Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? (15823 Views)

Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight In Mile 12, Lagos (Photos) / #PHOTO Boko Haram Fights With Snakes. / Educational Qualifications: Yoruba Governors Vs Igbo Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by comradefery: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2012
Because of these nauseating tribal comments, i've lost huge interest in NL, thus making me to avoid opening some threads to avoid annoying my self and making comments i may regret later. The situation has so degenerated that I concluded that, Nigeria has no future with mainly such youths of hate. Indeed the forum is swiftly losing its essence, and soon am gonna wave eternal goodbye to NairaLand!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by y2kaustin(m): 7:33am On Aug 29, 2012
dasparrow:

You know it's a silly thread yet you respond to it rather than ignoring it. Why are you such a bitter individual? Na wa for cyberspace!

I know! Just terrible.

Lately, it's been really bad on nairaland with the tribal bashing. A thread cannot even be created without ethnic bigots infiltrating the thread. Sadly, you have Nigerians like the ones here on nairaland who are extremely bigoted in real life. This is one of the reasons why I keep Nigerians at bay here abroad. I can't just imagine having to deal with racism from whites, akatas and then tribalist Nigerians on top of that. That will be too much hateraid to have to deal with. Good luck to Nigeria as a country because with many of her citizens fighting and hating each other unnecessarily, I don't see how the country will progress.

...Continue remainin a slave in to ur conscience and also a slave in foreign land.Make sure you don't come back,coward,a.K.A hypocrite!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Lordmike: 7:41am On Aug 29, 2012
we need to stop it as we are the same humans and nobody determines where he or she will be born from.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ajf(m): 7:42am On Aug 29, 2012
I have many Igbo friends and some my besties. It's either we are living a lie or this place is a complete joke lol...
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by dayokanu(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2012
Desola:

ibo, not igbo. Igbo is weed.

Igbo for clarity
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by jamil2(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2012
This thread is of no use, let it be continue happening endlessly the trabalism hatred as well as bigotry simple!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by gbanikiti(m): 7:53am On Aug 29, 2012
One_Naira:

Incase you weren't aware, Seun is equally involved in the tribalism threads and comments. It's not just mukina2 and aishatua1. All three are involved, so naturally it is of no surprise he's not doing anything.
was that why she banned me? Now I can see the reason.seems tribalism has come to stay.ok na.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by BlackBaron: 8:07am On Aug 29, 2012
Bunch of reprobrate minds.
Couldn't care less. It doesn't affect me at all. Yabbing my tribe wouldn't remove any iota of positive virtue from me. In real life, you'll even get bored trying to pick fights with me cos I just wouldn't give you the attention you desire.
The atmosphere might be a bit toxic for some though.

Tis fights mostly revolves around a clique of hateful damaged users with their demented alter-egos on both sides.
However, one can't rule out the plausiblity of a warped demented person seeking revenge for 'words said in cyberspace.'
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by maigaskiya1: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2012
Obiagu1:

... and who told you Igbos don't resent Yorubas in real life? They are not Nigerians and they should go.
aro oko niye
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Duxe(f): 8:29am On Aug 29, 2012
Mbok how d tin take con-sign me na?!
Continue with the hates! Abuse yourselves n entertain people like me,who is neither igbo nor yoruba!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Odinaka00(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2012
If dem lyk make dem continue d hate na, it still wudnt reduce d price of GARRI in d market
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ZeusI: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2012
Oh! That reminds me, i made some experimental research on the Igbos and i find out that aside the white jews, igbos are the only nations that can be formidable in regards to hostility unleashed by their enemies, say, if an Igbo dies as a result of anything(his/her endeavours), a more arcane thirty Igbos will rise in the fomer's stead. That is why they are envy of their foes, just like their jewish counterpart(white jews).

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by jude33084(m): 9:06am On Aug 29, 2012
gbanikiti: was that why she banned me? Now I can see the reason.seems tribalism has come to stay.ok na.

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ average Yorubawa is ∂ tribal bigot. They are ready Ť☺ criticise Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† ever Ɣ☺Ʊ do if U̶̲̥̅̊
r nt O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ of them? undecided

Ask seun cool

ΆŋԂ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ igbos are nt also helping issues; always on τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ headlines of every news paper for lipsrsealed

Ŧħåϯ aside grin we are brothers from O̶̲̥̅̊nE̶̲̥̅̊ Fup country called lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 29, 2012
Its true am so tired of this bigotry, but erm...can we still bash the hausa fulani grin
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Clemzy16(m): 9:23am On Aug 29, 2012
It is pathetic to know that fellow Nigerians/Nairalanders have hatread for one another. We're far matured and It's time we do away with these whole ethnic war. I never knew the meaning of Tribalist until i got to Nairaland. I don't see any reason why we should have less love for one another, Afterall, We're one nation and people. Initially, when i see people bashing themselves on social-networking sites as regard Nairaland, i thought it was some kind of fun to go with. Until recently, when i discovered the discrimination we have for each other. Moreover, It's hard to see these same people either bashing or fighting each other in real life just because of the little differences they have. However, when you see your fellow Nigerian abroad, perhaps Germany, and the white man is practising Racism on him/her, are you just going to sit down and do nothing just because You're a Tribalist. THAT'S TOO WICKED TO GO WITH. The earlier we better change our so-called african mentality, the better for each and everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Obijulius: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2012
Zeus I: Oh! That reminds me, i made some experimental research on the Igbos and i find out that aside the white jews, igbos are the only nations that can be formidable in regards to hostility unleashed by their enemies, say, if an Igbo dies as a result of anything(his/her endeavours), a more arcane thirty Igbos will rise in the fomers stead. That is why they are envy of their foes, just like their jewish counterpart(white jews).

