiming he lived up to
22,000 years ago.
The cult of Osiris, Isis and Horus was widespread in the ancient
world, including in Rome. In the Egyptian myth, Horus and his
once-and-future Father, Osiris, are frequently interchangeable, as in “I and my Father are one.” Concerning Osiris, Walker says:
Of all savior-gods worshipped at the beginning of the Christian era, Osiris may have contributed more details to the evolving Christ figure than any other. Already very old in Egypt, Osiris was identified with nearly every other Egyptian god and was on the way to absorbing them all. He had well over 200 divine names. He was called the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, God of Gods.

· Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.
· His earthly father was named “Seb” (“Joseph”).
· He was of royal descent.
· At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was
baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.
· Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by “Anup the Baptizer” (“John the Baptist”), who was decapitated.
· He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his “witnesses” and were
named “Anup” and “Aan” (the two “Johns”).
· He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus (“El-
Osiris”), from the dead.
· Horus walked on water.
· His personal epithet was “Iusa,” the “ever-becoming son” of “Ptah,”
the “Father.” He was thus called “Holy Child.”
· He delivered a “Sermon on the Mount” and his followers recounted
the “Sayings of Iusa.”
· Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
· He was crucified between two thieves, buried for three days in a
tomb, and resurrected.
· He was also the “Way, the Truth, the Light,” “Messiah,” “God’s
Anointed Son,” the “Son of Man,” the “Good Shepherd,” the “Lamb of
God,” the “Word made flesh,” the “Word of Truth,” etc.
· He was “the Fisher” and was associated with the Fish (“Ichthys”),
Lamb and Lion.
· He came to fulfill the Law.
· Horus was called “the KRST,” or “Anointed One.”
· Like Jesus, “Horus was supposed to reign one thousand years.”
Furthermore, inscribed about 3,500 years ago on the walls of the Temple at Luxor were images of the Annunciation, Immaculate Conception, Birth and Adoration of Horus, with Thoth announcing to the Virgin Isis that she will conceive
Horus; with Kneph, the “Holy Ghost,” impregnating the virgin; and with the infant being attended by three kings, or magi, bearing gifts. In addition, in the catacombs at Rome are pictures of the baby Horus being held by the virgin mother Isis—the original “Madonna and Child.”
As Massey says:
It was the gnostic art that reproduced the Hathor-Meri and Horus of Egypt as the Virgin and child-Christ of Rome . . . You poor idiotai, said the Gnostics [to the early Christians], you have mistaken the mysteries of old for modern history, and accepted literally all that was only meant mystically.
Moreover, A. Churchward relates another aspect of the Egyptian religion found in Catholicism:
We see in the ancient Catholic churches, over the main altar, an equilateral triangle, and within it an eye. The addition of the eye to the triangle originated in Egypt—“the all seeing eye of Osiris.”

I have tried to study Osiris and i find that pre-jesus pharaohs and gods made refernece to Osiris/Horus way before jesus was born so i wonder if Jesus's true life story is known or was it just copy,edit and paste
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2012
in africa hiding from herod and his henchmen and the thug centurion niggaz of the roman empire cry
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2012
Delafruita:
read the infancy gospel of thomas

Found this:

Content of Infancy Gospel of Thomas

The text describes the life of the child Jesus, with fanciful, and sometimes malevolent, supernatural events, comparable to the trickster nature of the god-child in many a Greek myth. One of the episodes involves Jesus making clay birds, which he then proceeds to bring to life, an act also attributed to Jesus in Quran 5:110; although in the Quran it is not attributed to him as a child, nor as an adult. In another episode, a child disperses water that Jesus has collected, Jesus then curses him, which causes the child's body to wither into a corpse. Another child dies when Jesus curses him when he apparently accidentally bumps into Jesus, throws a stone at Jesus, or punches Jesus (depending on the translation).
When Joseph and Mary's neighbors complain, they are miraculously struck blind by Jesus. Jesus then starts receiving lessons, but arrogantly tries to teach the teacher instead, upsetting the teacher who suspects supernatural origins. Jesus is amused by this suspicion, which he confirms, and revokes all his earlier apparent cruelty. Subsequently he resurrects a friend who is killed when he falls from a roof, and heals another who cuts his foot with an axe.
After various other demonstrations of supernatural ability, new teachers try to teach Jesus, but he proceeds to explain the law to them instead. There is another set of miracles in which Jesus heals his brother who is bitten by a snake, and two others who have died from different causes. Finally, the text recounts the episode in Luke in which Jesus, aged twelve, teaches in the temple.
Although the miracles seem quite randomly inserted into the text, there are three miracles before, and three after, each of the sets of lessons. The structure of the story is essentially:
Bringing life to a dried fish (this is only present in later texts)
(First group)
3 Miracles - Breathes life into birds fashioned from clay, curses a boy, who then becomes a corpse, curses a boy who falls dead and his parents become blind
Attempt to teach Jesus which fails, with Jesus doing the teaching
3 Miracles - Reverses his earlier acts, resurrects a friend who fell from a roof, heals a man who chopped his foot with an axe
(Second group)
3 Miracles - Carries water on cloth, produces a feast from a single grain, stretches a beam of wood to help his father finish constructing a bed
Attempts to teach Jesus, which fail, with Jesus doing the teaching
3 Miracles - Heals James from snake poison, resurrects a child who died of illness, resurrects a man who died in a construction accident
Incident in the temple paralleling Luke
It is also seen in the Infancy Gospel of Thomas that from the age of five years old until the age of twelve, the young Jesus had killed at least three people, two children and one adult teacher. They were not brought back to life.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by plaetton: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
Emmy9ite: He was with his family learning his father's handiwork (carpentry)

