Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan (1957 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S IV To Launch In April / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks / Samsung Galaxy S III Will Be Unveiled Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by joanana(f): 10:50am On Aug 29, 2012
Few months ago, a Canadian Samsung fan Shane Bennett contacted Samsung Canada on their Facebook account and asking for a free Galaxy S III because he has been a loyal customer of the brand for the past few years. In return for the phone, he attached a drawing of a fire breathing dragon that he drew.

Of course, you can’t get free things in return for drawings, which is why Samsung Canada politely declined but returned the gesture with a drawing of their own, a kangaroo on a unicycle. This led to a lot of positive publicity for Samsung after the image was posted on reddit and so eventually, they decided to not just invite Bennett to an exclusive Galaxy S III launch party but eventually send him a customized version of the phone, too.

It’s a bit crazy just how customized this phone is. For starters, it comes with a cover for the box with the picture of the drawing that Bennett drew and sent to Samsung. Inside, you will find the phone that has the same dragon printed on the front and back cover. The drawing on the front looks confusing until you switch the phone on and find a custom wallpaper that completes the drawing. There is also a thank you note from Samsung for all the positive media coverage they received due to Bennett’s picture being posted online.

It’s a one-of-a-kind device, so there’s no chance anyone else can get their hands on one of these. The rest of us will just have to choose from the four new and two old colors that are available to us.

SOURCE: http://blog.gsmarena.com/samsung-canada-sends-a-customized-galaxy-s-iii-to-a-long-time-fan-as-a-gesture-of-gratitude/

[b]

It all started with a simple Facebook message from a loyal Samsung fan to the company’s Canadian Facebook page. “I was just wondering if I could get a free Galaxy S3?” asked Shane. And for good measure the Samsung fanboy included a picture of a dinosaur going rawr. It wasn’t a very good drawing but it was cute. And cute counts.

Shane himself, age 26, told TechCrunch today he is far from an artist. Artist or not, he’s now the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S III with his artwork adorning the backside — and he got the customized phone for free.

The phone came from Samsung Canada. His phone is special. It’s a one-of-a-kind and according to the note displayed below from Samsung Canada, it’s the only customized Galaxy S III in Canada. Best of all, it’s a gift from Samsung Canada to Shane, apparently a sort-of thank you for the story that viral in May ahead of the Galaxy S III’s launch.

When Shane sent his little note to Samsung Canada in May, the phone had yet to hit the market. Samsung had just unveiled the phone and it wasn’t scheduled to hit the Canadian market until late June. But that didn’t stop Shane, a self-professed Samsung fan, who indicated to Samsung Canada that he already owned Samsung HDTV, Samsung notebook and a first-generation Samsung Galaxy S. But he wanted Samsung’s latest smartphone, too.

Samsung Canada didn’t respond to Shane’s note until the next day. As seen on this screenshot of the Facebook message (shown right), Samsung Canada politely explained that there is no way they could give everyone person who asked a free phone. Samsung would go out of business, explained the Facebook message. But as a parting gift, the company included a picture of a kangaroo. The story quickly went viral on Reddit. But the story didn’t end there.

Shane explained to TechCrunch that Samsung Canada contacted him previously and told him to expect a delivery of a phone within the next few days.

The phone not only has custom backart but also a special background that matches up artwork on the bezel. Samsung Canada says it’s the only one of its kind in Canada but it’s likely the only one like it in the world.

And the Internet says being a fanboy doesn’t pay. It clearly paid nicely in this case.[/b]

source: http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/28/rawr-samsung-canada-wins-the-internet-with-this-custom-galaxy-s-iii/

Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by lynxnoon(m): 10:38pm On Aug 29, 2012
lol
funny tin is no one in the world wide world can pawn this fone grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by Bawss1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
*Bawss1 brings out his sketch book and starts a drawing of a mountain lion he intends to send to Apple.*

iPhone 5. *hint* *hint*
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by joanana(f): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2012
Bawss1: *Bawss1 brings out his sketch book and starts a drawing of a mountain lion he intends to send to Apple.*

iPhone 5. *hint* *hint*

In ya dreams... cos dats not gonna happen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by dominique(f): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2012
joanana:

In ya dreams... cos dats not gonna happen grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

never say never. me sef go find something to sketch give samsung cheesy.
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by joanana(f): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2012
dominique:

never say never. me sef go find something to sketch give samsung cheesy.

Now everybody don turn Samsung fan overnight abi? u guys r really funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by dominique(f): 11:24am On Aug 30, 2012
joanana:

Now everybody don turn Samsung fan overnight abi? u guys r really funny grin grin grin grin grin

me i've been a samsung fan right from the blue face dayz o cool. i may have to include that in my sketch.
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by Bawss1(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2012
joanana:

The drawing could possibly end up "stolen" or I could be sued by Apple cheesy
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by lynxnoon(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2012
but meeennnn
nice and sharp marketing moves by Samsung
at least this should fetch them more fan base grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by joanana(f): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2012
Sammy is creative ... Apple is obsolete grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by masterpiecer(m): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2012
cool though, but my 5yrs old nephew can draw a better dragon8)
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by masterpiecer(m): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
the dragon looks like a bush ratgrin grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by joanana(f): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
masterpiecer: the dragon looks like a bush ratgrin grin grin
hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 01, 2012
Drafting a letter to Benz instantly. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by lynxnoon(m): 11:25am On Sep 01, 2012
masterpiecer: cool though, but my 5yrs old nephew can draw a better dragon8)
masterpiecer: the dragon looks like a bush ratgrin grin grin
it wasnt about the drawing
it was the idea and fanaticism behind it wink
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2012
Companies and their reaction in comparison with Samsung

MICROSOFT: probably
NOKIA: no, but the fan'll get a thank you note.
GOOGLE: definitely
APPLE: no. freaking. way! I mean c'mon, they patent rectangles.
Re: Samsung Canada Sends A Customized Galaxy S III To A Long Timefan by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 04, 2012
SimonAndal: Companies and their reaction in comparison with Samsung

APPLE: no. freaking. way! I mean c'mon, they patent rectangles.

LMAO!! WORD!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry 10 Devices Home / URGENT! Tecno F7 Not Working In Canada! Pls Help! / Google Changes Logo Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.