Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Microsoft's New Logo. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft's New Logo. (705 Views)

Windows 10: Microsoft's New Browser Is A FAILURE - Find Out Why / Microsoft Unveils New Logo - First Major Change In 25 Years / Outlook.com: Microsoft's New & Better Email Service (goodbye Hotmail) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft's New Logo. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2012

Twenty five years after the introduction of its last company logo, Microsoft decided it’s time for a change.
The new logo is not a radical departure from the current one. The colors from its previous, “wavy” logo, are the same — red, green, yellow and blue, but the logo is now square, similar to the Windows 8 logo and in line with Microsoft’s recent design direction.
“This is an incredibly exciting year for Microsoft as we prepare to release new versions of nearly all of our products. From Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8 to Xbox services to the next version of Office, you will see a common look and feel across these products providing a familiar and seamless experience on PCs, phones, tablets and TVs. This wave of new releases is not only a reimagining of our most popular products, but also represents a new era for Microsoft, so our logo should evolve to visually accentuate this new beginning,” wrote Microsoft’s Jeffrey Meisner in a blog post .
The new logo already adorns Microsoft’s website . Furthermore, it can be seen today in three Microsoft retail stores — Boston, Seattle’s University Village and Bellevue, Wash. — and it’s coming to all of the company’s stores in the “next few months.”
_
SOURCE
Re: Microsoft's New Logo. by Seun(m): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
I could have created the logo for them. Four colored squares and their name in Arial. I wonder how many millions of dollars it cost them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Microsoft's New Logo. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
It's not Arial, it's Myriad Pro. Or an offshoot of it.
Re: Microsoft's New Logo. by mkmyers45(m): 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2012
SimonAndal: It's not Arial, it's Myriad Pro. Or an offshoot of it.
Still looks cheap..
Re: Microsoft's New Logo. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45: Still looks cheap..
_
I know, it's a flop on MSFT's part.

(1) (Reply)

No Sound On My Dell Laptop / Tablet Pc From China / Pls Where Can I Buy Rj45 Clips And Lan Cables in Bulk????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.