Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,647 members, 7,858,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! (4312 Views)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! / Flaw In Jehovah's Witness Bible (NWT) About Jesus Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2012
Hello my fellow naıralanders,there some facts ın the bıble that always confuse me when ı come accross them,the fact ıs that ın the bıble jesus chrıst says he ıs the lıght an the way,no one can see the kıngdom of heaven except through hım whıch he also say he and hıs father are the same,but what comfused me here ıs that jesus was ask by hıs dıscıple to know the day of hıs judgement ,but jesus reply them that hımself dnt know the day, only God knows the judgement day.and my questıon here, ıs he not thesame wıth hıs father to know the day
Pls shed more lıght to me,u knw there some fact ın the bıble whıch are dıfıcult to understand except ur wıth the holy spırıt.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by DeepSight(m): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2012
Jesus was just a man. That's the simple answer to your question. In history, humans always deify spiritual leaders. That is what they did to Jesus. They turned him to God. Its asinine.

See more biblical quotes in the OP here -

https://www.nairaland.com/344297/dr-david-sheds-some-light
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2012
dear op. Jesus says that he is the way truth and life because through his teaching you will get to God, he speaks the truth about God and he says that he and his father is one because he is trying to tell you how close he is with the father.he is not God the father which is the decision maker but God the son which is the love of God.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Callotti: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2012
Surprised MONKEYNA2 FACE SHARIA WINCH abi na MANMUSTWACPOOHSIE nefa close this thread!!! grin
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Callotti: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2012
We as Super-Americans are planning to capture that his FAKE YESHUARIC azzzze, and extract his DNA.
Now, you know why he DARES not come down to Earth!
Watch out! cheesy

PLEASE WORSHIP HIM WHILE YOU CAN. kiss
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by DeepSight(m): 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2012
Callotti: We as Super-Americans are planning to capture that his FAKE YESHUARIC azzzze, and extract his DNA.
Now, you know why he DARES not come down to Earth!
Watch out! cheesy

PLEASE WORSHIP HIM WHILE YOU CAN. kiss

When will you tire of id.iocy? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Callotti: 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2012
Deep Sight:

When will you tire of id.iocy? ? ? ? ? ? ?

WHEN THAT YOUR JESUS COMES TO COLLECT YOU AND ALL HIS PEOPLE. cheesy

Did I hijack YOUR THREAD? grin
Pele o. Next time, stick to one HANDLE.
You may have the floor! wink
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2012
Deep Sight:
Jesus was just a man. That's the simple answer to your question. In history, humans always deify spiritual leaders. That is what they did to Jesus. They turned him to God. Its asinine.

See more biblical quotes in the OP here -

https://www.nairaland.com/344297/dr-david-sheds-some-light
No,am not satısfy wıt ur answer at all,how can he be just a man,when he was born wıthout undergoıng same procedure we undergo(man+woman)
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2012
shivaclub: dear op. Jesus says that he is the way truth and life because through his teaching you will get to God, he speaks the truth about God and he says that he and his father is one because he is trying to tell you how close he is with the father.he is not God the father which is the decision maker but God the son which is the love of God.
Are u a catholıcıan?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2012
Callotti: Surprised MONKEYNA2 FACE SHARIA WINCH abi na MANMUSTWACPOOHSIE nefa close this thread!!! grin
Dnt mınd hım
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
Unity does not imply sameness. Jesus said I am one with the Father He did not say I am the Father. What He implied was a unity which indicates an agreement which allows Jesus to share in the management of the universe. Jesus is still subject to the Father's decisions in the matters of the Kingdom. One of those decisions is the time of fulfillment which Jesus said the Father has reserved judgment for Himself.

Don't be confused.

3 Likes

Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 11:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
Lord_Reed: Unity does not imply sameness. Jesus said I am one with the Father He did not say I am the Father. What He implied was a unity which indicates an agreement which allows Jesus to share in the management of the universe. Jesus is still subject to the Father's decisions in the matters of the Kingdom. One of those decisions is the time of fulfillment which Jesus said the Father has reserved judgment for Himself.

Don't be confused.
my brother thıs ıs far beyònd unıty.what jst ımagın God fada+Godson+Godholy spırıt=1. ı.e 3ın1=1ın3. Are they not thesame
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 12:22am On Aug 30, 2012
pastie: my brother thıs ıs far beyònd unıty.what jst ımagın God fada+Godson+Godholy spırıt=1. ı.e 3ın1=1ın3. Are they not thesame

No sir it is not far beyond unity, it is the perfect unity of mind that God has proposed for the church.