U spoke well, like d proverbial Jew, everything an Igbo man touches turns into gold...especially when they apply themselves to virtuous endeavours. Its a mystery, where others seem to fail d Igbo seem to excel, there is something about them that excites and annoys the others.

The Igbo man has success written all over him, with this Midas touch its not out of place to have detractors-enter the Yorubas. In fact the average Hausa man admires the hardwork of an igbo man.

D igbo man craves fair competition over nepotism, further endearing himself to like minds. He is also careful to ensure that his dependants appreciate that what you know, and not who you know, will bring u success in life.

How will I complete this post without making the yorubas look like the antagonists. But then we must say and face the truth. A lot of tribes in this country look up to the igbos for inspiration-especially the smaller tribes. We owe them a commitment to fairness in the affairs of this vain amalgam called Nigeria.

Like the Jews, we would never allow any tribe/race threaten our economic success or survival! We will deal with them the way Israel deals with Iran, the Palestinians and the Arabs.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2012
Dis is really painful...where is d luv
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by outofthebox: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2012
I PRAY THE COUNTRY SPLITS FOR GOOD..THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO US YORUBA.
LETS SEE WHO GO SUFFER PASS
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2012
outofthebox: I PRAY THE COUNTRY SPLITS FOR GOOD..THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO US YORUBA.
Nobody creates a country to see who will suffer the most. If that's your reason for wanting your own country then it's unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by CHouse: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2012
Imagine people who can't even come to terms with who they really are claiming they are migrant Jews from Israel now accusing yorubas of not being originally Nigerian. Come on, let face it. Agreed, Yoruba was never part of the Nigeria project right from onset because the Old Yoruba kingdom was a country on her own with well-organised social-political institutions in place. We weren't Jews, Arabs like others. Which tribe/ethnic was originally Nigerian prior to slavery and Lugard's almagamation huh?
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ichidodo: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Igbo for clarity
c dis yiriba arse. Jealous yoruba fuckt
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Your writing styles are very similar...probably the two most similar on NL. I guess this is why people say you are the same person.

cheddarking:

Allow Shymmex\bittyend abeg...
The moist nicca thinks we no go cana...

Writing styles similar
Back story similar
Both have claimed the igbo as their fave tribe.
Both pretend to be London Roadmans
Both follow each other
Both lurk the same sections of NL
Both have a propensity to chat shyte.
Both accounts created within 2 weeks of each other.

Oya call me a 'stan'

Lol
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by viktor556(m): 9:52am On Aug 29, 2012
The only problem I gat wt Ibos is wt their guys, always think they are smarter than the average yoruba guys...and their girls, most lovable..(Yoruba girls too de form jare).
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 29, 2012
exxell: Frankly speaking, I dont know why but I hate the Yorubas with passion. Its like a gene or inborn trait in me. I heard their gals smell like rotten egg of one week
Mixed with the intestines of a dead, rotten goat. I also heard they betrayed us during the Biafra war. Anyways; stories my father told me! Finally, he strictly warned me not to date a yoruba girl. Dudes, Does this ring a bell; Ruggedman/9ice, Psquare/May D, Don Baba J/Dbanj? A word is not enough for the wise. I believe the wise dont need words at all.

Lol woooooow!

Smh.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by gbadexy(m): 9:58am On Aug 29, 2012
pazienza: Eziachi said it all. Nairaland is the true reflection of how we feel about each other. To my igbo brothers,dayo and desola could be those your yoruba friends you like in life,you share a lot of secrets with them,yet in their innermost of heart,they hate your group and that invariably includes you, the Ojukwu and Aluko friendship comes in mind.

The fall of igbo nation was as a result of our leaders not knowing the true heart of other tribes,from ironsi surrounding himself with non igbos,to zik so trusting of his yoruba friends that he thought he could rule yorubas,his loss and the need to make space for him in the east, created the eyo ita saga that nigerian propaganda machine exploited against biafra,to ojukwu too trusting of yorubas,aluko,banjo,and awolowo.

