Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims (1077 Views)

Crucified Again -exposing Islams New War On Christians / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / Why Christians/Muslims Get Offended By Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2012
If you have not realized now then let me spell it out for you.

T.H.E R.E.L.I.G.O.U.S A.L.R.E.A.D.Y K.N.O.W

Yes.... Christians and Muslims (Hindus et al) already know the truth.

So you are truly wasting time here trying to repeat things people already know. And churning out more facts would not change that, even if Curiosity (Robot in Mars) finds extra-interstitial life in Gale crater. Yes, I know it seems absurd but it is the truth.

However, just because they know... does not mean they would not defend their positions to death.

Atheists, need to switch up to another level or at least take on a different approach.

Here are my suggestions
1. Let Christians/Muslims come in terms with the truth. Many people are too proud to admit they have lost. So just give them time to digest reality. It is not easy. Offer support and encouragement.

2. Move on and focus on other important things. Atheists should spend their energies and time doing other more interesting things like: fighting for people's rights, doing good science, advocating for science to be taught in school, fighting for stem cell research etc Ranting and raving in blogs like Nairaland is not exactly constructive, especially considering the audience. It may be exciting but ... well.. but it is very inefficient. Maybe it used to work many years ago and they actually a few converts... but now... forget it.

3. Focus on the strengths of religion and explore meaningful alternatives for people. E.g. Religions good support systems for things. Let's admit it, they do have! And this is one of the reasons many people can't let go. For example, socializing, childcare, marriage, death etc. Most people know that to get Married for example you need a priest and they wrongly associate these two different things.

Well the list is not exhaustive... Nonetheless, trying to shout down ignorance in Nairaland, stopped working a long time ago.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Callotti: 9:11am On Aug 29, 2012
Thank you. kiss
Any thing else?
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2012
nothing else... just stating the facts
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
yeah tell your fellow heathen goons to quit trying to drag us into the bottomless pit with yall. i endorse this message grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by CrazyMan(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2012
Please help me tell them
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Callotti: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2012
We can't do without each other.
Till death do us part! kiss
WE ARE HERE TO TORTURE EACH OTHER GOOOOOOOD!!!
I lovvvvvit!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by saintvc(m): 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2012
And what is d truth
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by MacDaddy01: 10:52pm On Aug 29, 2012
Yes, a bit truthful.

The religionist here have quickly learnt to shelter themselves from reasoning and logic.

~However, some of them are showing signs of giving up grin
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2012
No one is letting up.

Ranting on Nairaland is ineffective. There are no new converts. In fact it makes people here feel like they are going up against the devil. No one cares about the brutality of the Bible or Quran. The greed and wanton immorality of the religious leaders and their followers. It is a complete waste of time.

Atheist must switch up their game.

1 Like

Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2012
Everyone on Nairaland has access to Google and Wikipedia. It is no longer and issue of ignorance.

Poverty compounded by lack of education is the main cause of this stalemate. Hungry people cannot reason. And without reasoning they remain hungry.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by MacDaddy01: 1:12am On Aug 30, 2012
zataxs: No one is letting up.

Ranting on Nairaland is ineffective. There are no new converts. In fact it makes people here feel like they are going up against the devil. No one cares about the brutality of the Bible or Quran. The greed and wanton immorality of the religious leaders and their followers. It is a complete waste of time.

Atheist must switch up their game.

But we have had people leaving christianity and islam here on nairaland.

Do your research bro
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by EvilBrain1(m): 2:47am On Aug 30, 2012
I don't consider it to be a waste of time to debate with religious people, even the fanatics. The fact is that even if the person you're arguing with refuses to bow to superior logic, there are plenty others who read my posts and gain some insight through them.

More often than not, the fanatics help to strengthen my arguments through their irrational statements and circular reasoning.
To me, debating on Nairaland is a humanitarian gesture. I'm trying to reduce the level of ignorance in our society. It is a noble thing to do.

Edit: Sorry, the autocorrect on my phone turned my post to gibberish. I think I've fixedall the errors now.