John 17:21:
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (KJV)

Our unity with God does not make us the same as God, it makes us one with Him but not same.

The unity is not unity of body as some suppose but a unity of purpose and mind. Jesus does not have the same body as the Father nor do either of them have the same body as the Spirit.

There is no confusion if you understand this.

1 Like

Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by ijawkid(m): 12:46am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

No sir it is not far beyond unity, it is the perfect unity of mind that God has proposed for the church.

John 17:21:
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. (KJV)

Our unity with God does not make us the same as God, it makes us one with Him but not same.

The unity is not unity of body as some suppose but a unity of purpose and mind. Jesus does not have the same body as the Father nor do either of them have the same body as the Spirit.

U make sense o.....
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by F00028: 4:27am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed: Unity does not imply sameness. Jesus said I am one with the Father He did not say I am the Father. What He implied was a unity which indicates an agreement which allows Jesus to share in the management of the universe. Jesus is still subject to the Father's decisions in the matters of the Kingdom. One of those decisions is the time of fulfillment which Jesus said the Father has reserved judgment for Himself.

Don't be confused.
how is an agreement which allows Jesus to share in the management of the universe indicated here

where else in the bible has Jesus ever claimed to have a hand in the management of the universe?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by F00028: 4:31am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

that unity of purpose is a nice angle. so Moses and God are one? and Abraham, Elijah, Ezekiel...?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 7:20am On Aug 30, 2012
F00028:
how is an agreement which allows Jesus to share in the management of the universe indicated here

where else in the bible has Jesus ever claimed to have a hand in the management of the universe?

I mean that when you take all the bible has to say on the subject you will understand that this is Jesus' position, John 1 for example tells us nothing was made without the Word before He was made flesh. Ephesians 1:20,21 makes us to know that Jesus is what I choose to call Co-Regent with The Father and by The Father's design this will eventually involve the church.

F00028:

that unity of purpose is a nice angle. so Moses and God are one? and Abraham, Elijah, Ezekiel...?

Eventually we who believe will all be one including those that have gone before.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2012
@lord reed
if jesus is God, why didnt he know the day he will come back, but God knows? Just answer the damn question and stop adding more confusion ontop more confusion.

1 Like

Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by ijawkid(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2012
diluminati: @lord reed
if jesus is God, why didnt he know the day he will come back, but God knows? Just answer the damn question and stop adding more confusion ontop more confusion.

He has answered d question.....he just explained oneness....

I can sense from his explanation that Jesus is not the Father....

Shikena....
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2012

Just as ijawkid has said the question has been answered. Jesus is not The Father, He is Co-Regent (my word) thus is God since He acts as God ie has the authority and power but The Father reserves certain matters for Himself.

No confusion.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by firestar(f): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Just as ijawkid has said the question has been answered. Jesus is not The Father, He is Co-Regent (my word) thus is God since He acts as God ie has the authority and power but The Father reserves certain matters for Himself.

No confusion.

Small letter "g" when referring to Jesus as a [b]g[/b]od. The difference has to made clear.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 9:09am On Aug 30, 2012
firestar:

Small letter "g" when referring to Jesus as a [b]g[/b]od. The difference has to made clear.

There is no need. Not only does it sound like we are building a pantheon of gods but Jesus is operating from the right hand of God The Father and has been given all power in heaven and on earth.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by pastie(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2012
Thats ıt my sıster.a sımple questıon that need sımple answer.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Aug 30, 2012
pastie: Thats ıt my sıster.a sımple questıon that need sımple answer.

How simple do you want the answer to be?

Jesus is NOT The Father. His oneness with The Father is NOT a bodily oneness. He operates as God (ie He is God) because He has been given all authority in Heaven and on Earth, the same position He had before He came to Earth.