Nairaland enables us,the young igbo generation to learn more about nigerians,igbos are travellers and we tend to have most of us born in foreign lands,as we saw in Ojukwu,zik and the rest. Most liberal igbos we have here are igbos that were born in foreign lands,or have resided there for most of their lifes,their reality of nigeria is no different from that of zik,ironsi and ojukwu in the 1960's,nairaland helps them to see the bigger picture.
We are not even done discussing this thread and this person is typing a one sided, skewed and biased trash.
So ibo people are the saints and all the tribe were just beefing them? I guess you didn't know that the aguiyi ironsi/ ojukwu saga was a fallout of the jan 1967 coup, or the intricacies between awolowo, zik and co during that time.
Even this poster is biased and probably doesn't know history and depends on tales.
This attitude of all other tribes hating ibo is really irritating. If it were the region that produces oil, it would have been possible. But on what basis should the yoruba envy and then hate the ibos naturally?
Well, ibos are tribalistic by nature, even among themselves. They almost always start the insult and when others retaliate they would say they hate them.
I really wonder at the intelligence of people, initially no region dislikes each other, it is the political leaders with their propaganda that shaped their people's thinking.
I know that awolowo family is one of the richest family in nigeria, and that he wanted to be president. It is also obvious that ojukwu wanted to be president of a country (independent biafra) and still till today all the leaders some people are fighting on their behalf are making money and benefiting their families alone. But seemingly educated people are still living in the past and being influenced by the war time propaganda that was designed to taunt others into war and that such person wasn't even alive then.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by zannie(f): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2012
All round I consider myself a Nigerian and a humanist. Me being an Igbo lady does not stop me from helping or making friends with anybody. Like someone said, it does not affect the price of garri in the market(lwkmd). U can always hate on one tribe and watch the hate reduce you to nothing, which is sad, or u can embrace everyone and spread positivity and love. For me, I think that's wat our struggle should be about. I come from a place where we are all seen as Nigerians. In my secondary school we were all shielded from this kind of hate and that's what has shaped me. Some of my closest friends today are not even Igbo. Shout out to Kemi, Peju, Deji, Aniete, Hadiza, Ini, etc etc. One love!!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ZeusI: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2012
outofthebox: I PRAY THE COUNTRY SPLITS FOR GOOD..THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO US YORUBA.
I second that motion(on behalf of Igbos). Those against; say naaaaaay....!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by ZeusI: 10:33am On Aug 29, 2012
CHouse: Imagine people who can't even come to terms with who they really are claiming they are migrant Jews from Israel now accusing yorubas of not being originally Nigerian. Come on, let face it. Agreed, Yoruba was never part of the Nigeria project right from onset because the Old Yoruba kingdom was a country on her own with well-organised social-political institutions in place. We weren't Jews, Arabs like others. Which tribe/ethnic was originally Nigerian prior to slavery and Lugard's almagamation huh?
Nigeria, as a name was derived from Niger(River Niger: which is situated in the old eastern region), know that. And Igbos were themselves organised in a smaller republican system of governance unlike the yorubas who were practising monarchy as their system as well as Hausas, though, theirs(Hausas: [after the arrival of Fulanis under Dan-Fodio]) was a bit theocratical and a sort of absolutism. So every tribe was unique in their own system and way.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by redsun(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2012
Tribal worlds are third worlds(mental stagnation).While the racist worlds are mostly "first worlds"(supremacy).

It is expected of blindly tribal people to backward.And senselessly egoistic racists to be destructive.Both are chronic plagues and threats to mother nature.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by free2ryhme: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights Have Become Embarassments To The Rest Of Us

If is is not an Awo thread opened to bad mouth Yorubas, it is an Ojukwu thread designed to do the same to the Igbos.
If it is not a thread about armed robbers and kidnappers in Igboland, it is a thread about a Yoruba man who has killed his wife in a horific manner.

Enough of the crap, you people have become an embarassment to the rest of us. The funny thing is that I do not know a single Igbo man in real life who habours so much hatred for Yorubas or a Yoruba person with similar amount of hatred for Igbos. The Igbos I know want the same out of life and Nigeria as the Yorubas i.e. the betterment of Nigeria and a brighter future for their children.

The childishness is getting old and I appeal to you all to cut the crap.

You wanna die of heart attack? Guy nobody take comments here personal ... People come to offload tension and cause commotion .. yet you carry all these on your head abi you kill ya sef . All in the name of one Nigeria you dey give ultimatum.... Guy go Abuja and shout at National Assembly. If you want these to stop, Simple! there must be a revolution of the mind, attitude, xter, even a conflict if necessary for this Nigerian to be sane again
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by Gozzzy(m): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2012
warrahell.... I say screw d damn ndi ofe mmanu!! They are scavengers,that ar constituting more nuisance than can be borne!! Igbo people have absolutely nothing in common with them!! We are unique, just get that and try not comparing us with backstabbing,scavenging yorubas!! Crap!!
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Cat Fights: Are You Tired Of Them? by dacanv(m): 10:48am On Aug 29, 2012
Obiagu1:

... and who told you Igbos don't resent Yorubas in real life? They are not Nigerians and they should go.
shocked.go! As in how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MASSOB Will Soon Declare War On North / Court Of Appeal Orders Continuation Of Dino Melaye’s Recall From The Senate / Youths React As Touts Accompanying Taraba Governor's Convoy Shoot A Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.