Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (4170 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Dottore: 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
I will read it when I come back from flexing
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
no one is afraid

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by McStoic(m): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
No one is afraid. Tis just the same way you can't teach calculus to a kindergarten pupil cos it makes no sense to them, coupled with their immaturity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
FruitCakes:
no one is afraid
“religious people are mentally ill and use their delusion of God to fit their messed up world. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
finalboss:
when you inform dogmatic religious people that they too are atheists, just towards another god like Zeus, Horus or Osiris , they outright deny it & assert that their god is the one true deity all-the-while avoiding having to provide evidence. They absolutely hate others questioning & scrutinizing their beliefs. Literally, every Christian (or Muslim for that matter) on nairaland has ignored & darted away from logical points & refutations to their ideologies..then they proceed with insulting the person for making too much sense. This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance.
It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.

No one is afraid or avoiding to answer in criticism. We old timer have answered all question atheist want to ask on nairaland. So going back to debate same topic all over again is a waste of time. Search nairaland before creating any uninteresting topic.

Mind you, not every Christian have enough data to answer your questions because they are not apologetic, but here on nairaland your question will be destroyed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
finalboss:
“religious people are mentally ill and use their delusion of God to fit their messed up world. undecided
Hmm okay
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2019
GoodMuyis:

No one is afraid or avoiding to answer in criticism. We old timer have answered all question atheist want to ask on nairaland. So going back to debate same topic all over again is a waste of time. Search nairaland before creating any uninteresting topic.

Mind you, not every Christian have enough data to answer your questions because they are not apologetic, but here on nairaland your question will be destroyed.
a lot of Christians are woefully unequipped for dealing with criticism about their faith, which could lead to being intimidated. little one go back to sleep
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
FruitCakes:
Hmm okay
undecided are my intimidating you ??
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
finalboss:
a lot of Christians are woefully unequipped for dealing with criticism about their faith, which could lead to being intimidated. little swerve

Then if you continue to throw questions at them, that is bullying

Am a computer Technician, that doesn't I should expect a Computer user to know what I know.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Kikikikikiki....
The BOOK OF PROVERBS has given Christians all the basic lessons that are needed in dealing with fools and that's the reason you cannot really find Christians debating too much with atheists because it is a total waste of PHONE INK!
Go and win the case against minor religions before you start dealing with Christianity proper. Kikikikikiki. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!!!
TRUTH IS TRUTH AND FALSE IS FALSE. YOUR BELIEF DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING BUT GIVES YOU A PROPER UNDERSTANDING ON A BETTER FOUNDATION ON WHICH TO STAND.
I BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND HE IS THE PERFECT TRUTH.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
finalboss:
undecided are my intimidating you ??
lol no.I'm not in a good enough mood to argue ni
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by johnydon22(m): 10:47pm On Mar 02, 2019
Weird flex but ok
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by MuttleyLaff: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
FruitCakes:
no one is afraid
[img]https://s1/images/MuttleyHappyB.gif[/img]
Happy Birthday FruitCakes!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by daveP(m): 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
Lol.Sometimes i do wonder...why is it that 5/5 of atheist that sat down with the Holy Bible, trying to disprove all therein, always end up getting converted?

And other atheist end up jumping this real life fact with more baseless talk. lol

Most of yall ranting cant even sit down and try disprove the scientific way, talk less of the basic way.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2019
FruitCakes:
lol no.I'm not in a good enough mood to argue ni
oww. Whats wrong dear ?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 12:18am On Mar 03, 2019
daveP:
Lol.Sometimes i do wonder...why is it that 5/5 of atheist that sat down with the Holy Bible, trying to disprove all therein, always end up getting converted?

And other atheist end up jumping this real life fact with more baseless talk. lol

Most of yall ranting cant even sit down and try disprove the scientific way, talk less of the basic way.

little one, shall we ?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by daveP(m): 12:33am On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
little one, shall we ?
Answer the question first. why?