How much simpler can it get?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by F00028: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

How simple do you want the answer to be?...
this simple: is there a simple unequivocal statement where he declares Godship'

How much simpler can it get?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by F00028: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

How simple do you want the answer to be?...

this simple: is there a simple unequivocal statement where Jesus himself declares 'Godship'?
I ask because when he says stuff, all power is GIVEN unto me and I can of my own self do NOTHING, it nullifies all your fancy rhetoric.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by mkmyers45(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2012
pastie: No,am not satısfy wıt ur answer at all,how can he be just a man,when he was born wıthout undergoıng same procedure we undergo(man+woman)

So, he is not the first person to be born that way...
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Enigma(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2012
pastie: Hello my fellow naıralanders,there some facts ın the bıble that always confuse me when ı come accross them,the fact ıs that ın the bıble jesus chrıst says he ıs the lıght an the way,no one can see the kıngdom of heaven except through hım whıch he also say he and hıs father are the same,but what comfused me here ıs that jesus was ask by hıs dıscıple to know the day of hıs judgement ,but jesus reply them that hımself dnt know the day, only God knows the judgement day.and my questıon here, ıs he not thesame wıth hıs father to know the day
Pls shed more lıght to me,u knw there some fact ın the bıble whıch are dıfıcult to understand except ur wıth the holy spırıt.

First of all don't be misled by all kinds of things that you read here; what the Bible teaches is that Jesus IS God; he is God the Son where we also have God the Father and God the Holy Spirit all as part of One God The Trinity. ((This issue has been discussed extensively on other threads and if you want I can provide some links later smiley )

Now to your question: the traditional Christian teaching and understanding is that whilst on earth Jesus was fully God and fully man ---- this is called the hypostatic union. However, Jesus had to do many things as a man ----in order to fulfil His purpose; in particular He had to die as a man; He can't die as God or even merely as "spirit" anyway.

So when Jesus says, He didn't know the day, time or hour etc ---- that was simply Jesus functioning as a man and with the limitations of functioning as simply a man in that particular respect. smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by mkmyers45(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2012
Lord_Reed:

No confusion.

So he isn't same with god then? So its safe to worship 3 gods...

Cool

1 Like

Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by mkmyers45(m): 11:12am On Aug 30, 2012
Enigma:

First of all don't be misled by all kinds of things that you read here; what the Bible teaches is that Jesus IS God; he is God the Son where we also have God the Father and God the Holy Spirit all as part of One God The Trinity. ((This issue has been discussed extensively on other threads and if you want I can provide some links later smiley )

Now to your question: the traditional Christian teaching and understanding is that whilst on earth Jesus was fully God and fully man ---- this is called the hypostatic union. However, Jesus had to do many things as a man ----in order to fulfil His purpose; in particular He had to die as a man; He can't die as God or even merely as "spirit" anyway.

So when Jesus says, He didn't know the day, time or hour etc ---- that was simply Jesus functioning as a man and with the limitations of functioning as simply a man in that particular respect. smiley

He's hybrid right? So he's god side knew?
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2012
F00028: is there a simple unequivocal statement where Jesus himself declares 'Godship'?

Yes quite a number and the Jews of His time understood what He meant

John 5:18
King James Version (KJV)
18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

They understood He meant that even though He was not The Father He was operating in the authority of The Father equating Him with God.

John 5:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

This is Jesus talking about the authority He has received.

John 14:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Again Jesus demonstrates His equality with God.

F00028: I ask because when he says stuff, all power is GIVEN unto me and I can of my own self do NOTHING, it nullifies all your fancy rhetoric.

There is no fancy rhetoric to it. Jesus does not say He is The Father. He clearly distinguishes Himself and The Father as two different people. However when it comes to Godship He refers to authority, similar to the powers of state given to a ruler. Does the ruler come to your house to enforce the rules? Is the seat of governement he holds not distinguished from him as a person? The authority a ruler wields is given by certain instruments eg a constitution which is what enforces his authority not him as a person.

The Jews understood all of this quite clearly. In their case it was the issue of sonship. They understood that claiming sonship made Jesus equal to God because sons in their society were the heirs of a man's estate and many at times represented their father in business and family deals with a seal of their fathers approval which made them "transform" to their father or equate. This is why Jesus says to Philip "Aren't you a Jew? Why ask to see The Father? I who am talking to you now is His Son I am de facto God right here" (my paraphase).

These are not words of rhetoric adding things that are not there or implying things not originally meant.
Re: Some Confusıon About Jesus Chrıst!!! by Enigma(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2012
mkmyers45:

He's hybrid right? So he's god side knew?

If you put it that way I won't object just for the sake of simplicity but, personally, I would express it differently.

Yes, as God Jesus knows everything. If you are in doubt, get a Bible with His words in red ----- and read his words in the book of Revelation. (For this purpose, even if you do not believe the Bible, you will have to agree that it is the reference point for this thread). smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Superpowers From The Bible That We Would Love To Have / The Most Powerful Truth Revealed By Apostle Paul In The Bible!! - Andrew Wommack / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.