Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,133 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? (10703 Views)

Poll: The toilet seat should be: (check any option that apply)

Up: 49% (49 votes)
Down: 50% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

9 Things That Are Dirtier Than Your Toilet Seat / Toilet Infection / How To Handle Toilet Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by Caradona(f): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2008
I don't care if the toilet seat is down or up. Except if the man has diarrhoea. then I'll go mad. And I've done my research, If a man has a small plumbing. he seems to aim well but a man with long plumbing seems to mix the Target and mess the toilet seat.
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by IYaeto(f): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2008
Up for male and down for female. Since women sit on the toilet seat, men have to lift up the seat as some men drip any how while some cannot control their "splash zone". It won't be nice for a man to use a toilet and then a woman now ends up sitting on piss/urine. It's either a written or an unwritten rule.
And as for taking a dump without splashing water, use the bog roll/toilet paper for "extra cushion"/padding befor taking a dump. cool wink
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by smol(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2008
i think the seat should be up 4 guys and down 4 ladies. but where both parties have to use the same toilet, the seat should remain in the up position. because when a guy is pressed and  has to do is thing, he aint gonna remember the seat is down. so ladies please leave the seat up wink
and mendax, why should guys sit to pee? it doesn't make sense to me. undecided
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by babadee(m): 12:10am On Jan 12, 2008
Caradona:

I don't care if the toilet seat is down or up. Except if the man has diarrhoea. then I'll go mad. And I've done my research, If a man has a small plumbing. he seems to aim well but a man with long plumbing seems to mix the Target and mess the toilet seat.
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by babadee(m): 12:15am On Jan 12, 2008
Caradona:

lol.plumbing ke, what has pipe size got to do with aim?,
@caradona,
pls let us see your research date being the pipe professor emeritus you are!
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by topkin(m): 12:41am On Jan 12, 2008
@ ifyalways
be it up or down ooh i wipe it with tissues before i use.

@topic i think it should be up for the gents,down for the ladies.

I NEVER miss wiping it with a tissue, be it up or down wink
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by palemoon(f): 2:15am On Jan 12, 2008
i guess the most important thing is that the toilet seat and floor should be kept clean
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by Tats(m): 2:31am On Jan 12, 2008
I think most Ladies prefer the sit to be kept down and most Guys prefer it to be up. I prefer it to be up. Sure the toilet seat position does cause problems in relationships/homes!
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by lailai2(m): 2:54am On Jan 12, 2008
noraml toilet manners require it to be down because its traditional job is for defeacating, thats why there are also lidless toilets for males, males put it up when they want to use it and return it down after use, then wash their hands
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by denony(m): 12:17pm On Jan 12, 2008
It concern girls, for men up or down man go pee grin
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by kollyp2000(m): 3:24pm On Jan 12, 2008
Meeeeeeeeeeen!!

Up or down, I dey shit & pee dey go, At least, it is going to be behind the closed door, abi?
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by kelvin(m): 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2008
I have never really given this subject serious thought. But now am guessing up when in use for men but down for women when in use.
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by dtwsola(m): 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2008
It's becoming more popular for men to sit down while taking a piss. In fact 40% of Japanese men sit down on toilet when peeing.

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li_OpJiQf_s&rel=1[/flash]
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by FKseun(m): 9:34pm On Jan 12, 2008
The toilet seat should be up all the time. If a female needs to use it, all she does is put it down. Guys should always put it up even if they meet it down. I appreciate guys with good toilet manners.
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2008
up, down, halfway,

i dont trust swiping with tissue, people. that doesnt kill the germs. i place tissue paper all round the rims and then sit.

as to the question 'how to prevent water from splashing on ur bum when u drop a grenade (lol) cheesy grin

i agree with seun. i always drop quite a bit of tissue to 'cushion' the fall!
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by imoh2k7(m): 12:12am On Jan 14, 2008
i think it should be up for the guys and down for the ladies
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 14, 2008
WEIRDER, WEIRDER, as each day goes by, let is dieeeeeee!! muhahaha. oh btw. i think pit latrines are tha best. its neither up or down smiley
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by seun001(m): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2008

@Caradona,

u never disappoint! grin shocked cheesy wink grin shocked grin
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by yemivictor: 10:25am On Jan 14, 2008
iceblue:

up, down, halfway,

i don't trust swiping with tissue, people. that doesnt kill the germs. i place tissue paper all round the rims and then sit.

as to the question 'how to prevent water from splashing on your bum when u drop a grenade (lol) cheesy grin

i agree with seun. i always drop quite a bit of tissue to 'cushion' the fall!

You make it seem like you actually sit on public toilets. Go and ask, many girls who have their hygeine intact will never sit on public toilets to pee and also try as much as possible to avoid going #2 on public toilets where they might be compelled to sit.

In any case, i want to believe you don't have a boyfriend that "goes down on you" because if you did, you'd show him some kindness and never sit on toilets that are not the one in a 5-star hotel, or the one in your home (not face-me-i-face-you o!). Needless to state its importance to your personal hygiene and well-being as a woman also! grin
Re: Should The Toilet Seat Be Up Or Down? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 14, 2008
yemivictor:

You make it seem like you actually sit on public toilets. Go and ask, many girls who have their hygeine intact will never sit on public toilets to pee and also try as much as possible to avoid going #2 on public toilets where they might be compelled to sit.

In any case, i want to believe you don't have a boyfriend that "goes down on you" because if you did, you'd show him some kindness and never sit on toilets that are not the one in a 5-star hotel, or the one in your home (not face-me-i-face-you o!). Needless to state its importance to your personal hygiene and well-being as a woman also! grin

you dont know squat.

first i would never use a public toilet. i'm referring to my office which has only 3 people using it. i'm so good at holding in, i go on 13hr trips without using the loo.

secondly, i will ignore your implied insult that i am dirty. you dont want to start something you cant finish.

thirdly, the fact that you live in face-me-i-face you doesn't mean that we all do.

lastly, my sex life is none of your biz. mind yours.

(1) (2)

WHO Endorses Use Of HIV Medicines For Prevention / Bees Sting A Man To Death In Delta / Drugs That Can Stop Loss Of Blood Due To Disvirginity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.