Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The SAS Menace In Osun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SAS Menace In Osun State. (1070 Views)

Sophisticated Erosion Menace In SW Published In International Journals / Bukola Saraki: An Unwanted Menace In Kwara State -mr.rights / Proactive Measure To Fulani Menace In Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The SAS Menace In Osun State. by erad(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2012
Hi guys, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section but I don't even know where to classify it.
So there are these guys in town, ile-ife in osun state to be precise. They have a red van (more like a bullion van design) and on d van is a kinda poster where SAS is written and that's what everyone refers to them as. They are military men with uniforms more common to mobile policemen(MOPOL) and they have their guns around them also.
Now what's the job of these people? They are not there for thieves, nor kidnappers, nor touts or the likes. Their job is more described as "Fashion Police" in its literal sense. They watch out for "indecent" dressing.
My problem with them isn't with the somewhat irrelevant job they do, its with how they do it. Wen they see a lady who is indecently dressed by exposing probably sum unnecessary parts of her body like the cleavage and co (which I don't see as anybody's business), she is first molested (stripping her to her barest minimum and sumtimes nothing at all), she's ridiculed and then severely flogged till she can barely breath. I've been hearing a case recently where a bike man carrying a lady to wherever she was going to when they were stopped on the way by these people (SAS). The lady was exposing her cleavage and the next thing they did was pop her breasts out and forced the old bike man to suck on those breasts before the lady was as usual brutally dealt with. Please where is the sanity in this? What happened to rule of law? Are we in a state/country or in a secondary school??
I feel this is outrightly barbaric and a big denial of our human rights. But who am I? A nobody. This is the only voice I got (the internet) and all I can hope for is people read this and fortunately someone relevant in the society also does and gets it to the notice of appropriate agencies and bodies that can help act against all these. Please this is osun state and not osun comprehensive high school.

4 Likes

Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by gunuvi(m): 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
Are you serious this is happening in Nigeria?. With all the problems facing this country and we are overwhelmed by them we still have some people who are more interested in peoples dresses. When we need armed men like them to help fight BH to standstill they are busy taking advantage over helpless citizens. Shio!!
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by bashr8: 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
ACN invited them so report them to tinubu or the media outlets there in osun or lagos who are more concerned about how Mr okoro quarelled with his wife in imo state.

The lady was exposing her cleavage and the next thing they did was pop her bosoms out and forced the old bike man to suck on those bosoms
the old man enjoy be that.
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by gramci: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
There are lots of criminals in uniform.
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by CHouse: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
This is highly embarassing. I can't even process how dumb the governor and his mediocre cohorts came up with this primitive idea. It all boils down to the selfish personal prejudice of the bigot Aregbe. The people of osun better wake the F up before this outfit metamorphose into something else. BH started like an innocent state tool.
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by asha80(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
hehe they are called 'O dressing' police.
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by htajz: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2012
just terrible.
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by PaulJohn1: 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
I went to ilesha(Osun state) today and ate in the same cafeteria with these SAS. They are just combination of military men, police officers and MOPOL. The ones I even ate with are purely military men in their uniforms and huge guns. There are not to cause panic, but to retain peace in the state. I read on their red van "SAS(Swift Action Squad)". From a reliable source, I asked if those police men and the military guys can't be used for evil acts in wish of the state government. The reply was that "the agents(police and military men) are fully under Federal government, but the state government can give them some assignment to carry out. If any assignment is out of what Federal government is in support, these men would be cautioned by the federal government, since they're still under the FGN". Be calm bro, no probs cool
Re: The SAS Menace In Osun State. by Beta2: 4:38am On Aug 29, 2012
It is understandable that the level of 'indecency' is high,and something needs to be done about it.when we talk about corruption,it is not just about bribery and embezzlement,this is a very high level of corruption-SEXUAL HARRASSMENT.The deed has been done yeah,but the governor if truly a working and efficient governor needs to 'fish' out the 'damned official' that commanded this act and ensure he is openly punished severely,to serve as an example to other haters of progress,only God knows whatelse he has been doing.If people are nt well dressed,corrective measures should be put in place,neither beating nor any form of unreasonable harrassment but a sensible approach like building a center to take them to after they are picked up from the road and can be detained for days and teach them,elighten them on the issue,this would even create employment for both the unemployed educated and uneducated citizens and reduce several forms of corruption in our society at large.Harrassment will just bring about a rebellious group of people.The governor needs to fasten his belt as even some see it as a religious based movement,he needs to become a working governor,a man of the people,not an office governor just for decoration.Some also see it as inequality,it is absolutely a crime against our human rights,what do they take the people for?Illiterates?Even if it is a rumor,the governor needs to make proper clarifications!if not,I sincerely wish someone or an organisation could sue the state government!OUTRAGEOUS!

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart The Most Translated Book In African History / What To Do In The Event Of A Nuclear War / 2015: Igbo Group Swears To Punish Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.