News Flash!! neither Jesus nor Joseph was a carpenter. The bible never said so,the early translations.

The early texts say that Joseph was a crafstman . The biblical translators wanted to give Jesus a Humble beginning, so they just interpreted "Craftsman" as carpenter. Jesus, from all indications, was from a wealthy family.

Craftsman was a term usually employed to describe goldsmiths,ironsmiths , etc.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Chubhie: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
Some say he went down to tibet to study while others say he spent his early childhood in Egypt...I have conducted my own independent research on this very matter long ago and still have various arguments from most of the parties involved so as to make an informed decision....Have still not been able to achieve that cos most of the different schools argues to cancel each other out. But from what i could deduce from all those arguments....be it the satanist,Jews,Christians,Islam and the occult is that Jesus walked the face of the earth but his infancy and death is still hotly debated. The infancy gospel of Thomas could be an interesting read or youtube 'secret lives of jesus if you dont like reading.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
Chubhie: Some say he went down to tibet to study while others say he spent his early childhood in Egypt...I have conducted my own independent research on this very matter long ago and still have various arguments from most of the parties involved so as to make an informed decision....Have still not been able to achieve that cos most of the different schools argues to cancel each other out. But from what i could deduce from all those arguments....be it the satanist,Jews,Christians,Islam and the occult is that Jesus walked the face of the earth but his infancy and death is still hotly debated. The infancy gospel of Thomas could be an interesting read or youtube 'secret lives of jesus if you dont like reading.

You are right and in my own research i have come to see that the egyptian connection definitely proves to be the strongest argument in this matter but i may be wrong though...
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2012
Some accounts say that he spent some of his younger days in India, Kashmir, Tibet and he spent a long time with the Budhist Monks some of whom still revere him till today.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
We are making progress, I am yet to see anyone come up with a generally acceptable information through data mining or psychic visions on the whereabouts of the great Jesus, the Christ between age 13-29, let us also, with due respect, try to investigate if in fact it was the same Jesus that lectured certain teachers at Jerusalem at age 12, that was crucified in his 30s, I have no reason to disbelieve that information . More minds are welcome to shade lights on these dark days in the life of the founder of Christianity, the conquering Lion of Tribe of Judah, The King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. With all due respects, I will welcome bible theologians too to assist in enlightening the house. We are here to learn from one another and strengthen our knowledge base. Even the Bible says "For ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free". Lets seek the truth.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by aletheia(m): 1:55am On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45:
You are right and in my own research i have come to see that the egyptian connection definitely proves to be the strongest argument in this matter but i may be wrong though...
^
Research? Dubious to say the least. . .given that you said this:
mkmyers45:
Nothing wey i no go see for NL...mr man bring the chapter and verse make we see or else shut it
. . .and your "research" didn't lead you to this:
John 21: 25 (And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.)
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 5:22am On Aug 28, 2012
aletheia:
^
Research? Dubious to say the least. . .given that you said this:

. . .and your "research" didn't lead you to this:
John 21: 25 (And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.)
You cannot seek for an unaldultrated account and be looking in the bible..anyway i did miss that verse but my readings are based other ancient and verified text..
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2012
This honorable religion Section of the forum is yet to solve the exploits of Jesus, the great Christ between Age 13-29; Does this mean the 13-29 Episode in Jesus' Life is a cold case ? Unsolved ?
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by mkmyers45(m): 12:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
Billyonaire: This honorable religion Section of the forum is yet to solve the exploits of Jesus, the great Christ between Age 13-29; Does this mean the 13-29 Episode in Jesus' Life is a cold case ? Unsolved ?

What do you have to say about the subject matter?
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by dekung(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2012
Billyonaire: This honorable religion Section of the forum is yet to solve the exploits of Jesus, the great Christ between Age 13-29; Does this mean the 13-29 Episode in Jesus' Life is a cold case ? Unsolved ?
Why not tell us what you know and then we debate it from there
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Delafruita(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
historical accounts cannot exist for a person who never existed.eusebius and his fellows only penned accounts that were required for their new religion.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Chubhie: 3:21pm On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45:

You could be right bro.
Re: Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 by Chubhie: 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
Billy,If you have a more plausible version do kindly drop am make we examine them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Present Your First Fruits / Nuclearboy Puts Deep Sights's Concerns On Xtianity To The Sword / Today Is Good Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.