Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,667 members, 7,862,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:26 AM

I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan (709 Views)

Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Buhari, Osinbajo Preside Over Emblem Appeal Launch For 2016 Armed Forces (Photos / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by bilms(m): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2012
I won’t preside over a divided Nigeria — Jonathan
August 26, 2012 by OLALEKAN ADETAYO and LEKE BAIYEWU 280 Comments
President Goodluck Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan
| credits:

Amid the declaration of “independence” by some groups in the country, President Goodluck Jonathan has said he remains committed to the unity of the country.

Jonathan spoke through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, on Friday in Abuja.

The president’s comment came against the backdrop of the declaration of independence by the Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People and the Bakassi Self-Determination Front, all of them from the South-South zone.

The Biafran Zionist Movement had issued a similar threat.

Despite these moves, Abati said the president believed strongly in the indivisibility of the country.

He said, “The Federal Government is committed to the unity of Nigeria. It also believes strongly in the indivisibility of the country. This is also enshrined in the constitution.

“The president has made it clear that he would not preside over a divided Nigeria.

On the groups declaring “republics,” Abati said the news had so far remained in the realms of online reports with nobody coming out publicly to make the declarations.

“These things are only seen on the Internet. It is easy for people to sit in the comfort of their rooms and make pronouncements.

“But the country remains one and the government is committed to that unity,” he said.

But Abati was not forthcoming on the specific steps the government would take against the groups that had made these pronouncements.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-preside-over-a-divided-nigeria-jonathan/
Re: I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by Clerverly: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2012
Are you sure Odechukwu? Cos all your actions speak differently undecided
Re: I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by bilms(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2012
grin
Re: I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by princenayo: 11:04am On Aug 27, 2012
GBAM
Re: I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2012
Clerverly: Are you sure Odechukwu? Cos all your actions speak differently undecided

It does matter whether Jonathan stand for "one" Nigeria or not, in due time, the whiteman's failed experiment called Nigeria will fragment into the default status.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Preside Over A Divided Nigeria — Jonathan by bilms(m): 11:51am On Aug 27, 2012
i dont understand u

(1) (Reply)

Police In Abuja Arrest Lawyer Who Is leader Of Armed Robbery Gang / Senate Gets 57 Requests For New States / Ondo Election Blues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.