Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem (805 Views)

Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem by oluagness(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
Help! I am writing about: Travelling salesman problem
Hint: Given a list of cities and their pairwise distances, the task is to find the shortest possible route that visits each city exactly once and returns to the origin city
Can Anybody help me? Which algorithm is the best and how can I get the code? May God bless you.
Re: Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem by Javanian: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
i have done something like this before...what you may likely need do is get the co-ordinates of each city in (x,y) format e.g. Enugu(34,54), Lagos(53,34), Abuja(23,78) and so on from your map or graph(as the case may be)...to get the shortest distance between any of the two points you use square-root of [(x2-x1)2+(y2-y1)2]

Hope this helps..

Re: Help! I Am Writing About: Travelling Salesman Problem by mj(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
Just google it, u will get the code, itz in c#. I have d code on my other system I could have sent it to u but itz not here with me. I got it online.

(1) (Reply)

US Employee 'outsourced Job To China' / Help I Need C++ Compiler / Facebook Building Mobile Location-tracking App: Bloomberg Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.