Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Fresh Oil Spill Hits Atlantic Coastline In Akwa-ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Oil Spill Hits Atlantic Coastline In Akwa-ibom (446 Views)

Amina Mohammed Inspects Delta Forcados Oil Spill (Photos) / I Have More To Say, Fayose Shouldn’t Force Me To Spill All –aluko / Oil Spill Kills 15 In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Oil Spill Hits Atlantic Coastline In Akwa-ibom by EteFlexible: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
Ten days after the oil spill at Qua Iboe fields operated by Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, MPN, more spills have been sighted on the Atlantic coastline at Ibeno, Akwa Ibom State.

Fishermen and residents of coastal communities at Ibeno and Esit Eket Local Government Areas of the state, who noticed oil spills on the shoreline, reported the development to the oil spill agency.

An official of National Oil Spills Detection and Response Agency, NOSDRA, said the agency got the report of fresh oil spill on the shores.

He said: "As soon as we got the report we deployed personnel to the site, though we are still investigating the earlier incident of August 13. I understand they saw tar balls at the coast.

"As we speak, our men are still in the field and their findings will help us to know the nature and extent of the deposits. It cannot be business as usual."

Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited, MPN, has maintained a studied silence over its claimed investigation into the source of the oil spill found within its operational area on August 13.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208290513.html
Re: Fresh Oil Spill Hits Atlantic Coastline In Akwa-ibom by Joeadamu86: 12:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
What are we to do with these oil companies ABEG!!! They keep treating us like rubbish, its about time the FGN puts a stop to these nonsense because if you look outside this country you can hardly find them having such case of spillage in other countries.
Even as ExxonMobil officials were perfecting their cover-up strategies for an oil spill that occurred 10 days ago, one more spillage has been reported in its area of operation. I tire ooh! angry angry angry angry sad

read more on Sahara Reporters
Re: Fresh Oil Spill Hits Atlantic Coastline In Akwa-ibom by valhendeshawgm(m): 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
Oil spillage again, Na wats happening wit these Oil companies!!!!! Come if 9ja can't handle dem den someone should sue dem to court ooooooooo. Like the report has already reveal dat der are not ready to coperate dats my own opinion... Very soon fish go cost ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i don talk my own der

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Commends Security Agents On Fight Against Terrorism / Who Speaks For Farouk Lawan? / Why we are angry And fighting- Arewa youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.