No one forced them rem. No preacher shouted in their ears. so why?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Francisno: 12:56am On Mar 03, 2019
No body is afaid of atheist first of all you ask your self who is an atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of the Almighty God.
Every body is trying to apply wisdom on them for eg I preach to an atheist about my religion he will look down on and can threaten you so you need defend your self because the bible tells u DAT give Caesar what belongs to him and God what belongs to him.
So my conclusion is since a Christian and atheist does not share the same religion any thing in common there is need for the christian to give him chance that's not being afraid buy applying wisdom. For eg when u see a native u don't approach him you walk pass him.
For more of this and to see what the Lord is doing in our lives click this link Bbcloaded.info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Francisno: 12:59am On Mar 03, 2019
Francisno:
No body is afaid of atheist first of all you ask your self who is an atheist is a person who does not believe in the existence of the Almighty God.
Every body is trying to apply wisdom on them for eg I preach to an atheist about my religion he will look down on and can threaten you so you need defend your self because the bible tells u DAT give Caesar what belongs to him and God what belongs to him.
So my conclusion is since a Christian and atheist does not share the same religion any thing in common there is need for the christian to give him chance that's not being afraid buy applying wisdom. For eg when u see a native u don't approach him you walk pass him.
For more of this and to see what the Lord is doing in our lives click this link Bbcloaded.info
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 03, 2019
They're not. Not really.

Well maybe a select few. But the most common view of atheists by christians that i've noticed here is that atheists are just deluded and don't know or understand enough about the spiritual realm to understand it.

Which obviously is hogwash to me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by finalboss(m): 1:18am On Mar 03, 2019
Francisno:
you ruined everything. Little one, athiesm isn't a religion its a personal relationship with reality.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by MuttleyLaff: 6:25am On Mar 03, 2019
FruitCakes:
lol no. I'm not in a good enough mood to argue ni
Go, shawty, you're not in a good enough mood to argue because it was sherbarf day yesterday and we were sipping barcadi cos it's sherbarf day

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by onlyinJESUS: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Alright, here's is one Christian who isn't afraid.
You guys seem to stereotype some for all....

Note: many if those who go to church aren't Christians, they are church goers.....
A Christian really would have an idea about battling atheistic (self contradictory) criticism

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by babyfaceafrica: 7:51am On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
check mail
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 8:18am On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.

In fact, a lot (probably all) Christians have moments of doubt. This is why communal worship is so crucial to all religions - surrounding yourself with hundreds of other people who all appear to have strong faith, strengthens your own faith in the face of those personal doubts.

Religious belief is reflected in the story of The story of The Emperor’s New Clothes . Everyone believed the emperor was wearing an amazing costume (when he was actually naked) because everyone else acted as if they believed he was wearing an amazing costume (they were all cheering and commenting on how amazing the costume was), even though each one individually had strong doubts that he was wearing anything. But nobody wanted to speak up because they feared ridicule. It was social proof in action - everyone believed because everyone else believed.
The atheist is like the little boy in the story, who pointed out that the emperor was actually naked. The little boy burst the bubble. Social proof was instantly destroyed.

Christians fear atheists because we are poking at their secret, silent doubts about god, and if we keep on doing it, these bubbles of faith will start to burst. Since Christianity is only maintained through social proof, once a critical mass of burst bubbles is reached, the entire ridiculous facade of Christianity, and eventually of all religions, will quickly come tumbling down.

This is a perfect example of cognitive dissonance. It is a piece of cake to debunk Christian & Muslim claims, but when you’ve been indoctrinated since childhood to believe in anti-scientific & immoral gibberish then you will spend the rest of your life fighting off anything that’s contrary to your religious doctrine.
Regarding your question, the only thread of yours that amounted to a real examination of the Christian Faith is the one where I made this answer: https://www.nairaland.com/5047092/good-questions-get-christians-thinking#76149992.

You made no response to that answer. So, it would seem that you couldn't find fault with it. I can't see how that translated to being afraid of atheists.

I always try to answer the questions that all manner of people ask about the Christian Faith whether from good or from bad intentions. Some other believers might as well. It is not something that every Christian should do because each of us is a soldier with very specific and unique spiritual talents, training and equipment which predispose us to unique kinds of tasks. I do what I do not only because I can but because I should.

That other believers don't bother to answer some of the challenges made by your kind is usually because they are not gifted to do so, but they also don't because many of them don't know the Bible and unfortunately do not care to learn about it since they are more concerned with surviving in this world and with having fun and making friends. It is unfortunate but it does not at all mean that atheism is anything more than a pack of obvious lies.

