Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,066 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction (22640 Views)

Senate Orders Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission To Suspend 40% Hike / Senate Orders Jonathan's Probe / Jonathan Orders CBN To Stop N5,000 Note Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by chyzoo4u(m): 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
Weren't they consulted before it was approved last december?
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Nonnyrose: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ninilowo: I ve said it over and over that this mallam had just two issues immediately he came 1. To deal with Erastus n Ibru 2. To prepare for 2015.

u re so right my broda
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
Thank God.many Nigerians don't knw d imminent danger dat will follow d intro of this new denomination,esp in this present economy.this is a wise decision by d senate...GOD punish dis mallam dat z boko haramizing us with hz pen and policy
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Nonnyrose: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Ninilowo:
HAI!

HAI
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by papaejima1: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Chai! Let God bless the man that thought of this suspension!
The policy is totally foolish!

It's not rocket science for crying out loud. Even the market woman knows it's a wrong move.
There is fear and trepidation in the minds of the populace.
How come this mallam can't even feel the atmosphere his id.iotic policy is generating in the country?

SMH
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Chanchit: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
pembisco: So we stl av sensible leaders at d senate! Dt means hope dei 4 we contri oh...or wt do u tink?
Which sensible senators..? All this one they jst said na wash, they jst feel like whining Nigerians, u think they don't know about the whole thing, bros no dullin' o, u beta ja ur sef..

2 Likes

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Chanchit: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
pembisco: So we stl av sensible leaders at d senate! Dt means hope dei 4 we contri oh...or wt do u tink?
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by nitlad: 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
haha... Charade this is
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by YINKS89(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
dats vewi cwazy of our pple angry
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Pakavy(m): 7:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
amen o!i only hope is not 1 of their face saving politiking pranks
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by EmmyBoy2(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
cheesy grin
spyder880: Toothless senators, what happened to their order to stop the new plate number that reads from the right to left?
; lol
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by gbadexy(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Thank God that we have the senate.
Regardless of their numerous shortcomings, at least some sort of authority is ensuring the C.B.N governor does not go ahead with this folly.
I am yet to meet this kind of person, although I have never criticized the man before, but this decision leaves much to be desired.
The people are saying they don't want the 5000 naira note, yet you are insisting on doing it!
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by kensandrea: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2012
[size=20pt]TO HELL WITH DEM THIS ARE ALL POLITICAL GAMES[/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by asudan: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
nosa gold: Now this is definitely affeting d price of garri in the market
you always talk about garri every time.na garri be ur best food
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by ismhab(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
spyder880: Toothless senators, what happened to their order to stop the new plate number that reads from the right to left?
And even petrol subsidy removal.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by mrrock: 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Good job senate.

Also educate Sanusi that if he actually want Nigeria to go cashless he should withdraw the 1,000 note, N500, N200, N100 from circulation leaving N50 note as the biggest currency in the land. This will effectively force everybody to go cashless without causing hardship to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by born2boink(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
noblezone: I don't need to be on the finance sector to know that Sanusi is wrong.

So wrong that I want Soludo back.
you will never lack anything in life, God will make greater andd you shall be succesful in life for making this comments, infact goodness,mercy,favour shall follow you

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Aikayy: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
Phew!! I feel so relieved...... SLS is such a clueless mor.on! What is he still doing heading d CBN? From islamic banking, he sold multi billion naira banks to one million naira share capital banks, then cashless policy, and now N5,000 note. IF ANY OF U GUYS C HIM, PLS ASK HIM WHAT REALLY ARE HIS PLANS?
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by ismhab(m): 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
Michky: For the first time, i salute the senate for this order. I hereby move the motion that this cattle rearer be replaced and sent back to his primary contituency (the cattles)with immediate effect. If you're with me say HAI!
Are u saluting the house of criminals members, may be they need their own share.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by tuasefemi(m): 7:38pm On Aug 27, 2012
We will all be surprised that at d end Ơ̴̴͡f d briefing,these people would be †ђε ones to clap 4 him
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by purplekayc(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
Boazizzy08: I personally think the timing is wrong,moreover N40billion can address many issues presently instead of printing new notes.
We don suffer 4 diz country . U struggle to pay minimum wage as they claim and they r spending billions on new currencies

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by lukman4love(m): 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2012
All of them are thief then knw wht are doing
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Siga: 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
Michky: For the first time, i salute the senate for this order. I hereby move the motion that this cattle rearer be replaced and sent back to his primary contituency (the cattles)with immediate effect. If you're with me say HAI!
...Hey...all na film trick....the note will be in circulation pretty soon...learn from experience...
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by manny4life(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2012
For the first time in their session this year, they've gotten it right... smiley smiley smiley
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by ZeusI: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
I think that; that move is a ruse to reduce the tension on the masses as well as the pressure it's gathering.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by Acidosis(m): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
Whatever.

Things like this make them flex muscle (senate), bunch of cowar..ds
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by stannydon(m): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
Is quite unfortunate that GEJ is allowing this housa idiot called Sanusi to destabilize his administration. At a time Nigerians are thinking of strategies to strenghten security issues, he is busy thinking of ideas that will cause coax in the polity. #5000 bill has no positive economic effect, reducing #20,10and 5 bill to coins shows that the guy did not understand the economic implication and therefore should resign his job as a cbn governor with immediate effect. Coins are token money which costs of production are higher than their value, and what a heck is he trying to make naira valueless? He should be warned
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by maasoap(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
noblezone: I don't need to be on the finance sector to know that Sanusi is wrong.

So wrong that I want Soludo back.
Sorry sir, Sanusi may be wrong on this one as you've said but Soludo was a disaster. He raised the Nigerian banks capital base to 25billion naira each, and right under his nose, that capital base of many banks were reduced to zero coz of corruption and he claimed he wasn't aware of their then financial situation.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by amades(m): 8:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
As for me, even if senate get informed financially by CBN and they approve this project, we Nigerians should reject the currency. By the time we all start rejecting the note, they will withdraw the notes back.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by wengerjay(m): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2012
It is high we resisted to be bamboozled by these un-armed robbers/rogues who call themselves senators/honourables.They re jst barking bt cant bite.They wil be the first set of people to benefit from the largesse being prepared by the govt to support the bill in the house once it is discussed on the floor.At least,it wil nw come in portable brief-case and nt in the usual bogus ghana-must-go bags.Imagine,a bail of #5000 note wil amt to #500,000.Executive arm robbery,may God rescue us from these tyrannies who re bent on inflicting abject penury on the masses.
Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by jammer777: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2012
Kindly 4give ma numerical thinking, S(s)anusi is antichrist. Sanusi(6 letters) Lamido(6 letters) Sanusi(6 letters), 666. No gud can ever come from him. Take ma words, the light is shinning and dark comprehended it not.

1 Like

Re: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend N5000 Note Introduction by gegee(m): 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2012
At least they acted on d concerns of the people even if temporarily

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sacked MD Approves Multi Million Loan For Allies; Backdates Records / Widows Protest Against Obiano In Onitsha Over Severe Hardship / Burial Parade For DSP Mayowa Ojerinde At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.