1 Like

Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by tpia5: 3:28am On Aug 30, 2012
do you atheists really feel you're making a moon landing with your rants on nl?

wonders will never cease sha- so this stuff is a matter of life and death for you.

amazing.

joblessness coupled with ignorance=you people.

lol.

anyway, carry on- your zeal can power a small transformer.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 4:26am On Aug 30, 2012
Ha ha... that's my point. The religious guys are not ignorant. They know, or they don't care. It is like a mother who loves her psychopathic son. Your rants of the truth are no longer effective. Just look at the debates here. When you unleash a link they unleash another from conservopedia or similar site. It is a zero sum process
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 4:33am On Aug 30, 2012
Take tpia's response for example. Either he/she has not understood what I am saying or does even care to understand. The moment they see it is an attack on their beliefs they just defend. Most of the time trying to copy and twist your facts. Atheists you are no longer making any new converts here and it is time you snap out of it.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 4:46am On Aug 30, 2012
MacDaddy01:

But we have had people leaving christianity and islam here on nairaland.

Do your research bro

Used to perhaps. But not anymore. And if they are doing it now it will be wrong to take all the credit. Reason is.... they already knew. Now If they did not know that they at least suspected it and in those extremely rare cases you may just convince someone. Most likely though such people are already open minded enough and they truly don't need your assistance.

The energy, time and effort you spend is too much compared to the progress you are making. It is an extremely inefficient method.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Agiliti(m): 7:24am On Aug 30, 2012
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Niflheim(m): 8:48am On Aug 30, 2012
@evil brain,i agree with you,it is not a waste of time to debate with them!!!...............alot of them are gradually beginning to see the light!!!
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Niflheim(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2012
@zataxs,the problem with religious fanatics is that they have more respect for a book filled with a thousand lies over a website with a million facts(google),we now know that a freemason,murderer and hom.osexual called king james ordered the translation of the bible!!!
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2012
The arguement must not stop.Never.As a open-minded christain,I learn from the 'logical' atheists,and above all it makes me stronger.
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by Niflheim(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2012
there is a muslim lady i know who told me that freemasonry is for white men,but when i tried to tell her that a lot of nigerians are also members,she said that it is impossible since her imam told her that it is only for whites...............i recommended books and websites with proof but she insisted that her imam does not lie..........THE MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!!!
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2012
I feel you @poster, it seems Atheists will rather be obsessed about the existence of God and other philosophical mysteries that have remained unanswered for the better part of the last century. who cares whether God exists or not. The Religious folks are doing their best to propagate their Faith, why don't we sit back and contribute to Humanity like we should rather than exchanging witless banter with folks who have clearly made up their mind and cannot be bothered to see a different perspective.
There is more to life than God and Angels and Fairies and Elvis
Re: Atheists - Stop wasting your time on Christians/Muslims by zataxs: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
@Agiliti,
Very true... that's exactly what is happening.
so the real question now is what's next?

@Niflheim,1
You are deluding yourself. No one is seeing any light.
And the never well at this rate.
I have done my research from looking at 100s if not 1000s
of posts in this section and the results are consistent
with what I am saying.

@Niflheim,2
Yes, very true. But that's the problem we have.
It is like trying to kill a parasite with the same old drugs
without taking into consideration that it mutated a long time ago.
Debating is no longer working. At least not this way and certaintly not in this forum.
Maybe you can move the sames debates to TV or Radio. Maybe that will make some people who don't have access to forum like this... see the light. Who knows...

@Reyginus
We don't argue for arguments sake. Unless we don't care about the value of our time... and that's my point.

@Niflheim,3
How so true. That's my point exactly. So here is my question... why tell her? Atheists need to stop wasting their precious time on this earth and do something else. If you want to show people the light, do it, but posting on nairaland is not one of the methods that bear fruit.

@largewhenindoubt
Relgious folk are stopping at nothing to get converts. They do anything and everything, vile or virtuous it does not matter, they will die for their Gods. That's very true.
Atheists have not made any serious effort other than swing in the comfort of their seats and try to rehash general knowledge facts pasted from wikipedia.
And it comes to no surprise at all that their methods are not working.

(1) (Reply)

Significance Of Ash Wednesday - Lent Begins On 13-02-2013 / SACRILEGE: Worshiper Gives Used Condom As Offering In Church / Ghanaian Pastor Want A Contest With Nigeria Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.