Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Suggestion On Softwares To Use - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Suggestion On Softwares To Use (687 Views)

Suggestion On A Good Table Lamb / I Need A Suggestion On Laptop To Buyfor Downloading Business! / Unlock Pc Softwares To Licensed! Come In To Get Ya Software Registered. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion On Softwares To Use by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
Please I need a software that will replace an Antivirus program on my networked computers. It actually public. Can I have any suggestions?

Thank you
Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
Why not get Kaspersky Enterprise version?
Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
Lord_Reed: Why not get Kaspersky Enterprise version?

Reed the problem is dat I don't to use an antivirius bc I fear for voluminous updates may suck the internet bandwidth hereby causing slow net work.

Tx
Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by LordReed(m): 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ranks007:

Reed the problem is dat I don't to use an antivirius bc I fear for voluminous updates may suck the internet bandwidth hereby causing slow net work.

Tx

Well there is no help to that unless you disable automatic updates. The only AV product I know that provides offline updates is Avast, Norton used to but I think they've stopped it.
Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by yamakuza: 2:57am On Aug 29, 2012
Ranks007: Please I need a software that will replace an Antivirus program on my networked computers. It actually public. Can I have any suggestions?

Thank you

DeepFreeze might work, if you dont mind losing unfrozen data each time you restart.
Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by Maleeq(m): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Well there is no help to that unless you disable automatic updates. The only AV product I know that provides offline updates is Avast, Norton used to but I think they've stopped it.
All (decent) AVP support offline updates, Norton and Kaspersky inclusive.

For the enterprise version of Kaspersky/Norton, you can redirect update resolution to a local "server" on your network. In effect, the "server" downloads the updates (just one time) and serves this updates to other machines (clients) on your network.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion On Softwares To Use by LordReed(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Maleeq:
All (decent) AVP support offline updates, Norton and Kaspersky inclusive.

For the enterprise version of Kaspersky/Norton, you can redirect update resolution to a local "server" on your network. In effect, the "server" downloads the updates (just one time) and serves this updates to other machines (clients) on your network.

Thanks for the info.

(1) (Reply)

Demonoid Is Back, Bittorrenttracker Is Now Online / Free Text / Selling My Dstv Decoder Plus Dish With Full Free Channels 4life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.