You are free to believe whatever you want. You are free to believe that we are all standing on our heads and that sunlight is green. You are free to believe that God does not exist and there will be no judgment for your sins. You can make up any fiction you like and believe it. That is what free will makes you able to do. But free will does not protect you from the consequences of your choice. If you believe lies about God - including that He doesn't exist - the Lake of Fire is where you will end up for eternity. If you believe the Truth that He teaches in Christ, then glory, honor and immortality will be yours when the Lord Jesus returns.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 8:51am On Mar 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Go, shawty, you're not in a good enough mood to argue because it was sherbarf day yesterday and we were sipping barcadi cos it's sherbarf day
lol I have no idea what is bacadi
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by FruitCakes(f): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2019
finalboss:
oww. Whats wrong dear ?
Aww thanks for asking, doubt its something anyone here can help with
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Regarding your question, the only thread of yours that amounted to a real examination of the Christian Faith is the one where I made this answer: https://www.nairaland.com/5047092/good-questions-get-christians-thinking#76149992.

You made no response to that answer. So, it would seem that you couldn't find fault with it. I can't see how that translated to being afraid of atheists.

I always try to answer the questions that all manner of people ask about the Christian Faith whether from good or from bad intentions. Some other believers might as well. It is not something that every Christian should do because each of us is a soldier with very specific and unique spiritual talents, training and equipment which predispose us to unique kinds of tasks. I do what I do not only because I can but because I should.

That other believers don't bother to answer some of the challenges made by your kind is usually because they are not gifted to do so, but they also don't because many of them don't know the Bible and unfortunately do not care to learn about it since they are more concerned with surviving in this world and with having fun and making friends. It is unfortunate but it does not at all mean that atheism is anything more than a pack of obvious lies.

You are free to believe whatever you want. You are free to believe that we are all standing on our heads and that sunlight is green. You are free to believe that God does not exist and there will be no judgment for your sins. You can make up any fiction you like and believe it. That is what free will makes you able to do. But free will does not protect you from the consequences of your choice. If you believe lies about God - including that He doesn't exist - the Lake of Fire is where you will end up for eternity. If you believe the Truth that He teaches in Christ, then glory, honor and immortality will be yours when the Lord Jesus returns.
Ihedinobi I actually checked out the thread in question. I'm currently working on a rebuttal to your post. Mention me in 3 days if you don't get a mention from me. To be fair to final.boss, the questions in the OP were much, hence your lenghty response; and its not quite easy replying a post of such magnitude and going on a constant back and forth arguing on an internet forum when you have real life issues to attend to(at least for me personally). Sometimes when I argue with someone here, I just back off. Not because I find no fault with it, but because I just dont have the time or energy to commit to responding to the person at that moment. That being said, I read your response and didn't find it completely satisfying. So i'm working on a response to let you know my problems with your post.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 9:20am On Mar 03, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Ihedinobi I actually checked out the thread in question. I'm currently working on a rebuttal to your post. Mention me in 3 days if you don't get a mention from me. To be fair to final.boss, the questions in the OP were much, hence your lenghty response; and its not quite easy replying a post of such magnitude and going on a constant back and forth arguing on an internet forum when you have real life issues to attend to. Sometimes when I argue with someone here, I just back off. Not because I find no fault with it, but because I just dont have the time to commit to responding to the person at that moment. That being said, I read your response and didn't find it completely satisfying. So i'm working on a response to let you know my problems with your post.
I look forward to your response.

As for finalboss, I talk the way I did only when an antagonist to the Faith makes declarations like the one in this thread in the face of responses that he does not account for.

I do sympathize with you about the work involved in these conversations. But when someone makes a challenge like the one made in that thread, then just as you did here, the person is responsible to make clear that they can or cannot respond and that they are taking time to make a response if they are. But these are matters of courtesy and decency, not law, so it is not surprising that many don't do it. But to ignore basic decency and put up a thread like this one is one reason I hold such a low opinion of atheism and atheists.

It's good to hear from you again. Like I said, I'm looking forward to your answer on that thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by MuttleyLaff: 10:01am On Mar 03, 2019
FruitCakes:
lol I have no idea what is bacadi
What's the matter with barcadi?
Dont tell me you dont eat food with alcohol in it at all ooo, or is it you dont and/or never really do eat food with alcohil in it ni?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Annointing Oil In Private Part To Cast Out Demons / A Nairalander Visits The Sacred Grave Of Queen Sheba (pics) / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.